Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

Default Mass Shooting at Colorado "The Dark Knight Rises" Screening

At least 20 wounded in shooting in Aurora, Colorado
    (CNN) -- At least 20 people were wounded in a shooting early Friday morning at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, an area hospital official told CNN.
    All of the wounded suffered from gunshot wounds, which ranged from minor to critical, said Jacque Montgomery, a spokeswoman at the University of Colorado Hospital.
    "They're arriving by police, by ambulance. Some are walking in," she said.
    Police were responding to a "shooting incident" at the theater, a dispatcher told CNN. The dispatcher did not provide any additional details.
    The shooting incident reportedly occurred during an early morning screening of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises," witnesses told CNN affiliate KUSA.
    "We saw people running around and screaming," a man, who was not identified, told KUSA.
    He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie next door.
    I'm hearing on the news this morning that more like around 40 people were wounded. What. In. The. Hell.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Jesus! Midnight showing would be a packed house for this movie. They said they have a suspect in custody thank god. Why can't we have more gun control? *sigh*

Horrific.
    How many people need to lose their lives before the USA does something about it's gun laws.
    00Kimmi00 likes this.

NBC News is saying up to 15 people are dead, and 50 wounded. The suspect evidently set off a gas from some kind of canister during an action scene in the movie and started shooting. Some people said they figured it was part of the movie, since this is the first screening of it. Then they saw blood.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnVanity View Post
    Horrific.
    How many people need to lose their lives before the USA does something about it's gun laws.
    This! It's absurd.
    rockchick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnVanity View Post
    Horrific.
    What does our gun law have to do with this?
    greysfang, Syd, dexter7 and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    What does our gun law have to do with this?
    I think the point others are making is that too many people can get guns and use them to shoot people at random instead of keeping them to defend themselves. This shooting is one of numerous gun slayings. Countries that have gun controls are horrIfied at the number of deaths that occur in USA.
    Sarzy and 00Kimmi00 like this.

^ There is a huge correlation between having lax gun laws and a gun culture and incidents like this occurring. People can buy guns and bullets they have no real need for so easily in the US. Here, not so much; some people have them who shouldn't but it's not rampant like it is there.

This is really, really horrible. The man must have planned this well ahead. Really terrifying, you're so helpless in a crowded cinema
    BlameItOnVanity likes this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

My God.....this is awful. Those poor people and their families. Just trying to watch a movie and have some fun. RIP

The further horrifying part is that it's not the first incident in an extremely open and public place - this could have been anywhere. I'm going to the airport this morning - this could have/could happen there as well. I'll be in a hotel and a convention center over the weekend - someone could walk in there and launch a surprise attack. I think the entire point MUST be that this is a surprise attack and all these people are just sitting ducks for your little adventure. If you're the attacker, YOU have it planned out but the victims have no escape plan in mind because they don't know they need one. The element of surprise is the important element. And, showing up "in costume" is a brilliant idea - oh look at this guy, he must be a real fan, look at his cool outfit.

- Mark Twain

This is just horrific. Those poor families.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This frightens me since we are midnight movie fanatics and this could have happened anywhere!! Those poor people.. RIP
    Last edited by *DIVA!; July 20th, 2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Because I am stupid!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Why is this turning into a gun law debate before condolences are even given to 40 dead and injured ffs?
    Mercer, McJag, card and 17 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Because everybody wants to be righteous about their opinion on guns. It's another opportunity to get your say in. Sad.

- Mark Twain

I'm Fucking offended. My 16yo was at a midnight showing with his friends less than 30 minutes away from this, so fuck all y'all.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information