Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, takes own life

Default Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, takes own life

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills his girlfriend before committing suicide at Arrowhead Stadium: police

Belcher, 25, a former Long Island high school star, pumped a bullet into his head as Coach Romeo Crennel and General Manager Scott Pioli watched helplessly from a few feet away, said Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp.

According to police, Kansas City Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher committed suicide Saturday morning at Arrowhead Stadium after killing his 22-year-old girlfriend.

WESLEY HITT/GETTY IMAGES

Jovan Belcher

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher, a former Long Island high school star, gunned down his girlfriend Saturday before committing suicide at Arrowhead Stadium, police said.

Belcher, 25, pumped a bullet into his head as Coach Romeo Crennel and General Manager Scott Pioli watched helplessly from a few feet away, said Kansas City police spokesman Darin Snapp.

"They said the player was actually thanking them for everything they'd done for him," said Snapp. "They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything.

"That's when he walked away and shot himself."
    RELATED: BELCHER WAS GIFTED ATHLETE, LEADER FROM LONG ISLAND

Only minutes earlier, the overachieving defensive starter repeatedly shot his 22-year-old girlfriend in front of her horrified mother, the Kansas City Star reported.

The distraught mom called Kansas City police to report the brutal slaying inside the home about five miles from Arrowhead, where the Chiefs play their home games.

"She identified him as a Chiefs' player," Snapp said.

A second call came into police about the same time from the Chiefs' practice facility at the stadium, said Snapp.

When police arrived around 8 a.m., they spotted the four-year pro holding a handgun to his head and speaking with Crennel and Piolo, Snapp said.

After the gunshot, officials placed the stadium on lockdown. The Chiefs officials told police they never felt threatened, and that Belcher expressed his gratitude to the pair who took a chance on the undrafted, undersized linebacker.
    FACEBOOK

Images taken over Thanksgiving of Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, Kasandra Michelle Perkins, whom Belcher shot and killed Saturday before killing himself at the practice facility of the Kansas City Chiefs.

JEFF TUTTLE/AP

Belcher sacks Ravens QB Joe Flacco during 2011 AFC wild card game in Kansas City.

Crennel was a longtime assistant coach for the Giants under Bill Parcells — who is also Pioli's father-in-law. A third Chiefs employee witnessed the early morning suicide, cops said.

Belcher and his slain girlfriend had a 3-month-old daughter. The pair were arguing before Belcher went into his deadly rampage, and were going through a rough stretch, police said.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with the authorities in their investigation."

Belcher was an All-Suffolk County player at West Babylon High School, where he played linebacker, defensive line, offensive tackle and fullback.

The 6-foot-2, 228-pounder led the squad to an undefeated season as a senior.

He was also an outstanding wrestler, but pursued his football career at University of Maine. After winning recognition as the Colonial Athletic Association's defensive player of the year, the undrafted free agent signed with the Chiefs in 2009.

Belcher was a special teams ace as a rookie, notching a team-high 17 tackles, before moving into the starting lineup a year later.

Belcher started 10 of the Chiefs' 11 games this season — coming off the bench for the first time last week in a l7-9 loss to the Broncos.

His West Babylon neighbors were in shock as news of the horrific killings spread Saturday around his hometown.

About 20 people, many hugging and crying, were gathered outside the gray clapboard house where Belcher once lived.

"That happened in Missouri. We're in West Babylon. We're waiting to hear news, that's it," said Long Island neighbor Corey Jordan.

The Chiefs are slated to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday in the stadium near the spot of the suicide. The NFL said the game would go on as scheduled.

"Prayers go out to the KC Chiefs community and families after this morning's tragic incident," tweeted Giants defensive end Justin Tuck.

Read more: Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills his girlfriend before committing suicide at Arrowhead Stadium: police - NY Daily News

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Good lord how horrible
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Just horrible. Not only for the dead, but for that poor baby and those who had to witness this.

That's horrible all the way around, but that poor woman's mother having to see her child shot to death? Good night.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Jesus Christ, that's horrible for all involved.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

My aunt called to tell me about this earlier. Just a horrible situation for the families. I love that pic of him sacking the shit out of Flacco.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    My aunt called to tell me about this earlier. Just a horrible situation for the families. I love that pic of him sacking the shit out of Flacco.
    That sack was probably the highlight of their season.

Very sorry for all involved.

All kinds of fucked up. I can't imagine watching one of your players, maybe he's even a friend, blow his brains out while you're standing there watching helplessly either. Be careful who you get involved with.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

This one really!!!!!! bothers me !!!

Why do these things have to happen??????

I dont understand
    Last edited by Esco; December 2nd, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Esco - you might want to edit your original posts instead of posting 3 consecutive times.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

This is so sad. I wonder what could have been so horrible in his life to prompt this. Glad he didn't kill his baby.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Horrible. If you're going to do something like that, why do you have to drag witnesses into it? You know those people will be haunted by that for the rest of their lives.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

He must have just flat gone bonkers. That poor baby! No Mother,father gone batty. Raised by relatives that will love her,but there will always be a deep void. There is no silver lining to this cloud.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Whoa. That's sick and sad.

I wonder what was so bad that he felt the need to do this, and just having had a 3-month-old kid.

Maybe it was a fight gone out of control, he killed the girlfriend and he couldn't handle the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That's horrible all the way around, but that poor woman's mother having to see her child shot to death? Good night.
    Updated reports are saying it was his mother but identified herself as the girl friend's mother as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information