Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Brit Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail for Accidentally Sexting Two Teenage Girls

Default Brit Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail for Accidentally Sexting Two Teenage Girls

A 24-year-old swimming instructor from Birmingham will be branded a sex offender for life after he inadvertently sent a sext meant for his partner to his entire BlackBerry contact list.

Craig Evans had just finished typing out a solicitation for "skin on skin" sex with his unnamed girlfriend, when "a slip of the fingers" caused the message to be sent to everyone he knows including two girls aged 13 and 14 who were in his swim class.

This landed Evans in Birmingham Crown Court, where he was convicted of "causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity" and sentenced to 18 months behind bars.

It took some time, but Evans' attorneys finally managed to convince the Court of Appeal in London that their client wasn't targeting the teen girls when he sent out the sext.

Unfortunately, while Lord Justice Elias acknowledged that Evans was "evidently misguided in the use of his BlackBerry," he refused to erase the stain from his record completely, instead slapping him with a nine-month suspended sentence and a spot on the sex offenders list.

And all because, as one Daily Mail reader put it, "he's got sausage fingers." Sexters beware.

Brit Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail for Accidentally Sexting Two Teenage Girls
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That's ridiculous.

There was just no common sense used in making this decision. Sometimes an accident is just an accident.
    greysfang and Ravenna like this.

Unfortunately, while Lord Justice Elias acknowledged that Evans was "evidently misguided in the use of his BlackBerry," he refused to erase the stain from his record completely, instead slapping him with a nine-month suspended sentence and a spot on the sex offenders list.
    I know I've said this before, but putting someone like this -- who made an inadvertent and really stupid mistake -- on the sex offenders list (especially for life), basically is negating the actual usefulness of the list by filling it up with people who are no actual threat to the population at large.
    Laurent, Mercer and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I know I've said this before, but putting someone like this -- who made an inadvertent and really stupid mistake -- on the sex offenders list (especially for life), basically is negating the actual usefulness of the list by filling it up with people who are no actual threat to the population at large.
    It's insane!! I know I've posted this before, but there is a guy out here that is a registered sex offender for life for indecent exposure. He was drunk and took a piss outside. Indecent exposure for something like that is ridiculous enough, but to make the guy a sex offender is beyond ridiculous.

Fucking ludicrous, I hope this guy appeals and appeals until somebody sees sense. Poor man, that sort of thing can ruin a persons life.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

It just makes no sense. This judge was too strict, and yet there seem to be so many judges here who are ridiculously lenient on actual child abusers.

My headache just got worse. Thanks a lot, Lord Eliass.

Poor deal-breaking-fingered bastard. This is grossly unfair.
    Mercer likes this.

Does anyone here use a Blackberry? I don't and am wondering just how hard/easy is it to make his same mistake?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Just asked roomie as he has a Blackberry and he says it would be hard to manage unless the guy had had somehow set everyone into something like a BBM group contact list rather than individual entries in his phone book and messaged the whole lot of them rather than the individual woman.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

fgg

so maybe he is a perv!

as the story stands, this is just beyond ridiculous. i feel bad for this guy.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It says in this article that the message was also sent to several members of his own family. I doubt he would purposefully do that to cover up trying to perv on two teenagers over the phone.

So I guess America isn't the only place with stupidity.
    Mercer likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

And yet Pete Doherty has walked out of court a free man 317 times...

I know a kid who was 15 years old when he mooned the fans at a football game in my hometown. He was arrested for indencent exposure and labeled a sex offender because there were small children in the stands. The local judge actually sent him to a sex offenders treatment program...seriously! What could he possibly learn at a sex offenders treatment program? Well, he was molested there by an older boy who raped him while he was sleeping in his room. Thanks, Judge, for that life sentence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information