Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teen Killer Who Bragged About ‘Killing People’ on MySpace Sentenced to Life

Default Teen Killer Who Bragged About ‘Killing People’ on MySpace Sentenced to Life

Teen Killer Who Bragged About ‘Killing People’ on MySpace Sentenced to Life

Alyssa Bustamante—the 18-year-old Missouri girl who, at 15, confessed to murdering a 9-year-old neighbor and bragged about "killing people" on MySpace—has been sentenced to life in prison.

After pleading guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action, the now-18-year-old Bustamante listened as the prosecution read entries from her diary at her sentencing hearing on Monday. Here's what Alyssa wrote on the night of the murder:
    I just fucking killed someone. I strangled them and slit their throat and stabbed them now they're dead. I don't know how to feel atm. It was ahmazing. As soon as you get over the "ohmygawd I can't do this" feeling, it's pretty enjoyable. I'm kinda nervous and shaky though right now. Kay, I gotta go to church now…lol.

Apparently the church event was a youth dance for Mormons. The prosecution presented evidence that Alyssa hid a knife in her backpack, then used her little sister to lure 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten (pictured) out of her home. The teen killer told Elizabeth she had a "surprise" for her in nearby woods. The surprise was murder, followed by burial in a shallow grave. Bustamante's lawyers argued for leniency, pointing out that the girl was born to teen drug addicts who abandoned her. (Her father went to jail; her mother turned over legal custody to Alyssa's grandparents.) She attempted suicide at 13; her doctor had increased her Prozac dose two weeks before the murder. The judge ultimately gave Alyssa the maximum sentence for her crimes, life in prison with the possibility of parole in 35 years.

Teen Killer Who Bragged About 'Killing People' on MySpace Sentenced to Life
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Holy shit! 15 and planning something like this. Very disturbing.

I remember this case. That girl is pure evil.

How does being born to drug addicts, who "abandon" you, in any way explain homicidal behaviour? Wouldn't being "raised" by drug addicts make a better so-called excuse?

Anyway, good for the judge. This murderer killed because she liked it.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

^^ it's not an excuse, but she obviously has mental problems if she tried to kill herself at 13 and took prozac.

i'm not sure how to feel about this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I thinks she's a sociopath and good for the judge's sentence. I hope she never sets foot outside prison ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    How does being born to drug addicts, who "abandon" you, in any way explain homicidal behaviour? Wouldn't being "raised" by drug addicts make a better so-called excuse?
    There was this guy, Juan Dixon, who born to, and was raised by, drug addicts who both died of AIDS by the time he was 17. And he was then raised by is grandparents. Instead of going out an killing someone for fun, he went on to lead the University of Maryland to the NCAA Championship, and then play for the NBA for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    It doesn't. It's just mitigation thrown out there by the defense in the hopes of lightening her sentence even a little bit. And her attorneys are covering their bases to avoid an ineffective assistance of counsel complaint or argument in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    There was this guy, Juan Dixon, who born to, and was raised by, drug addicts who both died of AIDS by the time he was 17. And he was then raised by is grandparents. Instead of going out an killing someone for fun, he went on to lead the University of Maryland to the NCAA Championship, and then play for the NBA for 9 years.
    ^ Happy stories - wish there were more news stories like these. Thanks Mohandas.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

exception to the rule. most people raised in fucked up homes will be fucked up in some way too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Not only that, for all we know, Juan Dixon could secretly be the "Dexter" of the NBA.

Hope she never gets out. Can you imagine having her as a neighbor or coworker? I don't care if she is 50.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ it's not an excuse, but she obviously has mental problems if she tried to kill herself at 13 and took prozac.

i'm not sure how to feel about this.

Look at it this way: whatever drove her round the bend, it lead to her slaughtering an innocent child. IMO you don't recover from that. She's broken. End of story. Lock her up and keep the rest of us safe from her.

She looks stunning in prison green. I hope it fits her for a long time.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Not only that, for all we know, Juan Dixon could secretly be the "Dexter" of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Look at it this way: whatever drove her round the bend, it lead to her slaughtering an innocent child. IMO you don't recover from that. She's broken. End of story. Lock her up and keep the rest of us safe from her.
    'Zactly. She's not only a sociopath. She's a serial killer. End of story, really. I can't think of a single known one of THOSE who's ever been cured/fixed/rehabilitated--at least, not to the point where it made the least bit of sense paroling them. I mean, look at Ed Kemper, a local guy whose story I remember well because it went down when I was a little kid around here.

By pure chance, small world stuff, I know a couple of people who've worked with him in prison. He's got a perfect record, I mean absolutely perfect, forty years running. He's won awards for charity work. He's utterly trusted within the facility and has the run of the place. The people I know who've worked with him say he's a genuinely kind, nice guy. He even seriously lobbied for years in the '70s to be given a lobotomy, because he felt it would neuter his violent impulses and allow him to be normal, even happy.

He's eligible for parole again this year. But will he ever get it? Noooo.

(At least, I don't think so....the parole board could have a surprise in store for we who live right down the road...*gulp*)

I believe serial murder is a complex personality disorder, and any sort of cure is a looooong way down the road--if ever. Not in her lifetime imho. It's not just upbringing and prenatal environment; genetics clearly play a part, or every abused child would turn into Ed Gein or Aileen Wuornos.

This girl...a GIRL, too, that is unusual enough, but then also starting out SO young, and already SO vicious and so blatantly lacking in remorse....she is terrifying. Have you guys seen the video she uploaded who YouTube--where she's sadistically trying to get her little brothers to touch an electrified fence and laughing at them? She makes Casey Anthony look like Carol Burnett. I'm sorry for her pain--serial killers are usually miserable people. But she's right where she needs to be.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information