Thread: Prosecutor in Sexual Assault Case May Have Offered the Special Alumni Plea

Default Prosecutor in Sexual Assault Case May Have Offered the Special Alumni Plea

Even though 17-year-old Savannah Dietrich of Louisville wasn't charged with contempt of court after violating a court order by tweeting the names of two teens who sexually assaulted her, she's still had to cope with the fact that her attackers were offered an exceedingly lenient plea deal. That deal, according to a public accusation that Dietrich's attorney Thomas Clay levelled against chief prosecutor Paul Richwalsky, was allegedly so lenient because Richwalsky serves on the Alumni Board of Trinity High School, which the boys attended at the time of the assault.

According to the Courier-Journal, the deal proffered by chief prosecutor Paul Richwalsky included 50 hours of volunteer work and ensured that the boys' convictions would be erased when they each turned 19 if they completed a diversion program. It was after Judge Angela McCormick Bisig lifted the case's cone of confidentiality that Clay accused Richwalsky, chief prosecutor in the juvenile court division of the Jefferson County attorney's office, of offering the boys "favored treatment" in the form of a plea deal that deputy division chief of the public defender's juvenile division Emily Farrar-Crockett described as "completely unheard of."

Farrar-Crockett noted the gross irregularity of certain elements in Richwalsky's deal, elements, she explained, that are at odds with the serious nature of their sexual assault conviction. For instance, the deal calls for the boys to be "committed/probated" to the Department of Juvenile Justice, but the law doesn't allow for probation with such a serious offense and Farrar-Crockett said that it was "disturbing to everyone" that Richwalsky included it. She also said that the deal referred to assessment, counseling and treatment "if found to be required or necessary," but treatment for a sexual offender is de rigeur according to Farrar-Crockett, so it's odd that Richwalsky included it in the deal as if it'd be conditional. As for the 50 hours of volunteer work, Farrar-Crockett deemed that element of the deal "offensive" for a sexual assault.

Dietrich, Farrar-Crockett added, was never told about the fact that the boys could expunge their records when it was time to head off to college. If, however, the deal wasn't sickeningly lenient already, it turns out that Richwalsky also, if Clay's allegations prove true, acted like boor throughout the proceedings, making "derogatory" comments about Dietrich, a teenage girl, and accused her of being "delusional" when she claimed not to know about the plea deal.

Richwalsky was a member of Trinity's 1953 Society the most prestigious level of donors from 2010-2011, and Clay says that his team have "things now which I believe give rise to the appearance of impropriety."

The judge is set to accept or reject the apparent special alumni discount plea deal by September 14, by which time we all may learn a little lesson about our wonderful justice system and the way it prosecutes sexual assault.

Prosecutor in Sexual Assault Case May Have Offered Defendants the Special High School Alumni Plea Deal
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well that explains a lot. Sick fucks. I'm glad a judge still has a chance to reject that fucked up deal.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

JFC, let's hope the judge does the right thing.

Are they nuts? Yes,send them off with a nice clean slate to a college with crops of unsuspecting coeds.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I would think there are grounds to remove the prosecutor on this case...doesn't pass the smell test.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Louisville boys sexually assaulted Savannah Dietrich 'cause we thought it would be funny'

The two Louisville boys who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting 16-year-old Savannah Dietrich told police they did it because they thought it would be “funny,” according to court records released Thursday under a Jefferson County judge’s order.

Both boys, who were 16 at the time of the assault, said in interviews with a Louisville Metro Police detective before their guilty pleas that they also took explicit pictures of her with their cellphones while she was intoxicated.

The February police interviews are among hundreds of pages of documents released under Chief District Court Judge Angela McCormick Bisig’s ruling this week that they should be open to the public.

The boys told Detective Chris Horn in separate interviews that they were drinking with Dietrich and a few other people at her home last August when they were left alone with the heavily intoxicated teen.

They said they lifted her shirt, pulled down her pants and penetrated her vagina with their fingers because, according to one of the boys, “we thought it would be funny, but it wasn’t.”

The boys said they took two or three pictures each, put Dietrich’s clothes back on and carried her upstairs to her room.

Numerous other teenagers told police they were shown the pictures by the boys, according to police reports.

The boys were offered a plea deal that required them to do 50 hours of volunteer work and left it up to the state Department of Juvenile Justice to determine what level of supervision and treatment was needed, said Emily Farrar-Crockett, an attorney for Dietrich. The conviction could be set aside and erased when the boys turn 19 if they complete a diversion program.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...osecutor-court

Charming kids.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well it wasn't rape rape, right?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information