Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Several people shot outside Empire State Building

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Several people shot outside Empire State Building

Several people shot outside Empire State Building
    (AP) – 6 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City officials say several people have been shot outside the Empire State Building and that the gunman is dead.

City police say three or four civilians have been wounded in the Friday morning shooting and that the shooter is dead.

A fire department spokesman says it received a call about the shooting just after at 9 a.m. Friday and that emergency units were on the scene within minutes.

The spokesman had no information about how many people were wounded or their conditions.

The shooting occurred at 34th Street and Fifth Avenue.
    The Associated Press: Several people shot outside Empire State Building

It is never ending.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Hopefully only the shooter is dead.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good on the NYPD for taking the shooter's arse out.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Several Shot, One Fatally, Outside Empire State Building
    By WENDY RUDERMAN and WILLIAM K. RASHBAUM
    Published: August 24, 2012
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    GOOGLE+
    PRINT
    REPRINTS

Several people were shot, one of them fatally, by a man outside the Empire State Building shortly after 9 a.m. on Friday, according to the police and city officials. The shooter was killed by the police, officials said.
    Connect with NYTMetro

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for news and conversation.
    One city official said that eight people were wounded and one killed, and that the gunman was also killed.

“There are two people on site dead, a civilian and the gunman,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to provide information to the media.

The investigation into the matter was in its earliest stages, and the official said he was unsure of the details and circumstances that led to the shooting.

Two law enforcement officials said investigators have concluded that the shooting had no connection to terrorism and that it appeared to stem from a domestic dispute of some kind. A third said it may have been sparked by a robbery or dispute in the street.

One woman said that she had just come out of a dentist’s office near the Empire State Building when the shooting happened.

“Suddenly I heard two shots or three shots, boom boom boom, and I saw two guys, they go to the floor,” said the woman, who would only give her first name, Monica. “I was really afraid.”

Andrew Pellenberg, 23, and a friend, both from New Jersey, were thinking about visiting the Empire State Building. “We heard 10 to 15 gunshots, and it was all in a 30-second span,” Mr. Pellenberg said.

Several of the victims were treated at the corner of Fifth Avenue and West 34th Street. The wounded were taken to Bellevue Hospital and St. Luke’s Roosevelt, with the more seriously injured going to Bellevue, the official said.

The shooting caused a major traffic backup in the area with surrounding streets closed.

Vivian Yee contributed reporting.

Several People Shot, One Fatally, Outside Empire State Building - NYTimes.com

fgg

drudge report said the guy was fired the day before.

ETA:

Several People Shot, One Fatally, Outside Empire State Building

Nine people were shot, at least one fatally, by a gunman who opened fire outside the Empire State Building shortly after 9 a.m. on Friday, according to the Fire Department and city officials. The gunman was killed by the police, officials said.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg scheduled a briefing at the scene. State Senator Malcolm A. Smith, a Queens Democrat who was in Manhattan for a meeting and went to the Empire State Building when he heard about the shooting, said the mayor had told him the gunman was “a disguntled employee who came back to the store that he was working at and apparently shot the manager.” He said the mayor indicated the manager had been hit in the face.

“From there,” Mr. Smith said, the gunman “came out onto the street and started randomly shooting individuals.”

One law enforcement official said the gunman had been fired on Thursday and returnd on Friday to wait for a woman he followed and shot.

Earlier, two law enforcement officials said investigators had concluded that the shooting had no connection to terrorism.

A major traffic tieup spread from the streets outside the area around the Empire State Building, at Fifth Avenue and 34th Street, after the police closed surrounding streets. A passer-by said that she had just come out of a nearby dentist’s office when she heard a burst of gunfire.

“Suddenly I heard two shots or three shots, boom boom boom, and I saw two guys, they go to the floor,” said the passer-by, a woman who would give only her first name, Monica. “I was really afraid.”

Andrew Pellenberg, 23, and a friend, both from New Jersey, were also nearby, thinking about visiting the Empire State Building. “We heard 10 to 15 gunshots,” Mr. Pellenberg said, “and it was all in a 30-second span.”

Several people were treated outside the Empire State Building, at Fifth Avenue and West 34th Street. The more seriously wounded were taken to Bellevue Hospital, and others to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/ny...-building.html
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Fired from a job at the Empire State Building?
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

^ Yep.It's an office building, with retail stores in the lobby. Loads of people work there.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I posted that before he edited it to include the article.

mjw
    Elite Member

Law enforcement officials: Gunman kills ex-colleague, wounds 8 outside Empire State Building

NEW YORK — A disgruntled former women’s accessories designer shot a former colleague to death Friday and then was killed in a shootout with police near the Empire State Building that left nine others wounded, officials said.

The nine people wounded in the gunfire after 9 a.m. on the Fifth Avenue side of the building were expected to survive, police said.

After the shootout, crowds of tourists and people on their way to work gathered along 34th Street, which was shut down by police. Police helicopters buzzed overhead and swarms of officers were gathered around the crime scene.

Jeffrey Johnson, 53, was laid off about a year ago at Hazan Imports and targeted a 41-year-old former colleague, shooting the man in the head, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

A construction worker followed Johnson, then spoke to police nearby. Johnson turned his .45-caliber pistol on officers and they returned fire, Kelly said. Johnson was shot and killed by police.

It’s not clear if Johnson opened fire on the officers, but Mayor Michael Bloomberg said some of the nine wounded may have been shot by police in the mayhem.

The gunshots rang out at a time of day when the sidewalks around the building are packed with pedestrians and merchants were opening their shops.

“We were just working here and we just heard bang, bang, bang!” said Mohammed Bachchu, 22, of Queens, a worker at a nearby souvenir shop. He said he rushed from the building and saw seven people lying on the ground, covered in blood.

Queens resident Rebecca Fox, 27, said she saw people running down the street and initially thought it was a celebrity sighting, but then saw a woman shot in the foot and a man dead on the ground.

“I was scared and shocked and literally shaking,” she said. She said police seemed to appear in seconds. “It was like CSI, but it was real.”

Hassam Cissa, 22, of the Bronx, said he saw two bodies on the ground and police applying a white cloth to a man’s stomach wound.

Gunshots so close to one of the city’s leading tourist attractions immediately prompted fears of terrorism, but federal officials said that wasn’t the case, and a guard at skyscraper said it didn’t involve the parts of the building where tourists gather to visit the skyscraper.

The gunfire came less than two weeks after a knife-wielding man was shot dead by police near Times Square, another tourist-saturated part of the city. Authorities say police shot 51-year-old Darrius Kennedy after he lunged at officers with a kitchen knife Aug. 12. Kennedy was smoking marijuana in Times Square on a Saturday afternoon when officers first approached, police said. It was the beginning of an encounter that would stretch for seven crowded blocks.

In 1997, a gunman opened fire on the 86th floor observation deck of the Empire State Building, killing one tourist and wounding six others before fatally shooting himself.
    Law enforcement officials: Gunman kills ex-colleague, wounds 8 outside Empire State Building - The Washington Post

Oh no. RIP, colleague.

Jesus H. Christ....

It's enough.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I posted that before he edited it to include the article.
    he?? i'm a she, you biatch! last time i revise my posts to help you out.

fgg

oops!

CNN breaking news:

Official: All 9 people injured in Friday's shooting near the Empire State Building were wounded by police gunfire.
    Brookie and sputnik like this.

Was just coming here to post that. Maybe the guy wanted to take out the one colleague and the cops went nuts or something. Gawd.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information