Default Several Stabbed At Lone Star College Near Houston

Several Stabbed At Lone Star College; Life Flight Assists

By: CICELY MITCHELL

April 9, 2013 11:59 AM

(Photo Credit: Thinkstock)

Filed under

News
    Related tags

Life Flight, Lone Star College, Memorial Hermann Hospita, several stabbed, stab, stabbing at Lone Star

HOUSTON (CBS Houston) At least five people were stabbed at Lone Star College Tuesday. Authorities fear that there could be additional victims.
    Cy-Fair volunteer firefighters were called out to a stabbing at Lone Star College, located on Barker Cypress Road, about 11 a.m. According to officials, one of the victims was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital by helicopter. The conditions of the other victims were not released at the time of this report. The school’s campus was placed on lock down status as authorities assessed the situation.
    Several details surrounding the stabbing were not released at the time of this report, including if the victims were students, staff or both.
    Some of the victims of Tuesday’s stabbing had critical injuries. In addition to Life Flight called to assist, several ambulances were also called to help transport those who were wounded.

CBS Radio Houston will have more surrounding this developing story as details become available.
    Several Stabbed At Lone Star College; Life Flight Assists « CBS Houston

Suspect detained in Lone Star College campus stabbing

By Erin Mulvaney | April 9, 2013 | Updated: April 9, 2013 12:15pm

Harris County sheriff's deputies said at least one person was wounded and a suspect was in custody after a stabbing at the Cy-Fair campus of Lone Star College Tuesday afternoon.
    Another suspect may be at large, officials said.
    Officials said it is unclear if other victims have been wounded or what led to the stabbing at the campus at 9191 Barker Cypress. However, unconfirmed initial reports indicate as many as 13 people may have been injured.
    Two LifeFlight medical helicopters are en route to the scene.
    College officials issued an alert warning people to seek shelter if they are on campus. They those not on campus to stay away from the area. If anyone believe they may have seen the suspect on the run, the are warned to notify campus police at 281 290-5911.
    People at the scene have aid via Twitter that the campus has been locked down. College officials can not be reached for comment.
    This is the second incident in recent months at the College. In January, three people were wounded in a shooting at another campus in north Harris County.

Suspect detained in Lone Star College campus stabbing - Houston Chronicle
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Silver Member

4 have been air lifted.

When folks get into a gun control debate, there's always someone who says, 'take away guns and people will use whatever they can.' I guess this loser decided he was going to back up that argument. How horrific. Reminds me of the nut with the knife on that Canadian bus a few years back...
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^ But this is a perfect example of how much more deadly guns are. If this guy had a gun then most of them would probably have ended up dead.

That's it exactly Sarzy, I feel for the people who were injured but thank god there wasn't a gun involved. What a freaking nutjob, why does this keep happening? What is wrong with people?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

And that's how people go berserk without guns. You have what, five people who need bandaids?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    That's it exactly Sarzy, I feel for the people who were injured but thank god there wasn't a gun involved.
    Exactly. Did anybody else see this and think of Charles Whitman? Another nut who decided to kill a bunch of people on a Texas college campus? But because he had guns, he managed to kill 17 people, injure 32 others, and hold off law enforcement personnel for hours before they finally killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ But this is a perfect example of how much more deadly guns are. If this guy had a gun then most of them would probably have ended up dead.
    Yeah, that was the point, really. I didn't say that was MY argument, just that pro-gun people tend to bring it up, and it's a dumb argument lol. However, I do stand by the thought that crazy people who wanna kill will go for it with whatever is at hand, and--wait, why are we talking about relative numbers of people killed? NO number of people killed like this is okay. :-(

I'm hoping that enough incidents like this will ultimately get it through more peoples' heads that attitudes towards mental health issues are even more important than weapons issues. All the shame and fear and unwillingness to deal with the crazy and fix it just makes things worse.

We really see it here, where violent crimes by mentally disordered people have just gone up and up and up in the decades since we dismantled large portions of our mental health care system. We have overtly disturbed people not being taken care of, out on the streets, cold, hungry, unmedicated, putting themselves and others at direct risk. Folks used to refer to the streets of downtown Berkeley as "the open ward." I was once on a bus ride where one crazy homeless guy killed another by stabbing him in the eye...with a pencil. Naturally, if he'd had a gun--or a scimitar--it would've been much worse, but it's not acceptable that this situation was allowed at all.

Of course, I'm making the assumption that anybody who goes around stabbing a bunch of people is batshit crazy. I think that's pretty safe....
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Thread Information