Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Gay Men Arrested for ‘Buggery’ on Caribbean Cruise

Default Gay Men Arrested for ‘Buggery’ on Caribbean Cruise

A pair of 40-something California men were on a gay cruise in the Caribbean this week when police boarded their ship while it was docked in Dominica and arrested them for indecent exposure and "buggery," which is what they call sodomy there. Yesterday morning they pleaded guilty and agreed to pay a $900 fine after a Dominican magistrate called them "rogues and vagabonds."

The men escaped jailtime; their crimes could have been punishable with up to six months in prison. "We humbly apologize to the people of Dominica," the men said during the hearing.

"They were struck by the beautiful mountains, the clean and clear fresh air and were having a few cocktails, and so threw caution to the wind," their lawyer explained.

According to Time, the men were having sex on the ship when someone on the dock saw them, prompting local law enforcement to detain them. The ship—run by cruise line Celebrity Summit—has since departed, leaving the men behind.

Gay Men Arrested for 'Buggery' on Caribbean Cruise
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Utterly ridiculous.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Was their lawyer also the head of the Dominican Tourism Board? That excuse he gave was rubbish. At least this will warn other gay people not to travel to such an enlightened, forward-thinking country.
    "...to Malceski, is that the Grand Final? Sydney are Premiers!" D Cometti 29/09/2012

LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

Why would a cruise catering to gays stop at a place like that?
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

^^
    that's exactly what i was wondering.
    either way this is absolutely retarded and i hope this hurts dominica's tourism industry.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Um, I do get the impression they were fucking outside, visible from the dock. Which is kind of rude whatever gender you are. If this were an indecent exposure charge, I wouldn't have an issue. "Buggary,' however, is ridiculous.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

There are many Caribbean countries that are very homophobic. I refuse to travel to Jamaica for that very reason.

Where they had sex on the cruise ship would help me judge this a little better. Because if they were having sex on a balcony and someone saw it, then yeah, I see how this would've happened. When you travel to different countries, you have to have a basic understanding of the culture and besides, public sex is just gross to me, gay, bi, or straight.

ETA: On the deck? Hell nawl!
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; March 23rd, 2012 at 08:59 PM.

Read the whole article. I don't care if you are gay or straight-go to your cabin! They were screwing on deck in full view of everybody that glanced their way.
    They were in the wrong. Calling it buggery (which sounds like they were being cruel to flies) or call it indecent exposure like other countries matters naught. No crountry would santion this behavior!
    Even if they had done it on the high seas they might have upset other passengers. Gay does not mean you can scew like bunnies in public. Gay couples I know would have been the first to report this and would have been just as appalled.
    The cruise ship has been stopping here for years with no problem and they intend to continue stopping here. This couple was in their forties! They knew better, drunk or sober.
    The lawyer sounds lame because there was not much he could say!
    hustle4alivin, A*O and yanna like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I agree Mcjag. They were stupid to be having sex in full view of everyone. And if you're going to places with laws like that you have to be extra careful.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

But if it was a male and female I wonder if they would have been arrested for indecent exposure and vaginal penetration.
    "...to Malceski, is that the Grand Final? Sydney are Premiers!" D Cometti 29/09/2012

LOOK HOW FRESH MY SUIT IS... NUFF SAID!

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    But if it was a male and female I wonder if they would have been arrested for indecent exposure and vaginal penetration.
    Yes, count on it! Especially here. Sex on the Beach is just a drink!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gay or straight, fucking in public isn't cool.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Then they should have been given public indecency or something, not buggery. That's just archaic.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Then they should have been given public indecency or something, not buggery. That's just archaic.
    It is, but it's their laws, no matter how abhorrent we find them. You have to find out these things before you go to countries that are still stuck back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Indecent exposure and vajery!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information