Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: ‘Sic Her:’ Man, Dog Attack Bride At Denver Wedding

fgg

Default ‘Sic Her:’ Man, Dog Attack Bride At Denver Wedding

‘Sic Her:’ Man, Dog Attack Bride At Denver Wedding

CBS4 Newscasters' DogsDENVER (CBS4) – A man is on the run from police and a dog is under quarantine at the Denver Animal Shelter after a shocking attack at a wedding party last weekend.

So far it’s not clear why the man police say is Joel Neveraz, a wedding guest, encouraged his pit bull to attack the bride and also attacked the woman himself.

Neveraz allegedly got upset about something at Brittany Schults’ wedding on Saturday in North Denver. He then left and came back later with his pit bull.

Schults told CBS4 Neveraz suffers from several mental illnesses and at one point spent time in a mental hospital.

“At one point and time he was a best friend. Someone I thought I could trust, someone I thought would never let anyone hurt me,” she said.

After he came back to the party following the wedding it was clear something wasn’t right.

“I begged and pleaded with him ‘Just stop. Bring the dog home, it’s my wedding. Don’t do this, don’t do this,’ ” Schults said.

Soon after Neveraz allegedly told his dog to attack Schults.

“He said ‘Sic her. Sic her, Skylo,’ ” she said. “The dog dragged me to the ground and shook me in its mouth.”

The dog also attacked Schults’ new husband.

“Joel stood there with the leash in hand laughing, laughing that the dog was biting me,” she said.

A police report states Neveraz then started punching Schults with brass knuckles.

“It was terrible. It made a beautiful party into something I’ll never forget.”

Schults showed CBS4 some of the injuries she sustained in the attack, including bite marks from the dog in her skin.

“I’m just hoping no one else gets hurt the way I did or worse,” she said.

Neveraz has been in trouble with the law before. This mug shot was taken after he was arrested on charges of assaulting a peace officer.

According to his latest Facebook post Neveraz is headed to Boston, but his friends actually think he might be headed to Mexico to hide with family members. The last time friends heard from him was in a text:

2 more stops then I hit my death bed nice knowin all yall ain’t this wat use want: (yup it will be a sick death but i aint going alone

Police say Neveraz should be considered dangerous. Anyone with information about his wherebouts is asked to contact authorities.

‘Sic Her:’ Man, Dog Attack Bride At Denver Wedding « CBS Denver

pic of the upstanding gentleman at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Dayum. Bath salts?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This looks like the kind of lunatic who also probably didn't buy a gift from the registy.
    Fran likes this.

2 more stops then I hit my death bed nice knowin all yall ain’t this wat use want: (yup it will be a sick death but i aint going alone
    Authorities should be really concerned about this part. It sounds like he's planning on killing himself & taking others out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Authorities should be really concerned about this part. It sounds like he's planning on killing himself & taking others out with him.
    He could be referring to one of his alternate personalities.

Not sure what the lines on his face are from (tattoos?)
    Free Charmed.

I hope they catch that lunatic before he harms anyone else. I hate to think what will become of the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

Not only does he plan to take others out, but he's planned who.

If I knew this guy, I'd be lying low in a hotel somewhere.

Gold Member

I hope they catch this douchebag before he harms anyone else.

So the police didn't get to the wedding site on time in order to catch the guy and/or stop the attack? What were the other guests doing? No one intervened? Yes I know there's a dog there, but no one thought to pick up a chair or something and throw it at the suspect or dog? Maybe I'm being naive, but I would try and do something, anything to stop the attack.

As soon as he came back with the pit bull I would have called the police.

Thread Information