Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Girl Says Parents Kept Her In Basement For Years

Default Girl Says Parents Kept Her In Basement For Years

MADISON, Wis. -- A father and stepmother were charged in connection to what Wisconsin police are calling a "significant" child abuse and neglect case involving a 15-year-old girl, reported WISN-TV.
    WISN-TV

A doctor who evaluated the girl's condition described her condition as "serial child torture," police said.Police said they are limiting the amount of details being released about the case, but they said initial contact began on Feb. 6, when a passerby found the girl walking outside without shoes or socks. She was only wearing pajamas.Mike Vega told WISN-TV that he stopped and asked the girl if she needed help. "I said are you okay? And the little girl put her hand out and grabbed the door to my car and said, 'No I'm not. I need help.'"Vega said the girl told him she was 15, but he said she looked more like 8."She was skinny, emaciated," Vega said. "You could see the bones."The girl was found only a couple of blocks from her house. She was later transported to a Madison hospital.On Feb. 8, a hospital social worker contacted police about the girl, who weighed only 70 pounds, indicating there was more to the case and further investigation was necessary. A doctor, who specializes in child abuse, examined the teen on Friday and diagnosed her condition as "serial child torture with prolonged exposure to definite starvation," according to a police incident report.The girl told authorities she was confined to the basement of the home for years.Police said the girl said she ate what she could find on the floor or in the garbage and that she was even forced to eat her own feces. She said she had been forced to live in the basement since 2006.
    update:

Stepbrother Also Charged In Starved Teen Case

POSTED: 5:48 pm CST February 16, 2012
    UPDATED: 5:51 pm CST February 16, 2012

MADISON, Wis. -- Prosecutors have charged the 18-year-old stepbrother of a severely malnourished Wisconsin girl with repeatedly sexually assaulting her beginning around her 10th birthday.
    WISN-TV

Dane County prosecutors on Thursday also filed felony child abuse and other charges against the 15-year-old girl's father and stepmother. The girl told police the couple had kept her confined to the basement since 2006 and that they beat her, starved her and forced her to eat feces.A motorist spotted the girl Feb. 6 walking barefoot in pajamas near her home and called police.The girl weighed just 70 pounds and the doctor who examined her determined she was severely malnourished.Prosecutors say the girl's stepbrother first sexually assaulted her around December 2006, then again from February 2009 to February 2010.View updates on the case at WISN-TV's website.

Read more: Stepbrother Also Charged In Starved Teen Case - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines
    kill them all

I wish I could bash their brains in! Where's a real Dexter when you need him?

Goddamn.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It's staggering what people are capable of doing to each other.

Jesus Fucking Christ. How sadistic IS that?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

good god, this poor girl.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

So awful there really are no words
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Wtf is wrong with people???

And, in addition to a claim of her being molested brought to the police years ago, there were TWO calls to child protective services about her from two separate neighbors. And was any investigation whatsoever done? Apparently fucking not. That shit boils my blood. The "don't interfere with my family, gubmint" crowd has turned child welfare agencies into chickenshits. Well that, and they get no funding.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

This is from my area. I think there were reports made 2 years ago with nothing done. I'll see if I can dig up some articles. These people are utter scum.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/...139305473.html
    Last edited by Goose; February 17th, 2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Link
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Prosecutors on Thursday charged the stepbrother of a severely malnourished Wisconsin teen with repeatedly sexually assaulting her beginning around her 10th birthday, in the same year she claims her father and stepmother began confining her to the basement.

Dane County prosecutors also charged the girl's father, 40, and stepmother, 42, with child abuse and first-degree reckless endangerment, which are felonies, as well as a misdemeanor count of neglecting a child.

The couple and the girl's stepbrother, 18, appeared in a Madison courtroom Thursday for an initial hearing.

Prosecutors allege the stepbrother first sexually assaulted the girl in December 2006, which was the month she turned 10, and again from February 2009 through February 2010. He is charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child without great bodily harm, second-degree sexual assault of a child and child abuse — all felonies.

Cash bail between $22,500 and $30,000 was set for each of the three defendants. The Associated Press is not naming the defendants to protect the girl's identity.

A woman believed to be the stepmother's sister declined to comment Wednesday when reached by phone and did not immediately respond to a phone message left Thursday at her home.

The girl has been receiving medical care and is in protective custody, police said Thursday.
    The girl, who was 70 pounds when found, gained 17 pounds as of Wednesday, the complaint said.

At least two neighbors said they had called child protective services after seeing the girl rummaging through the garbage for food or being berated by the family.

According to the Department of Children and Families, there had been 10 reports of suspected neglect, sexual abuse or physical since 2006, three of which remain pending. Those three include a Feb. 6 report — the day a passing motorist spotted the girl walking barefoot and wearing thin pajamas.

The department released few details, citing legal reasons.

Of the seven others, six were unsubstantiated or didn't meet the legal definition of abuse or neglect. The department says a May 1997 report of physical abuse was substantiated but didn't note what more happened.

According to the complaint, the girl's stepbrother tried unsuccessfully to have intercourse with her once and he forced her to perform oral sex on him more than 10 times.

She said she told her father and stepmother that the stepbrother was doing "sexual things" to her in 2006, but they thought she was lying. She told a school counselor, and in March 2007 a Dane County child protective services worker and a police detective met with her at the school.

The girl refused to tell them anything, however. The county worker met with her father and stepmother, but they refused to allow her or the police to speak to the stepbrother.

The county later received information that the stepbrother was sent to live with his grandfather to hide from investigators. The father and stepmother expected police to execute a search warrant at their house, so they tried to make the basement bedroom "not look like a dungeon," according to the complaint.

The girl told detectives that her stepmother was responsible for most of her injuries, saying the woman didn't want to marry her father because of her.

After she was transported to the hospital, the father told a doctor and a social worker that family members locked the girl in the basement because they were afraid she might hurt them. They even set up an alarm on the door, put bars on the basement windows and placed cameras on the kitchen pantry in case she tried to steal food.

The girl acknowledged to a detective she has wanted to kill the stepmother and has told her father and the stepbrother she wanted to cut them, but "it was only words."

The girl said she had run away before but her parents had always found her. She fled Feb. 6 because her stepmother threatened to throw her down the stairs headfirst or slit her throat for not picking up papers fast enough, the complaint said.

"I ran away this time because I just couldn't handle it anymore," she told doctors. "I thought she was going to hurt me and throw me down the stairs. I was afraid."

The girl told investigators she sometimes urinated and defecated in the basement because she didn't want to trip the alarm going upstairs or make anyone upset.

She said sometimes her stepmother and her father would make her eat her feces or drink her urine or rub them on her face.

The girl said her stepmother demanded to be called "your majesty" or "master." She said the stepmother told her father that if he wanted to marry her he had to give the girl to her and she was the girl's personal owner, the complaint said.

In a separate case, the stepbrother pleaded no contest last year to charges that he had sexual contact with a child. That criminal complaint says he acknowledged touching the breasts of his 13-year-old girlfriend but denied having sex. The girl told investigators the two had sex in her room about three times, and that he slept in her bed with her mother's knowledge.

The boy pleaded no contest in that case to second-degree sexual assault of a child and three related misdemeanor charges. He was sentenced to three years on probation.

Stepbrother Charged With Sexual Abuse of Wis. Teen - ABC News
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

JFC, people are such fucking monsters.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    This is from my area. I think there were reports made 2 years ago with nothing done. I'll see if I can dig up some articles. These people are utter scum.

VIDEO REPORT: DA Investigating "Severe Child Torture"
    That just made me sick! How can child welfare say she looked fine, ever? Heads need to roll over this and not just the parents & stepbrother,either. Hopefully they will never see the light of day, though I am alarmed at the low bail.
    Poor,poor babe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think the link I posted has some video, I'm going on memory here. The "father" appeared to be crying in court, but I can guaran-damn-tee that it was only because he was caught.

The step mother looks to be around 400 pounds, wheeled around in a wheel chair, and a face that could give puppies nightmares. She just seems to exude pure evil.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

all kinds of messed up.

the stepbrother was 12ish when he started molesting her...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information