Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Man Convicted of Raping Disabled Woman Goes Free Because She Didn't 'Fight Back'

Default Man Convicted of Raping Disabled Woman Goes Free Because She Didn't 'Fight Back'

Today's story takes the award for the most horrifically sexist and outrageous news of the week -- possibly of all time? A Connecticut man by the name of Richard Fourtin, Jr. (remember that name, ladies) has had his conviction for raping a handicapped woman overturned by the state Supreme Court. Why, you say? Was it because they found DNA evidence that exonerated him? Did the woman recant her testimony that she was raped? Why, no. It was because the court decided that the woman didn't resist her attacker. Never mind that the woman has cerebral palsy so severe that she reportedly can only communicate with her index finger. Never mind that she is said to have the mind of a 3-year-old. Never mind all that. She didn't fight back, so the guy is free.
    Fourtin was convicted in 2008 of sexually assaulting the 26-year-old woman, whose mother he was dating (!!!). He was sentenced to six years in prison. But the recent ruling said that it wasn't clear that the victim couldn't have resisted him.
    Defense lawyers argued that the victim could have fought back by biting, scratching, or kicking Fourtin. The woman reportedly has very limited physical capabilities, and in court could only communicate by using one hand to push the other hand to 'yes' or 'no' written on a piece of paper.

Yet the court ruled that "no reasonable jury could have concluded that she was physically helpless as defined (by law)."
    This woman has the reasoning abilities of a 3-year-old. One neighbor even said the woman is "like a child." Yet she was supposed to fight back more?? When did the definition of consent become that a woman didn't bite or kick or scratch?!
    If you're a man and you're going to have sex with a woman who can't speak, who can't say yes or no, and who can barely move, how do you know she wants sex??? Simple answer: You don't. Obviously this disgusting "man" didn't care.

What do you think of this ruling?

Man Convicted of Raping Disabled Woman Goes Free Because She Didn't 'Fight Back' (VIDEO) | The Stir

This has to be a fucking joke.
    Jazzy likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

WHat the fuck?! This makes so angry. Fuck this guy, I hope he gets hit by a fucking truck and the judge too.

This is like that legitimate rape bullshit, now its if you don't fight back enough it wasn't a real rape and you obviously enjoyed it - if a rapist already has you in a vulnerable position perhaps with a knife at your throat or something, sometimes you are more likely to survive if you DON'T fight back, but I guess then it's not rape with that knife to your throat. Seriously wtf is going on lately, it's so backwards. Aren't there consent laws in America? Like if you're black out drunk, underage, or severely disabled, you can't give consent so it's always rape?
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

So glad I'm not a female living in 2012 America right now... the terrorists were less of a threat to your safety than your own courts right now.
    Kittylady and SuriCruise like this.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Sickening. Apparently sexual assaults of handicapped individuals are more common than you think. We have family friends with a teenaged daughter who is beautiful but pretty severely intellectually disabled. By looking at her, you would not know about her intellectual limitations. Her parents have mentioned multiple times are afraid they are that she will be sexually assaulted by someone taking advantage of her condition, and unable to report it.

I just can't even.... This is unbelieveable.. I am so angry that shit like this happens.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This is too fucked up! So not being able to say no or fight back qualifies you to be a rape victim? I can't even put into words how supremely pissed I am right now.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

so, it's like open season on quadriplegics, right?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I can only hope that this doesn't open new doors for child rapists' defense lawyers.

Silver Member
    The First Presleytarian Church Of Elvis The Divine

This is sickening!! Was the judge Todd Akin??
    How You Durrin ?

Fucking disgusting

What the fuck is happening to this country? We're going backwards at light fucking speed.

Unbelievable. The idiots on the court must be related to Todd "Victims of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant" Akin.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Silver Member

Someone should roofie the judge and do the same thing to him.

I hope he meets with an unfortunate accident. And if she was my family member he would run smack into a bullet.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information