Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Story of One Prison Rape, In an Inmate's Own Words

Default The Story of One Prison Rape, In an Inmate's Own Words

The Story of One Prison Rape, In an Inmate's Own Words

Today, the ACLU announced that it is filing a federal lawsuit on behalf of prisoners at the East Mississippi Correctional Facility, a private prison in Meridian, Mississippi. The suit alleges that EMCF is "hyper-violent, grotesquely filthy and dangerous." One example of the jail's dangers: this handwritten letter from an inmate describing his own rape.

According to the new lawsuit, the EMCF— a prison that holds "hundreds of mentally ill prisoners"— is rat-infested, poorly managed, hazardous to life and limb, and rife with inhumane conditions. Lights and toilets are broken; suicide attempts are "frequent"; medical care is poor; official supervision is lax. The lawsuit alleges that the staff "sadistically brutalizes" prisoners, and are "deliberately indifferent" to acts of violence against inmates.

That includes acts of sexual assault. The specter of prison rape is frequently raised as a risk of incarceration, but rarely talked about directly. This letter is one inmate's story, in his own words. The letter was sent from an EMCF inmate to the ACLU last year. Also included are excerpts from an investigative report from the Lauderdale County Sheriff's office, as well as an EMCF internal investigative report with more horrific details of the prisoner's ordeal at the hands of knife-wielding, cocaine-sniffing gang rapists. That report finds that the allegations of rape are substantiated by video and physical evidence. The letter, in other words, is true. Names in the letter and reports have been redacted at the ACLU's request.

This is one man's story.

The letter
    Expand
    Expand

The Sheriff's report
    Expand

Excerpt of the prison's internal investigative report, finding that the prisoner was physically and sexually assaulted, threatened, and robbed
    Expand
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What a disgrace.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

disgusting.
    i know a lot of people think prisoners are subhuman and don't deserve any rights but i just don't get that. how can you possibly think anyone, much less a kid who got caught stealing, deserves to be brutalised like this?

it's not rapists and child molesters who are getting raped in prison. it's the smaller guys, the younger guys or the gay guys, or those without gang affiliations or protection, mostly in there for drug offences or prostitution or stealing, who are being abused. i hope the ACLU wins this suit.

for anyone interested, there is a fascinating documentary on the subject, it's available in several parts on you tube. it's called 'turned out'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    disgusting.
    i know a lot of people think prisoners are subhuman and don't deserve any rights but i just don't get that. how can you possibly think anyone, much less a kid who got caught stealing, deserves to be brutalised like this?

it's not rapists and child molesters who are getting raped in prison. it's the smaller guys, the younger guys or the gay guys, or those without gang affiliations or protection, mostly in there for drug offences or prostitution or stealing, who are being abused. i hope the ACLU wins this suit.

for anyone interested, there is a fascinating documentary on the subject, it's available in several parts on you tube. it's called 'turned out'.

Thanks for the info on that. I'm watching now and WOW WOW WOW.
    Your penis is NOTHING to brag about! Is it normal for a penis to smell like corn chips?" Lark Voorhees

Elite Member

I've watched Turned Out. This is why I don't let any sort of prison rape jokes pass by me without protest. It's the damn kids who get raped, who are in prison for fucking nothing (shop lifting? please.) The hard criminals get respect. The pedos and rapists are protected. It's these poor kids who are made to fill the ranks at for-profit prisons (which demand 90% capacity in their state contracts.)

I won't fucking hear it, not from my brothers, not anyone. It's disgusting on any level to think of rape as a form of vengeance or justice, whether it's a "loose woman" in Pakistan or a criminal in the US prison system.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Awful but, what fucking prisoner doesn't claim they were arrested for wrong place wrong time. Bullshit.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Awful but, what fucking prisoner doesn't claim they were arrested for wrong place wrong time. Bullshit.
    In this case, I don't think a shop lifter belongs in prison for 10 years. If he had decent representation, the sentence wouldn't be near that.

With for-profit prisons demanding sentencing that keeps them in business, kids like this are treated way too harshly by the justice system. Again, the profits of the rich are more important than the rights of individuals to reasonable sentences and humane treatment while in prison.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

does it matter?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

To me yes because I've dealt with many an ex con in my day so I'm biased, its just one of those things that sets my buttcheeks on edge.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

disgusting.

I hope they win it too. Some kid who shoplifted doesn't deserve this shit... very few "deserve" this. My brother has been in prison and this type of thing didn't happen to him. Of course, he is schizophrenic and and cohorts referred to him as "Monster". He did get offers from guys who would borrow canteen from him (snickers, ramen noodles, cookies and such).. they would borrow a bag of cookies or something and then come and literally bat their eyes at him and then say "wanna fuck around?" and he would say "I don't fuck around and don't borrow anything else from me. Get out of here or I'm going to kick the shit out of you."... Even in that prison where it didn't seem that bad, there was still alot of gang activities: bloods, crips, houstones and skin heads...
    Kittylady likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

does it matter?
    Lying? Yeah, it matters. But cons always seem to lie. I deal w/sex offenders routinely as part of some volunteer work I do, and it's just amazing and ridiculous how much they lie. It's like hey idiot, we see your rap sheets. We read the victim statements. I guess it's just how their brains work or something.

It doesn't matter in terms of how this kid should be treated. But if you are reporting a serious crime like having been raped, it'd be cooler and smarter to just keep the extraneous "and mind you, of course I am innocent of MY crime" out of the account, you know? It isn't even relevant, actually.

I know some people will disagree with me, but I don't give a shit what the kid's offense was. It's not the point. Here, HE is the victim. He could be a fucking serial killer for all I care. NOBODY should be raped, and prisons have a responsibility to treat even their most heinous inmates with decency. That's a big part of what separates us from them, after all.

So I'm with the ACLU on this one.

To me yes because I've dealt with many an ex con in my day so I'm biased, its just one of those things that sets my buttcheeks on edge.
    Yep, a rolleyes moment for sure.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post

I know some people will disagree with me, but I don't give a shit what the kid's offense was. It's not the point. Here, HE is the victim. He could be a fucking serial killer for all I care. NOBODY should be raped, and prisons have a responsibility to treat even their most heinous inmates with decency. That's a big part of what separates us from them, after all.

So I'm with the ACLU on this one.
    And that is what it comes down to for me as well.

disgusting.

I'd like to think a petty thief or a shoplifter, however annoying their actions might be, has a better chance of being rehabilitated than a hardcore rapist, robber or murderer. Petty thieves, after a while without proper direction, become hardcore. Not all of them, but still. And stuff like this happening to them plays a huge part in that transition.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

As a guy, this situation is like literally the Apocalypse for me. The worst possible thing to imagine. I wouldn't even watch "Oz" for the longest time because this was such a pervasive theme on the show. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but quite frankly, I wouldn't care at all if it happened to guys who had killed or raped little kids. In that case, I wouldn't care if they got cornholed until they ended up with trunk butt. I know that sounds terrible; it's just my visceral feeling, and I'm not actually advocating it as public policy. Because you can't just protect part of the prison population, however, you have to protect all of them, even the short eyes.

I also think that certain populations of prisoners - people with mental disabilities, people who are known to be gay, or people who are young - are more likely to be rape victims. A guy who worked for me had ended up in the police-station jail because he talked back to a cop. While he was back in one cell, he said that there was a younger guy who was basically very learning disabled, who was being gang raped in another cell. From the way the guy told the story, it sounded like the other guys were using the learning-disabled guy's mental problems against him, rather than force.

^^ It's definitely not the most pleasant thing to think about. Men don't even consider the possibility of it.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information