Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2nd Person killed by being pushed in front of NYC Subway

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Default 2nd Person killed by being pushed in front of NYC Subway

NY Subway Pusher Kills Man - Yahoo!

NY Subway Pusher Kills Man

By KEVIN DOLAK | Good Morning America 10 hours ago

Detectives in New York are searching for a female suspect who fled a subway station after a man was fatally pushed in front of a train on an elevated platform in Queens, N.Y.
    At 8:04 p.m. on Thursday an unnamed man was standing on the northbound platform at 40th Street and Queens Blvd., waiting for the 7 train. Witnesses told police that a woman was walking back and forth on the platform and talking to herself before she took a seat on a wooden bench on the platform.
    As the 7 train approached the station, witnesses said the woman rose from the bench and pushed the man onto the tracks, who was standing with his back to her.
    Witnesses told police that the victim did not notice the woman behind him. He was struck by the first of the 11-car train, with his body pinned under the front of the second car as the train came to a stop, according to a statement from Deputy Commissioner Paul Brown.
    After pushing the man onto the platform the woman then fled down the stairs to Queens Blvd. She was described as wearing a blue, white and grey ski jacket, and grey and red Nike sneakers.
    It is unclear if the two knew each other, or whether anyone attempted to help the man to the platform before he was struck by the train.
    Overnight the NYPD released surveillance video of the woman believed to be the suspect, Detectives were also canvassing locations along Queens Blvd for other witnesses and surveillance video.
    On Friday, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg was asked whether the incident might be related to the increase of mentally ill people on the streets following closures of institutions over the past four decades.
    "The courts or the law have changed and said, no, you can't do that unless they're a danger to society; our laws protect you. That's fair enough," Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show.
    Thursday's incident marks the second straphanger death this month--a man was killed in midtown after being pushed onto the subway tracks under an oncoming train.

On Dec. 3, 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han was tossed onto the subway track at 49th Street and Seventh Avenue around 12:30 p.m. after an altercation with a man who was later identified as 30-year-old Naeem Davis. Davis has been charged with murder in Han's death and was ordered held without bail
    Damn. And the case for addressing Mental Illness continues..

Apparently, sane enough to run like hell before they could take her into custody:

MsChiff and Kat Scorp like this.

Omg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Apparently, sane enough to run like hell before they could take her into custody:

Crazy, not stupid??

Wonder if we'll find out they knew each other?

I admit I didn't expect it to be a woman who did the pushing.
    This is awful though, and why I've always been wary when on train platforms!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I admit I didn't expect it to be a woman who did the pushing.
    This is awful though, and why I've always been wary when on train platforms!
    I was surprised it was a woman, too. I probably shouldn't be, but for some reason I am.

That poor man. RIP

I always get nervous I'm going to suddenly lose my balance and fall, which is bad enough, but now worrying that people are going around shoving people, it's terrifying to think about. I hate having people too close to me, but maybe you're better off in a crowd of people. I'd rather lose my wallet or my phone, than be thrown under a train.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I was surprised it was a woman, too. I probably shouldn't be, but for some reason I am.
    It kind of reminds me - back when I was in college, I will never forget seeing some angry, crazy woman briskly walking down the sidewalk in front of Byrd Stadium. She was throwing her shoulder into literally anybody who was within a couple of feet of her as she stormed on by. People were clutching their chests and arms and looking back at her with their mouths hanging open as she blasted through them, without even looking back. I'd like to think that somebody body slammed her eventually, but she got too far ahead for me to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I always get nervous I'm going to suddenly lose my balance and fall, which is bad enough, but now worrying that people are going around shoving people, it's terrifying to think about. I hate having people too close to me, but maybe you're better off in a crowd of people. I'd rather lose my wallet or my phone, than be thrown under a train.
    When we're on the Metro in DC, we are always pulling the kids at least 10 feet back from the edge of the subway platform. Also, we're wary about whose standing around them.

fgg

i was always a bit freaked out of being pushed when i lived in NYC.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I wish the media and politicians wouldn't just say "mental illness". For example, when I get deeply stressed I hear a phantom radio playing outside the windows... but I'd never shove a person in front of a train. Even when I was falling apart at the seams, I was the most protective babysitter in the west, to my two full-time charges.

But yes, to be pushed in front of an oncoming train is awful. And as with the homeless woman (Violet?) who was burned alive on a public seat yesterday, whomever did it shouldn't just need a prescription for their "illness" - they should be locked up somewhere because they are dangerous, predatory people.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i was always a bit freaked out of being pushed when i lived in NYC.
    Me too! I only had one occurance where I had to work hard to stand away from someone who seemed threatening. In Paris it was much worse, it seemed like there were more unstable or even mentally disabled people in the metro there. I usually tried to stick to the wall and watch the whole scene around me, but even then if someone really wanted to pull you onto the track I suppose they could. What scares me is the people who look over the yellow line to watch for the train.

Woman accused of murder as a hate crime in NYC subway push death - CNN.com

New York (CNN)
    -- A 31-year-old Bronx woman has been charged with second-degree murder as a hate crime in the death of a man shoved in front of a subway train, Queens prosecutors said Saturday.District Attorney Richard A. Brown identified the woman as Erika Menendez. She was awaiting arraignment."(She) said in sum and substance 'I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up,'" the prosecutor said in a statement.The victim, Sunando Sen, grew up in a Hindu family, his roommate said.Witnesses said a woman paced the platform and talked to herself Thursday evening shortly before pushing the man as the 11-car train entered the station. The 46-year-old man's body was pinned under the second car after it came to a stop.The woman made "statements implicating herself in the death of Sunando Sen," Paul Browne, the New York Police Department's chief spokesman, said earlier. Security video showed a person running from the scene.Menendez was identified Saturday afternoon in a lineup, Browne said. She was recognized earlier in the day on a street in Brooklyn by a passer-by who called 911, the police spokesman said. The caller said she resembled the woman in the video."The defendant is accused of committing what is every subway commuter's worst nightmare -- being suddenly and senselessly pushed into the path of an oncoming train," said Brown, the district attorney. "The victim was allegedly shoved from behind and had no chance to defend himself. Beyond that, the hateful remarks allegedly made by the defendant and which precipitated the defendant's actions can never be tolerated by a civilized society."It was not clear Saturday evening whether Menendez had obtained an attorney.Sen, of Queens, owned a shop called New Amsterdam Copies and was a graphic designer for posters, said roommate Ar Suman.In early December, Ki-Suck Han, 58, was shoved onto the tracks in a Times Square station as a train approached.Naeem Davis, 30, a homeless man, has been charged with second-degree murder in that case.
    Well she's definitely nuts..but I don't if she's certifiably insane. WTF??

She was recognized earlier in the day on a street in Brooklyn by a passer-by who called 911, the police spokesman said. The caller said she resembled the woman in the video.
    Wow, I couldn't even tell if the woman was over-, under-, or at a healthy weight in that video; shocked that someone could make out facial features.

Nuts, but not "mental illness" crazy... just an arsehole.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

I think this women is severely mentally ill.

shes freaking ill but poor guy his life ended tht way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information