Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Just Kill Me

Thread: Alleged Teen Rape Victim Being Held in Juvenile Detention to Make Sure She値l Testify

Default Alleged Teen Rape Victim Being Held in Juvenile Detention to Make Sure She値l Testify

When you think of all the appropriate ways to treat a teenage victim of rape, putting them in a juvenile detention facility usually isn't on the list. Yet that is exactly what's happening in Sacramento, California, to a 17-year-old girl who is the victim of an alleged sexual assault. She's being held to ensure that she'll show up and testify at the trial of her alleged attacker, Frank William Rackley. The girl failed to appear at a preliminary hearing and again at his trial at the end of February, which had to be rescheduled as a result. The new trial has been set for April 23rd. She is in the state's foster care system and apparently has a history of running away. She's being held on a material witness warrant. She was seen by a judge on March 27th and has been in custody since then.

Her attorney is obviously objecting to this kind of treatment, but Albert Locher, the Sacramento County District Attorney, said, "The last thing we ever want to do is put a victim or a witness in custody, but when you have serious crimes of violence and a multiple offenses, you have to balance the protection of the community here."

Rackley, the victim's alleged attacker, has a long criminal history and was arrested once before for rape but the charges were dropped. The girl's testimony is crucial to the case against him.

It makes sense that they need to ensure she appears at the trial, but it's hard to believe there's not a better way to make sure she sticks around. She shouldn't be thrown into detention and treated like a criminal when she's the victim, and it certainly sounds like she's been through enough trauma for a lifetime. This is when you wish life was like an episode of Law & Order: SVU, where they'd put her up in a hotel with a cop to watch her. As it is, her detention needs to be reviewed every 10 days, and she's up for review today. So perhaps the judge will think better of his decision and find a more comfortable arrangement for her.

Alleged Teen Rape Victim Being Held in Juvenile Detention to Make Sure She'll Testify
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That's a hard one.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She had her chance, maybe by now she will show.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

She needs to be moved into a comfortable hotel with a counsellor there to help her prepare for the ordeal ahead. I don't blame her for wanting to run away but it's important she testify.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I'd agree with you, but there is no city, county or state in the U.S. that can afford luxury like that right now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Not even a heart to heart with Olivia?
    Posted from my iPhone
    yanna likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^ Olivia won't get to cry and do her "I was a product of rape" routine! The humanity!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I love calling those scenes that and the "You're off the case, give me you gun and your badge!" scenes. Ah, I love Olivia and Elliot.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Thread Information