Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By CornFlakegrl
  • 2 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By CornFlakegrl

Thread: Mom kills her twin babies and poisons her 4 year old

Default Mom kills her twin babies and poisons her 4 year old

This is a local story and it's making me crazy! The Mom is clearly crazy but the father throwing away the kids stuuf so soon, and as he did, bothers me too. I realize we all grieve in our own way but others could have used all the stuff he threw away...

Mom Charged With Killing Tacony Twins | NBC 10 Philadelphia

Tacony Twins Killed by Mother: Father of murdered 1-1/2-year-old twins throws away children's things a day after they were killed

[IMG]http://media.nbcphiladelphia.com/images/654*368/Tacony_Smalls_Twins_Toys_Trash.jpg[/IMG]

Corrections officer Ron Smalls arrived home Thursday to find his 1-1/2-year-old twins dead, his 4-year-old poisoned and his wife bleeding from the wrists. Police say his wife killed his son and daughter. On Friday NBC10's Tim Furlong was there as Ron Smalls removed his children's things from his home.

Police say a mom strangled one of her children and drowned another in their Tacony home. She is hospitalized and being questioned by police.

Neighbors watched, some cried, and others said prayers as investigators removed two tiny bodies from inside a home on Ditman Street in Tacony. The victims, one and a half year old twins and their lives allegedly taken by their own mother, according to investigators. Police sources tell NBC10's Claudia Rivero that one of the victims was drowned and the other was strangled. A 4-year-old was also taken to St. Christopher's Hospital.The 41-year-old mother allegedly tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrists. Police say she left four letters explaining a possible motive.

It was a sad sight in Tacony Friday as the father of twins, allegedly killed by their mother in what police are calling an attempted murder-suicide, threw his children's things away.

The father, Ron Smalls, took his children’s toys, high chairs and play pen out to the curb on the 6300 block of Ditman Street as a trash truck pulled up Friday morning. Only NBC10's cameras were there as the items were crushed in the trash truck.

NBC10’s Tim Furlong asked Ron, who is a corrections officer, if he wanted to talk but the grieving father said he wasn’t ready. Ron did however say his 4-year-old daughter who was apparently poisoned is expected to be OK.

The man’s wife Stacey Smalls, 41, attempted to commit suicide by slitting her own wrists after she allegedly killed her 1-1/2-year-old son Adam and the boy's twin sister Eve -- drowning one and strangling the other, Philadelphia Police said.

Police sources tell NBC10 that Stacey Smalls left four notes explaining that she hurt the children because she was apparently upset about an affair her husband was allegedly having.

"She had something that she felt was justification but there is no justification... it’s a tragedy two young babies dead and there is no excuse for that," Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey told NBC10.
    Stacey Smalls would be charged with two counts of murder, Ramsey said.

Neighbors said that the father came home Thursday afternoon and called 911. His twin children were dead, his 4-year-old daughter was poisoned and his wife had slit her wrists, cops said.

Stacey Smalls was taken to Frankford Hospital while the 4-year-old girl was in stable condition at St. Christopher’s Hospital, police said.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Holy Christ.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Dayum.

It sounds like his throwing things away like he did was just an emotional outburst. He's not thinking clearly (and with good reason).
    shedevilang and holly like this.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Look at those little faces. How sad.

Hopefully, the 4 year old will recover as expected.

Killing your kids because your husband had an affair. Geez. Get a divorce, a therapist, and some anti-psychotics before you drown your toddler in the tub and look the other one in the face while you strangle them.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Dayum.

It sounds like his throwing things away like he did was just an emotional outburst. He's not thinking clearly (and with good reason).
    I agree, I can't judge him even though it goes against the grain. Who knows what something like that would do to your mind. Maybe having those things surrouding him was too painful and he had to remove them quickly. All logic would go out the window under this kind of circumstance I'd imagine.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

wow, she went fucking Medea.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    wow, she went fucking Medea.
    That she did. But I don't think the chariots are coming for her.
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.

This is tragic all the way around. She probably had PPD, he had an affair instead of helping her.
    I hope the 4 year old is placed with other family members who love her. He may be a good guy, but I don't like the sound of this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Those poor babies, how tragic. The whole thing with the dad does sound suspicious
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    That she did. But I don't think the chariots are coming for her.
    Was thinking the exact same thing.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Thread Information