Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Laurent
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Manson follower Bruce Davis paroled

Default Manson follower Bruce Davis paroled

L.A. NOW

Manson follower Bruce Davis gets parole; prosecutors dismayed
    October 5, 2012 | 6:14 am

A state prisons panel granted parole to a notorious killer described as a “right-hand man” to Charles Manson, but there was already a growing movement to keep him in prison.

It will be ultimately up to Gov. Jerry Brown to determine whether Bruce Davis, 69, walks out of California Men's Colony in San Luis Obispo after spending more than four decades behind bars. Brown has 120 days to review the case.

Saying he “would pose an unreasonable risk of danger to society,” then-Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger blocked a 2010 recommendation to parole Davis.

Brown had no immediate comment Thursday on whether he would prevent Davis’ release or let the decision stand.

But Manson family prosecutor Stephen Kay said he was alarmed at the prospect of Davis’ release.

“Would you want to wake up and find Bruce Davis next door?" Kay asked. “I think not.”

Kay said Davis should die in prison.

"We certainly disagree with the board's decision," Los Angeles County district attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons told the Associated Press. "We will evaluate how we plan to proceed as the matter goes to Gov. Brown."

In a news release, state prison officials said the panel agreed to recommend parole for Davis because of his “positive adjustment, record of no recent disciplinary problems, and for successfully completing academic and vocational education and self-help programs.”

Davis did not participate in the 1969 Manson family murders of actress Sharon Tate and six others.

He was convicted in the slayings of Gary Hinman, an aspiring musician, and Donald “Shorty” Shea, a stuntman and a ranch hand at the Chatsworth ranch where Manson and his followers lived.

Police found a Black Panther symbol at the Hinman murder scene, which prosecutors later said was an attempt to incite a race war, which the Manson family called “Helter Skelter.”

Michael Beckman, Davis' attorney, told the Associated Press he was “pleased and relieved” by the parole board's decision, adding he hoped “Bruce's ordeal will be over.”

During his time in prison, Davis became an ordained minister and earned master's degrees in philosophy and religion via a correspondence program. Beckman said his client acknowledged he shared responsibility for the Hinman and Shea murders.

Manson follower Bruce Davis gets parole; prosecutors dismayed - latimes.com)
    I can NOT fucking believe this. Seriously?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

During his time in prison, Davis became an ordained minister and earned master's degrees in philosophy and religion via a correspondence program. Beckman said his client acknowledged he shared responsibility for the Hinman and Shea murders.
    He shared responsibility? Shared it with who? He's the one who killed the men, he should take FULL responsibility. And who gives a crap what degrees he earned while in prison. It doesn't make him a good/changed person. It makes him an inmate who had lots of time on his hands so he decided to study and find Jesus. BFD.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Read about this last night. I guess since he wasn't involved in Tate/LaBianca it is okay to parole him. WTF?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Michael Beckman, Davis' attorney, told the Associated Press he was “pleased and relieved” by the parole board's decision, adding he hoped “Bruce's ordeal will be over.”
    "Bruce's ordeal." Give me a fucking break. Like it was all just a big misunderstanding and poor Bruce got a raw deal.
    holly and Kat Scorp like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

He would have been paroled ages ago, except for his link to Manson.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    this. his crimes weren't necessarily more heinous than that of other paroled convicts, just more high profile.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    And for his performance in "Summer of My German Soldier".

^^*snort* Yeah, he was so cute in that!

Seriously, this is fascinating. I know a guy who believes Davis/Manson may be behind some or all of the Zodiac activity. I doubt that, but you can bet this news is freaking out a lot of people.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Thread Information