Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ohio Man Jailed for Mocking 10-Year-Old Girl with Cerebral Palsy

Default Ohio Man Jailed for Mocking 10-Year-Old Girl with Cerebral Palsy

Father and Son Allegedly Caught on Tape Bullying 10-Year-Old Girl With Cerebral Palsy

This story is truly horrifying.

The parents of 10-year-old Hope Holcomb, an Ohio girl who suffers from cerebral palsy, say that she has been cruelly bullied by a neighborhood child and his father!

In an incident caught on tape, the father and son are seen apparently imitating Holcomb’s limp as they walk from the school bus. According to Holcomb’s parents, the two did this every day. Hope says she pleaded with them to stop, saying, “Try to be nice.”

“It makes me sick to think that grown man would tease a 10-year-old disabled girl that has never done a thing,” Hope’s father said.Vickie Bailey, the wife and mother of the alleged bullies, said, “It was no offense to Hope, so why they’re taking it as that, I have no idea.”

The father seen in the video mocking the girl, William Bailey, had a less than honorable defense for his actions:

Follow Fox News Insider, the official blog of Fox News Channel on Twitter and Google+!

Posted in: Bully, Caught on Tape, Cerebral Palsy, Father-Son Bullies, Hope Holcomb, Ohio
    Father and Son Allegedly Caught on Tape Bullying 10-Year-Old Girl With Cerebral Palsy | Fox News Insider

William Bailey, Ohio Man Who Mocked Girl With Cerebral Palsy, Gets Jail Time
    You may recall seeing video of a father and son imitating a 10-year-old girl’s limp as she walked from the school bus. Hope Holcomb has cerebral palsy and was apparently taunted by this man and his son several times. Holcomb’s grandmother caught the appalling incident on tape and now, William Bailey, the father in the video, will face jail time as a result.

Bailey claimed that he wasn’t mocking her at all but was reacting to his son being teased. He later changed his story and said he was walking with a limp because he hurt his ribs and back at work.

The Holcomb family wasn’t buying his story and took the tape to authorities. Bailey pleaded no contest but the Ohio judge gave him the maximum sentence which is 30 days in jail.

In a statement afterward, Bailey said, “To Hope and her family, please accept my apology for my inappropriate behavior. I know that my actions were immature and lacked the respect you deserve. I didn’t realize the impact this incident would have upon both of our families and I truly regret it.”

Posted in: Bully, Caught on Tape, Cerebral Palsy, Father-Son Bullies, Hope Holcomb, Jail, Ohio, William Bailey
    William Bailey, Ohio Man Who Mocked Girl With Cerebral Palsy, Gets Jail Time | Fox News Insider

There's actual video at the first link.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Vernon Dursley lookalike - Guilty!

It was no offense to Hope, so why they’re taking it as that, I have no idea.
    Do people just have no idea of what "no offense" actually means?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

It's one of those things you say so you won't get in trouble! Like "with all due respect" or "I'm not racist, but..."

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

People like to think using the term "no offense" is some kind of preemptive excuse that allows them to get away with saying or doing anything they want. I honestly don't think they have any idea what it really means. Edit - Also, what twitchy said (I type too slow LOL).

I'm surprised this guy got jail time. I also feel like his apology was half-assed.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

"I'm just sayin'...."
    "No offense but....."
    "You'll probably take this the wrong way, but....."
    "Okay, let's say one thing that we don't like about each other, but stop as soon as we start fighting over the horrible thing I said about you.."
    "I know this makes me 'the bad guy' but......"
    "There's something I want to tell you. But you'll get all sensitive, so I won't say it. What? Are you sure you want to hear it anyway? Okay......."
    "Can I tell you something terrible that our mutual friend said about you behind your back, and who will deny it, so don't even try to verify it with him....."

Mohandas I am disappointed in you...how could you leave out "I apologize if..."?
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Some of my best friends are gay, but...

--

What was this asshole charged with?
    Last edited by Ravenna; November 29th, 2012 at 03:18 PM.

Ok guy's a true asshole and I would happily look the other way if he got a beat down but how can someone seriously get jailtime for mocking a disabled kid? What was the real charge? You can't go to jail simply for being an asshole, there's gotta be some kind of assault or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Ok guy's a true asshole and I would happily look the other way if he got a beat down but how can someone seriously get jailtime for mocking a disabled kid? What was the real charge? You can't go to jail simply for being an asshole, there's gotta be some kind of assault or something else.
    From another news site:

"William plead no contest to reduced misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and aggravated menacing."

Ah, ok I could go for that technicality.

The system had to do something to that guy. Otherwise someone was going to punch that motherfucker in the head at best, or shoot him in the ass at worst, and then the police and court system have a much bigger problem to deal with.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

He's a world class asshole, I'd like to kick his ass myself. And yet, the state doing this really disturbs me.

ETA- ok, the menacing charge was for threatening to choke the kid's mom, so I'm cool with it.
    Ravenna likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I thought I posted the article that had the charges listed (duh! I didn't). I'm still surprised you can go to jail for being an grade-A asshole. Aggravated menacing sounds like there should be an undercurrent of threat in the behavior?
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I thought I posted the article that had the charges listed (duh! I didn't). I'm still surprised you can go to jail for being an grade-A asshole. Aggravated menacing sounds like there should be an undercurrent of threat in the behavior?
    In the US, you can be charged with making a threat to physically harm someone - especially, if the victim reasonably believes the other person will carry out the threat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information