Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ConstanceSpry

Thread: Boy Set on Fire Names His Attacker in Deathbed Video

Default Boy Set on Fire Names His Attacker in Deathbed Video

Robbie Middleton was doused in gasoline and set on fire at the age of 8.
    On Robbie Middleton's eighth birthday in 1998, he was covered in gasoline and set on fire.

Thirteen years later, shortly before dying of complications from the burns, Middleton recorded a video where he not only named his alleged attacker, but also accused the attacker of raping him two weeks before the incident, the Houston Chronicle reports. The video was the first time Middleton mentioned the rape publicly.
    Last month, the family's lawyer, David Walker, filed murder charges against 27-year-old Don Collins. The sexual assault allegations have allowed Walker to file the charges as a felony murder, which requires that the murder occurred in conjunction with another offense, according to the Chronicle.

Collins was 13 years old when he allegedly tied the 8-year-old to a tree, threw a cup of gasoline in his face, and lit him on fire. The attack occurred on a forest path near the boys' homes in Splendora, Texas, while Middleton was walking to a friend's house, the LA Times reports.
    Middleton was left with blackened skin and burned-off eyelids, and needed over 200 operations and extensive physical therapy to repair the damage done by the flames.

Middleton ultimately died in April 2011, at age 20, of a type of cancer that can only occur as a result of complications from skin grafts for third-degree burns, according to the Daily Mail. His death was ruled a homicide.
    Though Collins was detained in connection with the assault, he was later released. Montgomery County Attorney David Walker told the LA Times that Collins was not initially charged because evidence "was not clear or necessarily compelling at that time.

In addition, Middleton's crippling injuries severely limited his abilities to explain what had happened to him. Walker says that was exactly Collin's intention.
    The boy's parents were awarded $150 billion in a civil lawsuit against Collins in December 2011, while Collins was serving prison time for failing to register as a sex offender. He had been convicted in 2001 of sexually assaulting a child in a case unrelated to Middleton.
    The award was largely symbolic and the parents don't expect to ever see any money. According to the Schulenberg Sticker, the family hoped the verdict would pressure the county into prosecuting Collins for murder.
    When Collins was released from prison in September, Walker filed murder charges against him, charging him as an adult, rather than a juvenile.

Robbie Middleton, Boy Set On Fire, Said In Deathbed Video Don Collins Raped Him Before Attack

How incredibly horrific. Thirteen years of pain caused by one budding psychopath.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Horrendous is all I can think to say. RIP Robbie.

Amen. RIP little dude. It would have been better for Robbie (IMO) to admit who did it and why before now so that the little bastard who did it could have been rotting for the last 13 years.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

This is just horrible, the anguish this boy had to deal with, and his family, heartbreaking.

How can someone be so twisted at 13?

The attacker does look like a sick fuck:
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

^He reminds me a bit of a fugger River Phoenix. It's the eyes I think.

What an incredibly sad story. That poor child. RIP. This psycho better never see the light of day again.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Some people just need killing.
    McJag and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information