Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Muslim abuser who 'didn't know' that sex with a girl of 13 was illegal is spared jail

  1. #1
    Gold Member Froogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Muslim abuser who 'didn't know' that sex with a girl of 13 was illegal is spared jail

    Adil Rashid admitted travelling to Nottingham and having sex with the girl

    He met the 13-year-old on Facebook and they communicated by texts and phone for two months before they met

    He was educated in a madrassa and 'had little experience of women'
    Said he had been taught 'women are no more worthy than a lollipop that has been dropped on the ground'
    Added he was reluctant to have sex but that he was 'tempted by [the girl]'


    Ignorant: Adil Rashid (pictured) did not know it was illegal to have sex with a 13-year-old girl


    A muslim who raped a 13-year-old girl he groomed on Facebook has been spared a prison sentence after a judge heard he went to an Islamic faith school where he was taught that women are worthless.
    Adil Rashid, 18, claimed he was not aware that it was illegal for him to have sex with the girl because his education left him ignorant of British law.
    Yesterday Judge Michael Stokes handed Rashid a suspended sentence, saying: ‘Although chronologically 18, it is quite clear from the reports that you are very naive and immature when it comes to sexual matters.’
    Earlier Nottingham Crown Court heard that such crimes usually result in a four to seven-year prison sentence.
    But the judge said that because Rashid was ‘passive’ and ‘lacking assertiveness’, sending him to jail might cause him ‘more damage than good’.
    Rashid, from Birmingham, admitted he had sex with the girl, saying he had been ‘tempted by her’ after they met online.
    They initially exchanged messages on Facebook before sending texts and chatting on the phone over a two-month period.
    They then met up in Nottingham, where Rashid had booked a room at a Premier Inn.
    The girl told police they stayed at the hotel for two hours and had sex after Rashid went to the bathroom and emerged wearing a condom.

    Rashid then returned home and went straight to a mosque to pray. He was arrested the following week after the girl confessed what had happened to a school friend, who informed one of her teachers.
    He told police he knew the girl was 13 but said he was initially reluctant to have sex before relenting after being seduced.

    Earlier the court heard how Rashid had ‘little experience of women’ due to his education at an Islamic school in the UK, which cannot be named for legal reasons.
    After his arrest, he told a psychologist that he did not know having sex with a 13-year-old was against the law. The court heard he found it was illegal only when he was informed by a family member.
    In other interviews with psychologists, Rashid claimed he had been taught in his school that ‘women are no more worthy than a lollipop that has been dropped on the ground’.
    When Judge Stokes said Rashid ‘must have known it was illegal, unless he was going round with his eyes shut’, defence lawyer Laban Leake said reports suggested Rashid had a ‘degree of sexual naivety’.
    ‘The school he attended, it is not going too far to say, can be described as a closed community and on this occasion this was perpetuated by his home life.

    Rashid had pre-booked a family room at the Premier Hotel in Goldsmith Street, Nottingham where he took his victim

    Sentenced: Rashid admitted at Nottingham Crown Court (pictured) that he had sex with a 13-year-old after she 'tempted' him

    ‘It is not too far to say that he may not have known that having sex with a 13-year-old girl was illegal.’ Judge Stokes sentenced Rashid to nine months youth custody, suspended for two years, along with a two-year probation supervision order.
    Describing Rashid, the judge said: ‘He’s had an unusual education, certainly in terms of the sexual education provided. Comparing women to lollipops is a very curious way of teaching young men about sex.’
    But he said that Rashid knew what he was doing was wrong.
    ‘It was made clear to you at the school you attended that having sexual relations with a woman before marriage was contrary to the precepts of Islam,’ he said.
    Addressing Rashid, the judge said: ‘I accept this was a case where the girl was quite willing to have sexual activity with you. But the law is there to protect young girls, even though they are perfectly happy to engage in sexual activity.’

    That judge should be disbarred.

    Please give the source of the article.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...x-girl-13.html


    Last edited by twitchy2.0; January 27th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,332

    Default

    So it's all the vixen-ish man eater 13 year old's fault? It's not fair that these poor naive adults should be manipulated by sophisticated underage lollipops. Throw her in gaol!

    Fuck you judge.
    Waterslide and Anoia like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  3. #3
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    But he said that Rashid knew what he was doing was wrong.
    ‘It was made clear to you at the school you attended that having sexual relations with a woman before marriage was contrary to the precepts of Islam,’ he said.
    Addressing Rashid, the judge said: ‘I accept this was a case where the girl was quite willing to have sexual activity with you. But the law is there to protect young girls, even though they are perfectly happy to engage in sexual activity.’
    What happened to ignorance not being a defense? So 13 year old girls are asking for it and the laws cater to the little vixens anyway, and because you've been raised Muslim you're suddenly above the law because you don't know any better? He's not worldly enough to understand having sex with a 13 year old is against the law, but he's worldly enough to meet the girl on facebook and meet up with her at a motel? And he knows as far as his religion is concerned that it's wrong to have sex before marriage, but did it anyway. And to top it off, the guy didn't want to have sex with the girl, she tempted him. What year is this? Seriously? This judge is for real?

    eta -
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    So it's all the vixen-ish man eater 13 year old's fault? It's not fair that these poor naive adults should be manipulated by sophisticated lollipops. Throw her in gaol!

    Fuck you judge.
    I swear I wasn't stealing your word vixen - we posted at the same time! lol
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

  4. #4
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,259

    Default

    Oh hell, if the quality of your schooling absolves you from criminal liability, I guess we'll ease that over populated prison issue we have on this side of the pond.

    This type of shit defies reason - and Joanna Lumley is getting crapped on all over the place for her comments, but this yahoo gets to go home.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  5. #5
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    This is where a woman judge was needed. Let's see that creep address her as lollipop. Judge Judy would have left him in shreds.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  6. #6
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    41,525

    Default

    The judge has no jailed him for given reasons, as he would be prayed upon & abused by much more practised abusers in prison. And before you say it, I actually think that it would be wrong to allow this, just because he did something wrong. It would (IMO) just develop him into worse crimes.
    Yesterday Judge Michael Stokes handed Rashid a suspended sentence, saying: ‘Although chronologically 18, it is quite clear from the reports that you are very naive and immature when it comes to sexual matters.’
    Earlier Nottingham Crown Court heard that such crimes usually result in a four to seven-year prison sentence.
    But the judge said that because Rashid was ‘passive’ and ‘lacking assertiveness’, sending him to jail might cause him ‘more damage than good’.

    Where as I can't say I agree that he doesn't deserve punishment a) this whole (unsourced) article is from the Daily Fail (right wing paper) so is b) determined to create the "faith hate"; however, this guy obviously opened the box himself with his statements regarding the schooling.
    But he said that Rashid knew what he was doing was wrong.
    ‘It was made clear to you at the school you attended that having sexual relations with a woman before marriage was contrary to the precepts of Islam,’ he said.
    And BANG! defence is wiped out in one go.

    Makes you wonder exactly what was said about his home life
    ‘The school he attended, it is not going too far to say, can be described as a closed community and on this occasion this was perpetuated by his home life.



    Free Charmed.

  7. #7
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,289

    Default

    I wonder what would have happened to the 13-year-old girl if this had happened in Pakistan or Yemen.
    Froogy likes this.

  8. #8
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,332

    Default

    Probably whipped, stoned or executed. If she was lucky she would be forced to marry him.
    Froogy and Sarzy like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  9. #9
    Super Moderator Tati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Your Pocket
    Posts
    17,993

    Default

    This is just sad on many levels.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

    - Kahlil Gibran

  10. #10
    Elite Member Waterslide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    out where the buses don't run
    Posts
    10,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The judge has no jailed him for given reasons, as he would be prayed upon & abused by much more practised abusers in prison. And before you say it, I actually think that it would be wrong to allow this, just because he did something wrong. It would (IMO) just develop him into worse crimes.
    Where as I can't say I agree that he doesn't deserve punishment a) this whole (unsourced) article is from the Daily Fail (right wing paper) so is b) determined to create the "faith hate"; however, this guy obviously opened the box himself with his statements regarding the schooling.
    And BANG! defence is wiped out in one go.

    Makes you wonder exactly what was said about his home life
    [/COLOR]

    [/LEFT]
    I agree, I have no doubt that this article was written to create the faith hate thing, and that was another thing that I found sick about it. It was meant to say, "Look at how weird and backwards those strange Muslims are! They rape 13 year old girls." Because Caucasian Christians never do things like that, right? The Muslim people I know would never dream of thinking this was OK. Needless to say.

    As for him going to jail, I'm less bothered by that than the comments from the judge - if it's all true? But I don't think the judge should have given leniency for the reasons given, but like you said, it's The Daily Fail. I also agree about how he knew "right from wrong" - he knew it was "wrong" to have sex before marriage, he could probably figure out the rest of it.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

    Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

  11. #11
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    13,810

    Default

    The judge is an ass for believing that crap. He should have got some jail time imo.

  12. #12
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,275

    Default

    Whatever happened to the concept of, you know, PUNISHMENT? Send him to jail and if it's a horrible experience then boo fucking hoo.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  13. #13
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    This sets a terrifying precedent. What a disgrace.

  14. #14
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I agree, I have no doubt that this article was written to create the faith hate thing, and that was another thing that I found sick about it. It was meant to say, "Look at how weird and backwards those strange Muslims are! They rape 13 year old girls." Because Caucasian Christians never do things like that, right? The Muslim people I know would never dream of thinking this was OK. Needless to say.

    As for him going to jail, I'm less bothered by that than the comments from the judge - if it's all true? But I don't think the judge should have given leniency for the reasons given, but like you said, it's The Daily Fail. I also agree about how he knew "right from wrong" - he knew it was "wrong" to have sex before marriage, he could probably figure out the rest of it.
    I didn't read the judge's comments as saying it was all the girl's fault, he just said that it's true that the girl had sex with him willingly and wasn't forced to do it, but that it's still wrong and that the law is there to protect girls that age even if they have sex because they want to.

    I'm not sure that jail would have been the right choice in this case either but I also don't think it's right to just let him go. I wonder if he was sentenced to mandatory counselling and classes to try to undo the damage from the madrassa and teach him to respect women.
    whitetigeress likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  15. #15
    Elite Member stef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    11,330

    Default

    ^^ somehow i doubt it. i'm sure his lawyer and/or parents would try to refuse counselling by saying it conflicts with his faith/religion/whatever.


    Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    What happened to ignorance not being a defense? So 13 year old girls are asking for it and the laws cater to the little vixens anyway, and because you've been raised Muslim you're suddenly above the law because you don't know any better? He's not worldly enough to understand having sex with a 13 year old is against the law, but he's worldly enough to meet the girl on facebook and meet up with her at a motel? And he knows as far as his religion is concerned that it's wrong to have sex before marriage, but did it anyway. And to top it off, the guy didn't want to have sex with the girl, she tempted him. What year is this? Seriously? This judge is for real?l
    this!
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Harry Potter dwarf spared jail over juggler's hat sex act
    By twitchy2.0 in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 30th, 2011, 03:26 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 20th, 2009, 11:18 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 29th, 2008, 08:46 PM
  4. Replies: 112
    Last Post: November 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2007, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •