Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Day NY Host Greg Kelly Accused of Sexual Assault!!

Default Good Day NY Host Greg Kelly Accused of Sexual Assault!!

Woman accuses Greg Kelly, son of police comissioner and ‘Good Day New York’ co-host, of raping her

‘Good Day New York’ co-host is no-show on program

Comments By Rocco Parascandola, Richard Huff, Mark Morales, Melissa Grace, Philip Caulfield AND Kevin Deutsch / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 7:49 AM

Updated: Thursday, January 26, 2012, 11:19 AM

Charles Eshelman/FilmMagic

Greg Kelly, right, with co-host Rosanna Scotto and actor Chazz Palminteri on set of ‘Good Day New York.’

Related Stories

Richard Corkery/New York Daily News

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly, his wife, Veronica, and their son Greg.

“Good Day New York” co-host Greg Kelly — son of Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly — was a no-show on the program Thursday morning after reports that a Manhattan woman had accused him of rape.
    The woman told cops she had drinks with Kelly, 43, at the South Street Seaport Oct. 8 before he sexually assaulted her in the law office where she worked, sources said.

The accuser, who is around 30, did not report the alleged assault until Tuesday night, when she walked into the 13th Precinct stationhouse and gave her account, sources said.

Cops interviewed the woman, but because of the conflict created by probing the commissioner’s son, they quickly turned the case over to the office of Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Jr.

Greg Kelly’s co-host, Rosanna Scotto, expressed her support for him as she walked into the FOX studios about 5:30 a.m.

"I love Greg. That's all I can say," Scotto said.

“Good Day New York” ran reports on the rape allegation and noted Greg Kelly’s denial but did not disclose his status with the program or explain why he wasn’t on the air.

Steve Lacey, the anchor of the early newscast, filled in for Kelly during the broadcast.

Scotto appeared more somber than usual, at one point remarking, "We need a distraction."

In an awkward moment, reporter Tai Hernandez said during a report from the field, "Thank you, Greg," and then, realizing her mistake, said "Steve."
    A source said Greg Kelly was “not going anywhere today.”

He has not been criminally charged.

The police commissioner became aware of the accusation against his son when a man, claiming to be her boyfriend — apparently enraged over the alleged attack — recently approached the commissioner at a public event.
    “He said, ‘Your son ruined my girlfriend’s life,” said NYPD spokesman Paul Browne. “The commissioner said ‘Well, what do you mean?’ He said he didn’t want to talk about it here so the commissioner told him to send a letter.”

Browne said he was unsure if the man ever sent a letter.

The woman told cops she met Greg Kelly on the street and decided to go for drinks, sources said.

It was unclear why she waited more than three months to make a report.
    Greg Kelly, 43, denied the accusation in a statement by his lawyer, Andrew M. Lankler, Wednesday evening.
    “Mr. Kelly is aware that the New York County district attorney’s office is conducting an investigation,” the statement said. “Mr. Kelly strenuously denies any wrongdoing of any kind, and is cooperating fully with the district attorney’s investigation. We know the district attorney’s investigation will prove Mr. Kelly’s innocence.”
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

This seems strange.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I know, right? Three months later. There is no physical evidence at this point.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Woman Accuses New York Police Commissioner’s Son of Rape

The Manhattan district attorney’s office is investigating an accusation that Greg Kelly, a local television anchor who is a son of Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly, raped a young woman in Lower Manhattan last October, law enforcement officials and Greg Kelly’s lawyer said Wednesday.

Police detectives initially interviewed the woman late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, one of the law enforcement officials said.

But because of the conflict presented by the Police Department’s investigating a sexual assault accusation against the commissioner’s son, the case was handed over on Wednesday to the office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr.

Mr. Kelly, 43, denied the accusation in a statement by his lawyer, Andrew M. Lankler, that was released Wednesday evening.

“Mr. Kelly is aware that the New York County District Attorney’s office is conducting an investigation,” the statement said. “Mr. Kelly strenuously denies any wrongdoing of any kind, and is cooperating fully with the district attorney’s investigation. We know the district attorney’s investigation will prove Mr. Kelly’s innocence.”

Mr. Kelly did not appear on Thursday morning on the television show on which he is an anchor.

Paul J. Browne, the deputy commissioner of public information at the Police Department, referred most questions about the case to Mr. Vance’s office. Mr. Vance declined to comment.

The woman, who is in her late 20s or early 30s, walked into the 13th Precinct station house with her sister sometime after 8 p.m. on Tuesday and made her complaint, according to one of the law enforcement officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the continuing investigation and the sensitivity of discussing accusations against the police commissioner’s son.

The woman told the police that she met the younger Mr. Kelly on the street and that the two went to South Street Seaport for drinks on Oct. 8. They then proceeded to her office at a Lower Manhattan law firm. The woman told the police that the rape occurred at the office. The two continued to have contact by phone and text message after the encounter.

According to the woman’s account, when her boyfriend later learned about the night, he became angry. He then approached the police commissioner at a public event and told him that the younger Mr. Kelly had sexually assaulted his girlfriend.

The commissioner, according to the woman’s account, told him to write a letter. It was unclear if the man did so.

Commissioner Kelly’s account of his encounter with the boyfriend is similar, though according to Mr. Browne, the man told the commissioner that his son had “ruined my girlfriend’s life” but declined it to discuss it there. So the commissioner suggested that he write the letter.

Mr. Kelly, who is currently a co-anchor of “Good Day New York” on the Fox station WNYW (Channel 5), is a former NY1 political reporter. He served as a fighter pilot for nine years in the United States Marine Corps and holds the rank of major in the Reserves.

A few minutes after “Good Day New York” began on Thursday, one of the anchors reported the account of the accusation against Mr. Kelly and his lawyer’s statement was shown on the screen. No explanation was given for Mr. Kelly’s absence from the show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/ny...tion.html?_r=1
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Did she go out for a night of star-fucking, and now she feels guilty about it?
    Could this be a shakedown?
    I know Greg is strange, but I would not wish this on anyone.

Man I hope this is not true. Greg is awesome on the Soup.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I watch this morning show, and yes, he's a little strange. But this story is strange too. I'd like to see the texts that they were sending after the alleged rape.

I don't know on this one, I need more. I don't like to doubt a woman who says rape, but I don't want to see someone falsely accused.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

It sounds just a bit like she got caught by her beau and decided it was rape. Who keeps in contact with their attacker?
    Either way, unless she changes her story , the rest of his life is ruined by this accusation. Fine if he deserves it, horrible if he does not.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I know someone who was raped by an acquaintance. She didn't tell anyone for months either. She was so consumed with guilt ("why did I did do this," "why didn't I do that"), that she half convinced herself it was all her fault. She tried to take the blame and then move on as if nothing happened. She also had a boyfriend and was afraid if she told him, he'd leave her.

Eventually it came out, but denial can be a strong defense mechanism when one is traumatized.

Was he the guy who told the weatherman to "keep f*ckin that chicken" on air? Or was that a different anchorman?

Lol, that was a different guy. Same channel.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Lol, that was a different guy. Same channel.
    Not guilty then! I would look into that chicken-obessed anchor, though. Who knows what he would try with a human.

Nooooooo, I hope this isn't true because he creates gold for The Soup.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I love Greg and Rosanna on this show. I sincerely hope it's not true - but if it is...let justice prevail.

Yes, please New York people keep the rest of us posted on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information