Thread: Woman dressed as a hospital worker attempts to smuggle a baby out in her purse

Default Woman dressed as a hospital worker attempts to smuggle a baby out in her purse

Accused baby snatcher denied bond - CBS Atlanta 46

Accused baby snatcher denied bond

The teen accused of trying to kidnap a baby girl from a Clayton County hospital was denied bond after her court appearance Thursday afternoon.

The incident happened just before 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Women's Life Center at Southern Regional Hospital in Riverdale.

Police arrested Naquelle Ballard, 19, a short time later in Lake City and took her to the Clayton County Jail.

Ballard did not answer questions as she was loaded into a police patrol car.

According to Ballard's Twitter page she is pregnant.

Ballard recently tweeted, "I'm putting childish things away, cus I got a child on the way."

Amanda Bartlett, a spokeswoman for the hospital, said a woman attempted to take a baby, but alarms went off. Bartlett said she couldn't describe how the system worked, for security reasons.

Hospital staff members were able to get the baby, who was uninjured, and never left the hospital.

"We as an organization are very pleased that not only did the security system work but our employees stepped in. Everything went according to plan," Bartlett said. "The baby's fine and she's with mom."

CBS Atlanta went by Ballard's house Thursday morning in Morrow. She lives just two doors down from an elementary school and in a neighborhood full of children. No one at the home would answer questions.

"It makes you weary. And I'm definitely going to hold them closer while we're here and watch them a little bit more because you just never know," said Rebecca Brinson. Brinson lives across the street from Ballard and has two small children of her own.

Ballard is charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment. her next court date is Jan. 17. She is eligible for a court appointed attorney.

Police: Teen miscarried, hid stolen baby in purse | www.wsbtv.com

CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga. ó Police say a 19-year-old who tried to steal a newborn from a Riverdale hospital previously miscarried and tried to cover it up.

Naquelle Ballard was arrested Wednesday morning after employees at the Southern Regional Hospital confronted her about tripping the infant alarm system, Clayton County police said. When she fled without the 2 day old girl, police said they tracked her down and charged her with kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Officers said Ballard admitted to buying scrubs at Walmart and pretending to work at the hospital. In her disguise, she went to the hospital and asked the mother if she was ready for the baby to be returned to the nursery, detectives said. They said Ballard then took the child and put her in her purse. Hospital personnel struggled with her and got the purse and baby back.

Police said Ballard told them she miscarried and didnít tell her boyfriend. Instead, she told him she had the baby and planned on presenting him the abducted baby, police said. She told them she didnít know about the infant alarm system, police said.

Ballard was denied bond at first court appearance on Thursday afternoon. Her next court date is set for Jan. 18.

Why does she look like Little Wayne with a wig on?

Naquelle?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^^^^
    that was my first thought, too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well, I guess if you really want something, just take it. Even if it's a child.

Silver Member

She looks like Weezy
    I'm a motherfucker and sell candles

Amanda Bartlett, a spokeswoman for the hospital, said a woman attempted to take a baby, but alarms went off. Bartlett said she couldn't describe how the system worked, for security reasons.
    It'll be like the beginning of that Indiana Jones movie. Naquelle stroked her chin thoughtfully as she sized up the child and hefted her bag of sand. Unfortunately she misjudged.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm wondering if it's a creative spelling of

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

She put the kid in her purse? Oy. The stupidity just burns.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    It'll be like the beginning of that Indiana Jones movie. Naquelle stroked her chin thoughtfully as she sized up the child and hefted her bag of sand. Unfortunately she misjudged.
    I nearly choked when I read that. I DID lol at the mental image.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I bet that baby's Mom is one happy camper. That whole thing is creepy to me. She must have been on Nyquil!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    that was my first thought, too.
    It was mine too which is worrying given the severity of the crime but...Naquelle? Sounds like some blow up sex doll's name

$5 bet that the lunatic was never preggers, just lying to keep some guy. Psycho bitch.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    It was mine too which is worrying given the severity of the crime but...Naquelle? Sounds like some blow up sex doll's name
    sounds like hair gel to me. hair gel for blow up sex dolls maybe?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information