Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BBDSP
  • 2 Post By Ravenna

Thread: Suspect in Vermont teacher's killing reportedly wanted to 'get a girl'

Default Suspect in Vermont teacher's killing reportedly wanted to 'get a girl'

I had just seen a story yesterday morning about a Vermont teacher (Melissa Jenkins) who was missing. She had gone out in the evening to supposedly help someone who had car trouble. Someone found her car idling with her two-year-old inside, and Jenkins gone, with no sign of where she went. So, this is what happened. Kind of scary - the guy had been interested in her, and knew her because he had plowed her driveway. And somehow, he put his wife up to this incredibly senseless act:

U.S. News - Suspect in Vermont teacher's killing reportedly wanted to 'get a girl'

Vermont police on Wednesday charged a couple with second degree murder in the death of teacher Melissa Jenkins, and court documents allege they pretended to have car trouble to lure her to a site where she was strangled.

Allen Prue, 30, and his wife Patricia, 33, wanted to "get a girl" on Sunday night, although he and his wife "didn't plan to get one forcefully," according to court documents. Police gave no further details on a possible motive.

The two were taken into custody Tuesday night, The Caledonian-Record News reported. They were arraigned in court Wednesday morning where they pleaded not guilty. They are being held without bail.

Patricia Prue allegedly called Jenkins on Sunday night and told her they needed help because their car had broken down

When Jenkins arrived, Allen Prue allegedly strangled her, and he and his wife then put the body in the backseat of their car and drove to their home. At some point Patricia Prue strangled Jenkins as well to "ensure she wasn’t breathing," Allen Prue allegedly told police. But Patricia Prue denied any knowledge of Jenkins' death.
    Back at their home, they allegedly put Jenkins' body on a tarp, removed all her clothes and poured bleach on her body. The Prues also allegedly removed their clothes and put them on the tarp.
    They then drove to a boat access at the Connecticut River, which separates Vermont from New Hampshire, and put Jenkins' body in the water, weighing it down with blocks and concealing it with brush, the documents state.
    They allegedly took the tarp and the clothes to New Hampshire where they burned it.
    Police were called Sunday night after Jenkins' son was found alone in her vehicle on a back road in St. Johnsbury.
    Jenkins' former boyfriend told police she said that she had gotten a call from a person who used to plow her driveway and that she was going to help them, the documents say.
    The ex-boyfriend told police that Allen Prue had once asked Jenkins out on a date, and that she felt uncomfortable around him.
    The body of Jenkins, a 33-year-old single mother of a two-year-old boy, was found in the woods on Monday by a state trooper.
    The body of Jenkins, a 33-year-old single mother of a two-year-old boy, was found in the woods on Monday by a state trooper.
    Allen Prue is a snow plow driver and a sub-contracted newspaper delivery person for The Caledonian-Record since January, the newspaper said.
    Police said they searched the Prue's home in Waterford Tuesday night. No alleged motive was provided, but Vermont State Police said in a statement that "they knew Ms. Jenkins and had snow plowed her driveway a couple of years ago."
    Jenkins taught science and used to coach basketball at the prestigious St. Johnsbury Academy, which counts former President Calvin Coolidge among its alumni.
    "She's got a real gift with students who either haven't liked science before or learning science doesn't come easy to them," headmaster Tom Lovett said. "She's got a real gift with them."
    Vermont State Police
    Allen Prue and Patricia Prue are seen in booking photos.

Dozens of students gathered at the academy Monday night after the news that a body had been found. Classes were canceled Tuesday.
    Jenkins grew up in Danville, a tight-knit town west of St. Johnsbury where she attended the Danville School.
    A family friend said Jenkins left her home Sunday night to meet up and help someone out.
    "She would do anything for anybody. She definitely will be greatly missed," said Ron Craig, of Peacham.

fgg

sick fucks!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Inbred by the looks of it.
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Wait ... I thought I read on msnbc.com that she was found in the woods where there was a noticeable disturbance in the foliage very near where her truck was found?? They made it sound like it was a quick grab and dump type of abduction. Very confusing that it's so different than the original story. Was she sexually assaulted first or just murdered? What the hell does "get a girl" mean? I would think if he wanted to get a girl that he wanted to rape her ....

I'm assuming the story above is what the sick fucker Allen Prue told the cops they allegedly did, and not what really happened. At least, not all the details. Hate reading these stories, they make me even more afraid to leave the house.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

These people are heartless, no hope of ever being normal. Death penalty.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Stories like this always upset me, but it's just a little bit worse when the victim was lured in by a desire to help someone pretending to be in need. Dead because she was kind. I can't stand it.
    greysfang and Seapharris7 like this.

Elite Member

Yeah, and they knew she had a little kid. What shit heads. Not only were they killing her, but leaving a little kid alone.

There definitely has to be more to this story. This sounds like a Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka type of scenario.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My heart broke this morning when I say the story and they reported that the 2 years old showed them how the man grabbed mommy by the throat and then he said "mommy gone".
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    My heart broke this morning when I say the story and they reported that the 2 years old showed them how the man grabbed mommy by the throat and then he said "mommy gone".
    Heartbreaking. What a smart little 2 year old:

Police were called Sunday night after Jenkins' son was found alone in her vehicle. Court documents said the boy tried to tell police what happened to his mother by grabbing the back of his neck and saying "mommy cried."
    What I can't understand right now is that the police affidavit clearly indicates that the Prue couple admitted, in detail, to what they did to Jenkins. But they pleaded not guilty to 2nd-degree murder. Quite frankly, it would seem to have all the trappings of 1st-degree murder.

The other thing I was wondering was, short of the boyfriend verifying that she had gotten a call from her one-time snowplow driver, couldn't they have just checked her phone records to see who she had gotten a call from before she left the house?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    What I can't understand right now is that the police affidavit clearly indicates that the Prue couple admitted, in detail, to what they did to Jenkins. But they pleaded not guilty to 2nd-degree murder. Quite frankly, it would seem to have all the trappings of 1st-degree murder.

The other thing I was wondering was, short of the boyfriend verifying that she had gotten a call from her one-time snowplow driver, couldn't they have just checked her phone records to see who she had gotten a call from before she left the house?

I don't know how murder charges work, but I'm assuming a first degree murder charge will happen when the final autopsy result comes in, and an early second degree charge was made to keep their arses in hold up pending the toxicology results?

As for checking cell phone records before the boyfriend tipped them off - if cops worked that efficiently and warrants happened that quickly, certain kidnapping victims would be alive today.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

I HATE this story. Though I hate all senseless tragedies, but jeez--she was trying to help someone. She went OUT OF HER WAY to help someone and look what happened?

It just makes zero sense in my head. That poor 2 yr old. No Mom, has to live with the fact that he was there when the shit started (though I know he prob won't remember any of it) and just WTF was the point??? WHAT WAS THE POINT?? Because it got you off? Snuff films are your friend honey. Don't fucking hurt/kill the Mother of a 2 yr old boy in front of him.

Such bullshit.

Thread Information