Thread: World’s Worst Paramedic Sexually Assaults Woman While Heading to Hospital

Default World’s Worst Paramedic Sexually Assaults Woman While Heading to Hospital

On Christmas day, a 22-year-old woman from Connecticut drank a little too much at a party and fell backwards into a mirror, hitting her head. She was knocked unconscious so fellow party-goers called an ambulance, but spending the day in the hospital isn't what turned her holiday into a nightmare. The woman says that while she was strapped down in the back of an ambulance, a paramedic sexually assaulted her.

According to the Hartford Courant, Mark D. Powell has admitted to the crime, though it took him quite a time to come clean. The woman says that en route to Yale-New Haven Hospital, she felt a man "forcefully manipulating her breasts with his hands and pinched her nipples, causing pain." Then he put his hand down her pants and put his finger in her vagina.

After she was out of the hospital, the woman started to piece together what had happened to her. She talked to friends and her mother, but was concerned about coming forward because she didn't have proof and she'd been drinking. The woman's mother says she told her, "I know it happened. I was drunk, but not drunk to the point where I'd lose my memory."

At first Powell denied anything had happened, but eventually he admitted to the crime — after he'd tried to cook up plausible explanations for what he'd done. He said he pinched her nipple to "apply pain stimuli as he'd seen nurses do in the hospital." Her vagina "became accidentally exposed," and we can't really expect medical professionals to not sexually assault patients when their private areas are visible. Powell later told police that "he inserted his right middle finger into the female's vagina up to the first knuckle," and at one point said "I just diddled it."

Powell was charged with sexual assault and unlawful restraint, and is already out on bail. He says he "made a mistake and a serious lapse in judgment," and never did anything like this before — though hearing that this happened even once is sufficiently horrifying.

World's Worst Paramedic Sexually Assaults Woman While Heading to Hospital
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

oh god how horrible. poor woman.

but i'm sorry to say i giggled when he used the word 'diddle'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

What the actual fuck, don't they have psych evaluations for medical personnel?

ETA: Well not the actual fuck
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Sick, sick fuck. Hope he becomes everyone's bitch in prison.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Oh gross! Also... This fuckball is gonna make it more difficult for all people who do his job, not to mention the people who need the people who do his job!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    What the actual fuck, don't they have psych evaluations for medical personnel?
    I thiiiiiiink I remember taking some sort of psych eval when applying to nursing school. But I've got so much info crammed up here when it comes to getting in/graduating/taking boards I can't be held to this memory with 100% accuracy. I've certainly met some batshit-crazy medical personnel in my time (including MD's). But I wouldn't even know about paramedics. Most of the ones I deal with are superb.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    oh god how horrible. poor woman.

but i'm sorry to say i giggled when he used the word 'diddle'.
    I'm embarrassed to say me too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^ Me three.

god, WTF is wrong with people?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    ^ Me three.
    Me four.

However, this story makes me angry.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I've heard quiet a few stories about paramedics robbing patients before so it doesn't really surprise me that someone would go one further and assault a patient.

Thread Information