Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Iowa teacher’s aide fired for hiding her role in 1965 torture death of teen girl

Default Iowa teacher’s aide fired for hiding her role in 1965 torture death of teen girl

Iowa teacher’s aide fired for leaving a detail off her resume — her role in the 1965 torture death of a teen girl

Paula Pace’s victim died from a brain hemorrhage and extreme malnutrition. School board boots her following emergency meeting after they learn shocking details of manslaughter conviction.

AP

Paula Pace was fired from her job as a teacher’s aide at a central Iowa high school after her former life as Paula Banizewski came to light. As a teenager, she pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the 1965 death of a 16-year-old girl who was beaten, tortured and locked in a basement until she died.

A teacher’s aide in central Iowa was fired after the school board learned that she was involved in the horrifying torture killing of a teenage girl decades ago.

Paula Pace was “a sweet lady” who “helped out any student she could” at BCLUW High School in Conrad, former student Thaddeus Lawler told the Des Moines Register.

But before she was Paula Pace, she was Paula Baniszewski. She spent two years in prison after pleading guilty to manslaughter for the 1965 murder of 16-year-old Sylvia Likens.

An anonymous tipster informed the BCLUW School District about Pace’s previous life last week, and she was fired Tuesday night after an emergency board meeting.

Superintendent Ben Petty would only say that Pace, 64, lied on her resume when she applied to work for the district 14 years ago.

Sylvia Likens and her sister Jenny were put in the care of Pace’s mother, Gertrude Baniszewski, in 1965 while her parents traveled with a carnival running a concession cart.

Baniszewski was already caring for her seven children, including 17-year-old Paula, at her home near Indianapolis.

She started physically abusing the girls when a payment for taking care of them showed up late, according to the Register.

The abuse escalated to Sylvia being paddled, burned with matches and forced into a tub of scalding hot water to “cleanse her sins.”

Paula would help to discipline the girl and her sister when her mother was too weak from asthma.

Baniszewski invited neighborhood kids to come to the house to beat Sylvia, and forced the teen girl to perform sex acts in front of them.

Sylvia was eventually forced to live in the basement of Baniszewski’s home, living only on crackers. She died on Oct. 26, 1965 from a combination of brain hemorrhaging, shock and extreme malnutrition.

Baniszewski was convicted of first-degree murder. Paula was convicted of second-degree murder, but got a retrial and pleaded guilty to manslaughter. She spent two years behind bars.

After she was freed, she changed her name to Paula Pace and moved to Iowa.

Forrest Bowman Jr., the attorney who represented Baniszewski’s brother John who was also charged, told the Register it was “very sad” that Pace was fired from her job, saying what she did as a teenager shouldn’t have repercussions nearly 50 years later.

“The issue, I suppose, should be: Has she been doing an adequate job?” he said.

Read more: Iowa teacher
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

OMFG, this is that movie An American Crime that Ellen Page starred in!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

And she posts on Websleuths?
    Free Charmed.

Poor Sylvia. It is a horrible story and hard to watch the movie.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I find it interesting that she was able to change her name with a criminal background. I am also from Iowa and legally changed my name and had to jump through hoops to get it done.

If that movie depicts a fraction of what really happened to that poor girl, they all should be rotting in prison to this day.

This was big news here in Iowa, yesterday. A co-worker of mine says they did a movie about it called, The Girl Next Door, and it is very graphic and hard to watch. She said she never made it all the way through the whole movie.

This woman should have never been allowed around kids. Hard to believe she worked at this school for over 14 years and was soon to retire from there.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    As I was reading this, I remembered starting to watch this movie, because a friend recommended it, and getting into a fight with the mr because he HATES these kind of movies and refused to finish watching it. How fucking weird is this?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I wonder who outed her.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I was reading this and thought, "I swear I saw this on TV somewhere." It was a very disturbing movie.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I didnt know about a movie, but I'm addicted as hell to Crimelibrary.com & was literally reading about this case earlier this week! Fucking weird...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

People change. Esp. someone who committed the crime so young and considering what her own home life must have been like.

Not saying that the woman was justified in lying in her application and that she should have been working with kids. It's just that she was released 45 years ago, that's a lifetime in which I presume she did not lock and starve any teens in her basement.
    dilligaf and calcifer like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I know about it from ID. I'm an ID addict. Gertrude was featured on the Deadly Women series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I find it interesting that she was able to change her name with a criminal background. I am also from Iowa and legally changed my name and had to jump through hoops to get it done.

If that movie depicts a fraction of what really happened to that poor girl, they all should be rotting in prison to this day.
    Every story about this particular crime sticks to the basics of abuse, starvation, degradation, etc. It was tragic beyond belief. The parents worked in a carnival and were paying Gertrude to take care of their two daughters. The victim's sister was there to witness all of the things that happened to her sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    I didnt know about a movie, but I'm addicted as hell to Crimelibrary.com & was literally reading about this case earlier this week! Fucking weird...
    Right? I am blocked from Crimelibrary at work and it sucks! I have to have my Investigation Discovery channel (ID) at home or I'd miss it too much!
    Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    People change. Esp. someone who committed the crime so young and considering what her own home life must have been like.

Not saying that the woman was justified in lying in her application and that she should have been working with kids. It's just that she was released 45 years ago, that's a lifetime in which I presume she did not lock and starve any teens in her basement.
    She shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR a child. Not ever. I can't imagine finding out that someone like this was in the same school as my child - even as a janitor. That probably makes me an asshole, but I'm ok with that.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Paula enjoyed what she did to Sylvia. She shouldn't have been allowed to have children of her own much less be around other peoples' kids. Her mother didn't put a gun to her head and make her torture anyone.
    Froogy likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I know about it from ID. I'm an ID addict. Gertrude was featured on the Deadly Women series.

Every story about this particular crime sticks to the basics of abuse, starvation, degradation, etc. It was tragic beyond belief. The parents worked in a carnival and were paying Gertrude to take care of their two daughters. The victim's sister was there to witness all of the things that happened to her sister.

Right? I am blocked from Crimelibrary at work and it sucks! I have to have my Investigation Discovery channel (ID) at home or I'd miss it too much!

She shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR a child. Not ever. I can't imagine finding out that someone like this was in the same school as my child - even as a janitor. That probably makes me an asshole, but I'm ok with that.
    Geeze, I'm ADDICTED to ID too... hadnt seen this episode though. NetFlix has a lot of ID programs on it, so I'll check it out. Seriously the only reason I pay $130 a month for "cable" is for ID & Bridezillas...

Paula, if I'm not mistaken was PREGNANT when she was torturing Sylvia, claiming it was Sylvia who was "unclean" "whore" "prostitute".... This article shows NOTHING of the actual torture Sylvia had
    Gerty kicked Sylvia so hard in the groin it damaged her... Autopsy actually said she was most likely still a VIRGIN but the damage to her groin area was so horrible she wouldnt have been able to conceive. HOW THE FUCK DOES SOMEONE DO THAT?!?

And, you know what, Sylvia & Jenny's parents don't get a pass either. Fucking worthless carnies. Leave 2 of their kids with someone they really don't know (has 7 damn kids & 3 spoons in the whole fucking house?!?). It took MONTHS for Sylvia's torture... her parents never fucking cared. If anything, her older sister TRIED to see them. Fuck those awful parents... this was in the 60's, not the 1880s... the public should have beaten them for being shitholes.

And Paula... no. She shouldnt have kids or be around them. I don't care how "nice" she is now. Her ass should have died in prison... or a basement. Like Sylvia.
    Butterfly likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

As soon as I saw the name "Sylvia Likens" I knew exactly who this bitch was. I read a book on this case (The Basement) years ago and it's one that stays with you. This was a family of fucking sadistic animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And she posts on Websleuths?
    Huh?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information