Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Horrific Footage of Mentally Ill Homeless Manís Fatal Police Beating Surfaces Online

Default Horrific Footage of Mentally Ill Homeless Manís Fatal Police Beating Surfaces Online

On July 5th, 2011, a 37-year-old schizophrenic homeless man from Fullerton, California, named Kelly Thomas was beaten to within an inch of his life by several Fullerton Police Department officers.

He passed away five days later, shortly after being taken off life support.

The Orange County Coroner determined that injuries he sustained during the beating, as well as the "mechanical chest compression" which took place during the altercation, were directly responsible for Thomas's demise.

Out of the six officers involved in the incident, only two were charged with crimes: Officer Manuel Ramos (second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter), and Corporal Jay Cicinelli (involuntary manslaughter and excessive force).

Despite allegations that Thomas was uncooperative and combative, surveillance footage shown for the first time at yesterday's preliminary hearing proves these claims are grossly inaccurate.

Further, paramedics who arrived on the scene stopped first to treat minor scratches and bruises sustained by the officers before turning their attention to an unconscious Thomas who was bleeding — literally — to death on the ground.

According to the testimony of Fullerton Fire Department paramedic Ron Stancyk, this was at the request of the officers.

The hearing to determine if sufficient evidence exists for a trial continues today.

[YOUTUBE]gLlwXaAhok4[/YOUTUBE]

Horrific Footage of Mentally Ill Homeless Man's Fatal Police Beating Surfaces Online
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I had to stop watching it. I feel sick.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

There is no way I'm ever clicking on that. The article is enough.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

For once I'm glad that work blocked youtube. I can't watch shit like that, it makes me so sick.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Terrible.

they showed this on CNN this morning. Broke my heart.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

From just reading these comments, I'm not watching that video.

Yeah, that's a video I can't/won't watch either. Sick, power-abusing bastards!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(ē_ē)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

fgg

Cops to Be Tried in Alleged Fatal Beating of Homeless Man Caught on Video

Two Fullerton, Calif., police officers will be tried in the death of a mentally ill homeless man whose apparent beating by police was captured on video, a judge ruled today.

Officer Manuel Ramos, 38, and Cpl. Jay Cicinelli, 40, are charged in the death of Kelly Thomas, 37 -- Ramos with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter, and Cicinelli with involuntary manslaughter and assault or battery by a public officer, according to The Associated Press. Both have pleaded not guilty.

Attorneys for the officers have questioned whether medical treatment, not the actual beating, could have resulted in Thomas' death.

"The grainy-but-gripping video of a homeless man being beaten to death was the key evidence in the prosecution's successful effort to convince the court to force a police officer to stand trial for murder in the second degree," said Royal Oakes, an ABC News legal analyst, according to ABC News Radio.

"The video of the beating conjured up memories of the Rodney King police beating of two decades ago," Oakes said. "The videotaped evidence will no doubt be the centerpiece of the D.A.'s case in the upcoming murder trial, where one officer could be facing 15 years-to-life behind bars."

The July 5, 2011, surveillance video, taken from a publicly mounted camera, coupled with an audio recording device worn by an officer, stunned a packed courtroom of Thomas' supporters when it was shown for the first time Monday.

"I can't breathe man," and, "sorry," Thomas could be heard telling officers as he allegedly endured punches to his left ribs and blows to his face from an officer's knee.

Thomas, who is reportedly schizophrenic, repeatedly cried out for his father.

He was also Tasered three times with the stun gun applied directly to his skin for five-second periods. He was hit a fourth time with two darts connected to the gun by wires, according to the Orange County District Attorney's office. The entire time he could be heard screaming in agony.

The apparent beating lasted nine minutes and 40 seconds and ended with Thomas' limp body in handcuffs.

Thomas was transported to St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton, Calif., for intubation to help him breathe. He never regained consciousness.

Five days later, Thomas died. The coroner's office ruled the death a homicide.

"You have 1,500 pounds of trained cop on my one little son, but they have to bring this out like they were just so overpowered by this brute to make themselves look innocent and that they're the victims," Ron Thomas, the victim's father, said outside of court Monday.

The officers had responded to the Fullerton Transportation Center after receiving a call that a homeless man was seen looking into car windows and pulling on door handles.

Six officers arrived at the scene for back-up, but the district attorney determined that there was only enough evidence to charge Ramos and Cicinelli in Thomas' death.

The video began with Ramos approaching Thomas and asking him to sit with his legs and hands in front of him. Thomas had trouble complying with the order and appeared to have cognitive difficulties, according to the D.A.'s office.

Fed up, Ramos made fists and asked Thomas if he saw them. Thomas replied that he did.

"They're getting ready to f--- you up," Ramos told him.

When a shirtless Thomas, who had earlier forgotten his name and said he didn't speak English, stood up, Ramos and his partner were shown swinging at him with their batons.

Thomas took off and was tackled, setting off the nearly 10-minute beating that allegedly led to his death.

Ramos is a 10-year veteran of the Fullerton Police, while Cicinelli has been an officer in Fullerton for 12 years.

The video ended with paramedics carrying Thomas' body to an ambulance, revealing a large blood stain on the spot where the altercation took place.

"We ran out of options so I got the end of my Taser and I probably ... I just start smashing his face to hell," Cicinelli said at the end of the July 5 video, according to the transcript provided by prosecutors to the Associated Press. "He was on something, 'cause the three of us couldn't even control him."

Thomas had no illicit drugs or alcohol in him at the time of the incident, according to the toxicology report.

If convicted, Cicinelli could face a maximum sentence of four years in prison and Ramos could be sentenced to life in prison.

Cops to Be Tried in Alleged Fatal Beating of Homeless Man Caught on Video - Yahoo! News
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

They beat on him for nearly 10 minutes? They need the fucking death penalty. Just wipe the planet of their evil asses.

ETA: I found this blog on it that I liked. http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/09/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c1
    Last edited by greysfang; May 10th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

I couldn't watch, I just can't or else I won't be able to get it out of my mind.

WTF is happening out there? Seems like every day now some teacher, cop, doctor, politician - people in positions of authority - are doing something violent or saying something totally inappropriate.

This happened in the county I live in. I remember when it happened and I hoped that this guys parents wouldn't let this drop. And they didn't. They blogged and did interviews and screamed it from the rooftops. They weren't going to let it go. This incident was one f the first times that I actually wanted to drive to Fullerton and join in the protests. The amount of time these cop asshole pieces of shit are facing is a joke. 15 years for the one and 4 years for the other.

Well, they let the assholes go free. What a goddamn shame.

Ex-cops charged in beating death of Kelly Thomas found not guilty - CNN.com

Ex-cops acquitted in beating death of homeless man in California

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A jury has acquitted two former Fullerton, California, police officers on trial in the beating death of Kelly Thomas, a mentally ill and homeless man.
    The verdict was read in a Santa Ana courtroom Monday afternoon. Eight women and four men began deliberating the case on Thursday.
    The beating of Thomas in a transit parking lot was recorded by security cameras on the night of July 5, 2011. The surveillance camera footage shows Thomas being beaten, clubbed and stunned with a Taser by police. The video sparked a nationwide outcry.
    Former officer Manuel Ramos was charged with second-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter. A second former Fullerton officer, Jay Cicinelli, was charged with involuntary manslaughter and excessive use of force.

Manuel Ramos, right, and Jay Patrick Cicinelli appear at their arraignment in September.

Both were found not guilty on all charges.
    In closing arguments, Orange County District Attorney Tony Rackauckas told jurors that Ramos bore responsibility for Thomas's death because he issued a threat to the uncooperative homeless man. Ramos can be seen on the surveillance video putting on gloves and shaking his fist in Thomas' face.

Unbelievable.

Makes me so mad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information