Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Child Murderer Susan Smith Almost Killed Herself, Says Ex-Inmate

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Child Murderer Susan Smith Almost Killed Herself, Says Ex-Inmate

Susan Smith, the South Carolina woman who horrified the nation in 1994 by drowning her two young sons, nearly killed herself in a cutting incident as she serves her life sentence in her 1995 double murder conviction.

Stephanie Hulsey, a 32-year-old woman who crossed paths with Smith at South Carolina's Leath Correctional Institution, told the National Enquirer that Smith "has terrible raised scars on her wrists, maybe 15 of them, some three inches long."

Stephanie, who was released from the prison August 31, recalled the nightmarish time in which the 40-year-old Smith, awaiting solitary confinement for having prescription pills, was "sitting on the floor and slashing deeply at her wrists with a razor she snuck in with her.

"There was blood behind spurting everywhere and she was weeping, but she wasn’t crying out in pain," Stephanie said. "She used to say, ‘You don’t feel pain when you cut. Cutting takes all the pain away.’"

Stephanie said she and a fellow inmate summoned authorities, who saved the convicted murderer's life. She said Smith never verbally acknowledged the incident to her, but deposited $150 in her prison account as a thankful gesture.

Behind bars, the once-svelte Smith, who has plumped up to 180 pounds, is in a romantic relationship with a convicted bank robber who's also serving a life sentence.

“Her lover is a big woman who looks like a man," Stephanie said, adding Smith also has an ongoing correspondence with a man she met online, who has often played her benefactor.

“Over the years, he’s sent her thousands of dollars," Stephanie said, noting the man "paid a $1,500 bill for her hospital stay after the cutting incident."

Smith -- who initially claimed an African American man was responsible for kidnapping her late sons Michael, 3, and Alex, 14 months -- is not eligible for parole until 2024.

For more details, pick up the latest issue of the National Enquirer, on newsstands Thursday.
    Child Murderer Susan Smith Almost Killed Herself, Says Ex-Inmate | Radar Online

Good, I'm glad she's miserable as fuck.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Try harder, Susan.
    hustle4alivin, mjw, holly and 3 others like this.

I wish she had killed herself and let those tiny boys alone.
    holly and I'mNotBitter like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I hope she is being tormented by the ghosts of her murdered children. May she never know a moment's peace.
    Icepik likes this.

almost: such a disappointing and sad word... this bitch needs to suffer
    holly likes this.

Try harder you fucking pig.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Sorry she missed. We should send her something that might be more effective.
    holly likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Killing yourself. You are doing it wrong.
    holly likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

yea like where are the sheets??

I still want five fucking minutes alone with this whore
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Bitch makes me sick. It sickens me that she has a lover, this bitch should know no pleasure, ever. Next time try harder; up the street, not across.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I'm glad she didn't succeed. This cunt needs to spend her miserable life behind bars.

She may be gettin' diddled, but prison can't be fun. She needs to remember those kids every day.

Susan Smith who murdered her sons tries to explain herself on 20th anniversary | Daily Mail Online
    july 22, 2015

'I am not the monster society thinks I am': Child killer Susan Smith who murdered her young sons and feigned their kidnap by a black man tries to explain herself on 20th anniversary of her life sentence

• Smith, 43, from a South Carolina prison, says she wasn't in her right mind when she left her sons in their car seats as they rolled into a lake
    • Smith was convicted of killing 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex in July 1995 and sentenced to life in prison
    • She struck out at years of reports she killed the kids to try to win back her lover, saying 'that is so far from the truth'

Susan Smith is pleading for sympathy 20 years after she stunned America by confessing she drowned her two boys in a lake before telling the world they'd been kidnapped by an imaginary black man.
    Smith, now aged 43 and whiling her days away in a South Carolina prison, recently told a local reporter she wasn't in her right mind when she left her sons strapped in their car seats as she rolled her car into a Union County lake.
    'Mr. Cahill, I am not the monster society thinks I am. I am far from it,' she wrote in a letter to The State's Harrison Cahill.

Not a monster? Smith, now 43, recently said from a South Carolina prison that she wasn't in her right mind when she left her sons in their car seats as they rolled into a lake. At right, she's seen in 1995

Smith claims she never planned on killing 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex and had originally intended to end her own life.
    'I had planned to kill myself first and leave a note behind telling what had happened,' Smith said. 'I didn't believe I could face my family when the truth was revealed.'
    Smith's boys disappeared Oct. 25, 1994. That day, she told deputies they had been taken by an unidentified black man during a carjacking and she wept on national television as she begged for their safe return.
    Smith said she made up the lie to protect the boys' loved ones, not to shield herself. 'I didn't know how to tell the people who loved Michael and Alex'
    'Something went very wrong that night,' she wrote. 'I was a good mother and I loved my boys...I was not in my right mind.'
    Smith also responded to the decades of assertions that she killed her boys in order to stay with the man who'd recently broken off their affair, Tom Findley.
    'The thing that hurts me the most is that people think I hurt my children in order to be with a man,' Smith said. 'That is so far from the truth.'

• SHARE PICTURE

+8

Smith said she made up the lie to protect the boys' loved ones (including their father David Smith at right), not to shield herself. 'I didn't know how to tell the people who loved Michael and Alex'

She made no apparent mention of her decision to choose a black carjacker as the imagined culprit in the sensational Southern killing, a case which at the time incensed the black community nationwide.
    Per a 2014 report in The State that detailed her troubled world behind bars, Smith hasn't exhibited little desire to put back the pieces of her fractured life.
    'Most murderers are one-time, crime-of-passion people, and they end up becoming good people,' former director of the South Carolina Department of Corrections Jon Ozmint told The State.
    'Susan Smith just hasn't been able to fit that mold.'
    Just as was so widely reported following the 1994 arrest that rocked the little town of Union, Ozmint described Smith as the vain, manipulative.
    'She is truly a narcissist, and she thrives on the media's attention. Someone like that, I didn't want to feed that narcissism. Other than passing her on the yard, I wouldn't give her any extra, undue attention,' Ozmint said.
    On two occasions in 2000, Ozmint said guards at Smith's initial prison--Women's Correctional Center in Columbia--had sex with Smith despite warnings she should not be left alone with male correctional officers.

'We were back there and arrested a captain and a lieutenant for having improper relations with her,' Ozmint told The State.
    Both men lost their jobs, but according to a fellow convict, Smith has found ways to continue her jailhouse delinquency despite being transferred to Leath Correctional Institution in Greenwood.
    Stephanie Hulsey told the National Enquirer back in 2012 that Smith nearly killed herself at age 40 when she slashed her wrists with a smuggled-in razor.
    'There was blood behind spurting everywhere and she was weeping, but she wasn't crying out in pain,' Hulsey said. 'She used to say, 'You don't feel pain when you cut. Cutting takes all the pain away.'

Hulsey also recalled a jailhouse girlfriend who Smith kept in addition to male paramours with whom she kept in touch via letters.
    'Her lover is a big woman who looks like a man,' said Hulsey, who added that one male pen pal has sent Smith thousands of dollars.
    Smith, who was sentenced to life in prison, faces her first parole possibility in 2024. She will be 53 years old.

THE SUSAN SMITH SAGA: AN HORRIFIC DECEIT THAT CAPTIVATED AMERICA

Smith's boys, 3-year-old Michael and 14-month-old Alex, disappeared Oct. 25, 1994.
    She told deputies they had been taken by an unidentified black man during a carjacking and she wept on national television as she begged for their safe return.
    Nine days later, Smith confessed, and the boys' bodies were found in the car, submerged a few feet from a boat ramp at John D. Long Lake in Union County.

+8

Sad: A memorial to the young sons Smith murdered in 1994 sits beside the lake in which the boys were purposely drowned

Smith was convicted in July 1995. Prosecutor Tommy Pope had sought the death penalty, and he considers the case a loss.
    Smith's lawyers vigorously fought to save her life. They brought in testimony she had sex with her stepfather and several other men to argue she was depressed and intended to stay in the car and commit suicide with her sons, but decided to jump out after releasing the emergency brake.
    The case incensed the black community because Smith claimed a black man carjacked her and drove off with the children.
    TIMELINE
    October 17, 1994: By most accounts, the Susan Smith saga truly began when a man named Tom Findley, with whom Smith was having an affair, broke things off. He said in a letter that he did not want children.
    October 25, 1994: Susan Smith drowned Alex and Michael in her car, which she eased off a lake boat access ramp
    October 25, 1994: Smith tells police she was carjacked by a black man, who drove off with the boys
    November 2, 1994: Smith and her husband David famously appear on national TV. Smith tearfully begs for the boys return
    November 3, 1994: Smith confesses to drowning Alex and Michael. That same day, divers recover the boys' bodies beneath 18 feet of water
    July 22, 1995: A jury finds Smith guilty on two counts of murder
    July 28, 1995: Smith is sentenced to life in prison
    September 11, 2000: Smith is found guilty of sexual misconduct after being caught engaging in sex acts with two correctional officers, who were both fired.
    Smith received revocation of 45 days of recreational privileges and 75 days of canteen privileges
    Smith was also disciplined in April 2009, April 2010 and in June 2012.
    Sources: The State and S.C. Department of Corrections via Herald Online

• SHARE PICTURE

+8

A memorial to the slain boys at the edge of the lake where they drowned

Gold Member

Actually, Susie, you are a monster.

Genuine question: Why is this bitch ever going to be up for parole?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information