Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: White Male Beaten In Mobile, Alabama- Attackers: "This is for Trayvon"

Default White Male Beaten In Mobile, Alabama- Attackers: "This is for Trayvon"

Man clings to life after beating–
    Police are asking for help with the case – One of attackers said “This is justice for Trayvon!”

A Mobile man clings to life tonight after a brutal beating yesterday by a mob armed with chairs, pipes and paint cans in his front yard.
    WKRG reported:
    Mobile police need your help to catch a mob that beat Matthew Owens so badly that he’s in critical condition.
    According to police, Owens fussed at some kids playing basketball in the middle of Delmar Drive about 8:30 Saturday night. They say the kids left and a group of adults returned, armed with everything but the kitchen sink.
    Police tell News 5 the suspects used chairs, pipes and paint cans to beat Owens.
    Owens’ sister, Ashley Parker, saw the attack. “It was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed.” Parker says 20 people, all African American, attacked her brother on the front porch of his home, using “brass buckles, paint cans and anything they could get their hands on.”
    Police will only say “multiple people” are involved.
    Don’t expect this to get much media attention.
    It doesn’t fit their narrative.

Matthew Owens lying in the ICU at USA Medical Center. (WKRG)
    UPDATE: Children and women in dresses joined in the beating.
    Local 15 reported:
    At first, when he heard his friend at the door, the man thought it was a joke. “Then I saw about 10 to 15 people from little kids and women with dresses to adult men, just flooding onto the property, surrounding the car, hollering and screaming,” he says. “And then I heard Matthew saying, ‘ I’m sorry, man, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.’ And then, the next thing, before I could get to the door, because we have it all deadbolted and everything, and before I could get it open, I heard all the beating and banging.”
    …Meanwhile, the incident has left some who live on this street troubled and nervous including Owens’ friend. “Oh, my God” he says. “He was laying on the ground full of blood. I mean, it was horrible. His head, everything. Blood was pouring from his head, both sides. And his whole body was drenched in blood.”
    Mobile Police are encouraging anyone who knows the identity of the attackers to contact Crimestoppers.

Where’s the Media?… AL Man Clings to Life After Vicious Beating By “Trayvon” Sympathetic Mob (Video) …Update: Children & Women in Dresses Joined In | The Gateway Pundit

I didn't see this posted anywhere, and if it already is, my bad. But omg, this pisses me off. Our piss poor mayor is acting like it's no big deal, and that the media is blowing it out of proportion. And now accusations of racism are being thrown at Mayor Sam Jones, saying he only feels that way and made that statement because he hates white people. Its a fucking mess. So I ask- Where is the goddamn outrage now? I hate playing the race card because I HATE racist people, but if this had been a black man beaten by a mob of white people, Jessie and Sharpton would have been here before he made it to the hospital. Sure he was probably being an asshole about them getting away from his house, but no one deserves to be beat like that. Where is the outrage for this man?
    southernbelle likes this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

What the fuck is wrong with people!!!!!????
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

This has been all over my local news today, even though we don't get WPMI 15 this far up. It's crazy.

Some racially motivated shit is going to go down in Mobile very, very soon. You can feel it coming. Sam Jones is just fueling the fire. It's sad, and it sucks.
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

One of my best friends lives downtown and I'm scared something's going to happen to him.

They need to be charged with a hate crime.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

This is just atrocious - I hope he can make a full recovery. I also hope they catch each and every single attacker and throw their asses in jail, children included.

I highly doubt Trayvon Martin's family would want people "defending" Trayvon's legacy this way.

Disgusting and the damn Mayor needs to be kicked out of office!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Disgusting and the damn Mayor needs to be kicked out of office!!
    I could give you all a manifesto on that piece of shit, I could literally go on for hours. But I won't, because I like y'all.

Absolutely disgusting. The sad part is that there are people who seem to think that this is perfectly okay or justified. SMH.

It seems like this was a long time coming and brewing for awhile:

Tensions leading to beating of Mobile man had been brewing awhile, neighbors say | al.com

MOBILE, Alabama — Tensions that erupted in the mob beating of an out-of-work mechanic on Saturday had been brewing for some time, according to interviews today with neighbors on Delmar Drive in the city’s Pleasant Valley community.

The case has drawn wide attention via the Internet, because at least two witnesses reported hearing references during the beating to the Trayvon Martin case in Florida. Owens is white, while witnesses said that the assailants were black.
    Danny Parker, the brother-in-law of victim Matthew Owens, said his wife saw the beating from their front yard: A large group of black residents cornered Owens on the front porch at about 8:30 p.m. of a neighbor and beat him severely. The group included 15 to 20 people on foot and several who followed in cars, he said.

There were adults, male and female, and teenagers, “women in dresses — they looked like they were going to church,” Parker said.

Parker and several of his neighbors said they have had problems with children the last couple of years playing basketball in the street, refusing to move for cars and occasionally yelling vulgarities at them. Parker said his brother-in-law on Saturday had just run off a group of children when a large number of adults and teenagers confronted Owens.

Alexander Almond, a lawyer who said Owens’ sister hired him to represent the family, said he did not want to make any comments that could inflame passions and hurt the investigation. “The greatest concern is with his recovery,” he said.
    Owens remains in critical condition at the University of South Alabama Medical Center.

One of Parker’s neighbors, who asked not to be identified for fear of retaliation, said he was watching a movie with his family when he heard the confrontation. The neighbor, who is white, said several of the black residents were shouting racial slurs.

He said one of the assailants shouted, “This is justice for Trayvon,” an apparent reference to the unarmed black teenager in Florida whose shooting death at the hands of a Hispanic neighborhood watch volunteer sparked a racial fury.
    The Delmar Drive resident said the assailants on Saturday used a paint can, bamboo torches and other objects. He estimated the crowd at 30 to 35 people.

“They proceeded to just beat the crap out of him,” said the man, who added that he moved his car to shield his children from the violence. “It was just so intense. I couldn’t believe they were acting like this.”

Police downplay race

Mobile police so far have not confirmed race as a factor in the incident and have not said how many attackers they believe participated in the beating.

“According to him, he didn’t know why he was assaulted,” Police Chief Micheal Williams said. “We think that something else might be going on here.”

Cpl. Christopher Levy, a spokesman for the Police Department, said the Trayvon Martin case definitely was not the motivating factor.

Meanwhile, Mayor Sam Jones cautioned the public not to jump to conclusions and to wait until the investigation had revealed the facts. He said he would not condone assault regardless of the motive.

“If people think we are going to tolerate that to bring attention to some national event, they are sorely mistaken,” he said. “They will be arrested and prosecuted for assault or whatever the appropriate charge may be.”

Some neighbors said they have witnessed belligerence from Owens in the past, and police reports show that he has gotten into scrapes before with others — both black and white.

“He probably did as much to instigate this as anybody,” said Marsha Skipper, who lives next door.

This middle class neighborhood, which sits just east of Interstate 65 between Government Boulevard and Cottage Hill Road, has undergone a demographic change over the past 3 decades. Once nearly all white, Delmar Drive now is closer to half white and half black.

Skipper, who is white, said she gets along with her black neighbors and has not had problems with the black children. She said it would be bad for the neighborhood to turn the incident into the opening salvo of a race war.

“I don’t want to see a racial issue with this,” she said. “I don’t want to see a black-white issue out of this.”
    Records from Mobile County Metro Jail show that Owens has been arrested numerous times. Levy detailed 3 violent confrontations he has been involved in since 2009.

In July of that year, Levy said, police took a report that someone hit Owens with a baseball bat. At that time witnesses told police that Owens yelled racial slurs and threats at a black man in the neighborhood. No one was charged in that incident, Levy said.

Parker said his brother-in-law was walking peacefully down the street at the time and that he was talking to himself but that assailant thought he was talking to him.

In an Oct. 29 incident, police said, a black man walking up the street asking for cigarettes eventually stopped at Owens’ home. An apparent disagreement ensued, and the man hit Owens in the face, police said.

Then on Dec. 16, Levy said, Owens was accused of fracturing the nose of a 53-yer-old white man after an argument.
    Parker said Owens has been living with him and his wife but also stayed sometimes with another neighbor, helping care for the man as he recovered from an injury. That man, who asked that his name not be used, said he had allowed Owens to stay with him since the sister kicked him out of her house Thursday.

Parker confirmed that his wife and Owens had a disagreement.

Neighbor locked door

The neighbor said that, in order to stop the fight from spilling into his home, he locked his front door when the assailants arrived Saturday. He said a plastic lawn chair was broken and bloody after the fight.

The neighbor said Owens previously had been extremely angry at the children.

“He ran in here and got 2 butcher knives. I said, ‘What are you doing with these?’” he said. “He was in a rage.”
    The neighbor said he does not know what Owens did with the knives but added that he does not believe they were a factor in the confrontation with the children or the subsequent beating.

The neighbor said he has friendly relations with black neighbors. But he added that several of the youths have caused problems, defying requests to move their portable basketball goals for motorists.

“The kids will not move,” he said.

Still, the neighbor said he has had issues with Owens, as well. He said he has called the police 4 times for what he described as “anger management” issues but declined to elaborate.

Another neighbor, who also asked to remain anonymous, said the black children have been “100 percent respectful” to him.

The neighbor, who is white, said, “Matthew has a lot of problems. I’ve been waiting for this to happen because that’s what he does. He’s pushed a number of people.”

The neighbor said he heard the fight but could not see it because trees blocked his view.

“We’ve never had a problem with the black people until (Saturday) night,” he said.

Skipper said she heard the beating outside her home but did not see it.

“I don’t know who did what to whom,” she said. “It’s a wonder somebody didn’t get killed.”
    It certainly doesn't justify what those kids did, nor does it serve as any type of justice for Trayvon Martin and won't bring him back.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yet another manipulative headline that gets people into a feeding frenzy. The guy looks like a skinhead. It's no surprise he's had trouble with everyone black or white in the past. Still the idea of mob retaliation is scary.

You're out of your gourd. What exactly about him "looks like a skinhead".

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

This guy sounds like a tool, but to be jumped on like that in the name of Trayvon is total BS. Sounds like some of these kids were just looking for trouble. Throwing Trayvon's name around like that is lame.
    hustle4alivin and Lalique like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You're out of your gourd. What exactly about him "looks like a skinhead".
    He's white?

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Yet another manipulative headline that gets people into a feeding frenzy. The guy looks like a skinhead. It's no surprise he's had trouble with everyone black or white in the past. Still the idea of mob retaliation is scary.

Wow, you can tell all that from a hospital bed photo? You must be Karnak.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information