Thread: Idiot gets daughter killed caring for sex-offender dad

Default Idiot gets daughter killed caring for sex-offender dad

I've been hearing about this story over the last several days. Every time I look it up, there is some other, even worse wrinkle in it. So, the basic story is that this woman moved her family into a run-down trailer park to care for her dad - who was a convicted sex offender and just died a few weeks ago. The trailer park is basically a hell filled with convicted child sex offenders (over half the units) - one of the highest concentrations anywhere. Basically, you couldn't pick a WORSE place to safeguard your children. Nobody checked into the background of the guy they left the kids with.

I also don't understand why the kids were with this guy just because the mom had the flu.

Scene of 9-year-old girl's killing a haven for sex offenders

Allen Count, Ind., Sheriff's Office
    Michael Len Plumadore was held without bond after his arrest Monday night in the death of Aliahna Lemmon, 9.

By M. Alex Johnson, msnbc.com
    Updated at 7:57 p.m. ET: Michael Len Plumadore, the man accused of killing and dismembering 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon at his home in Fort Wayne, Ind., has been on the run for 11 years for battery of a Florida law enforcement officer.
    Florida Department of Correction records show that Plumadore, now 39, fled the state after he was sentenced to a year in prison in May 2000. Details of the incident in Miami Beach weren't immediately available.
    Updated at 6:45 p.m. ET: The Associated Press, quoting one of the 15 sex offenders living at Northway Woods, reported that Aliahna Lemmon's mother had recently moved to the trailer park to take care of her father, James E. Lemmon, a convicted sex offender who had emphysema.
    James Lemmon died Dec. 3 at age 66, Oberlin-Turnbull Funeral Home of Hamilton said. State prison records show that he was convicted March 6, 2006, of child molestation.
    The official cause of Aliahna's death was pending completion of an autopsy Wednesday, but a preliminary coroner's report concluded that "the manner of death was homicide."
    Original post: The Indiana trailer park that was home to 9-year-old Aliahna Lemmon whose dismembered body was found this week is also home to an extraordinary number of registered sex offenders, police and court records show.
    An affidavit filed Tuesday by Allen County sheriff's investigators said Michael Len Plumadore, 39, of the Northway Woods trailer park in Fort Wayne, confessed to having killed and dismembered Aliahna on Friday. Her head, hands and feet were found in a freezer in Plumadore's home; the rest of her body was scattered elsewhere in the area.
    Plumadore was held without bail Tuesday pending formal charges.
    Plumadore lives in the same trailer park as Aliahna who a relative said was partly blind and deaf and her two younger sisters, and he often baby-sat for them. The girls had been staying with Plumadore for about a week because their mother was ill.
    advertisement

advertisement

The affidavit doesn't say why Plumadore would have wanted to kill Aliahna. He isn't on the county's sex offender registry court records show only convictions for trespassing, assault and auto theft in Florida and North Carolina.
    Northway Woods is one of an increasing number of isolated locations around the country that have become havens for registered sex offenders, who in most states must not live within a certain distance of places where children congregate, such as schools and churches.
    The Allen County sheriff's registry shows that 15 sex offenders live at Northway Woods, a small mobile home park with 54 lots, only about 25 of which are occupied. Among them are men with multiple felony convictions for sexual abuse of a minor and child molestation.
    In other words, three-fifths of the occupied units house a registered sex offender. That's an extraordinary concentration in Indiana, which has only 137 registered sex offenders per 100,000 population the third-lowest ratio among all 50 states, according to data compiled by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
    Sex offender registry map from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children(.pdf)
    Seven other registered offenders live within 2 miles of the trailer park, the registry shows meaning nearly 5 percent of all of the county's 537 registered sex offenders live within a short walk of one another.
    "You see it on TV all the time in other states, in other places, but this is in our own backyard," said Kathleen McKee, who lives in the Northway Woods park. "It's in our own home, and it's scary."
    "I feel for the family, because I have three children myself two daughters and a son," McKee told NBC station WISE of Fort Wayne. "I can't imagine what that family is feeling, especially around Christmas time."
    advertisement

advertisement

Before he was arrested, Plumadore gave a brief interview Monday morning to WISE. The station hasn't aired the interview, but it reported that Plumadore said he was going in to take a polygraph test and that he, too, was eager to find Aliahna.
    WISE constructed and aired this timeline of the hours leading up to Plumadore's arrest:

They play up the 'registered sex offenders' bit repeatedly, but the suspect isn't one. Nice attempt by the press to stir up a sex offender lynch mob and push an agenda.

Northway Woods is one of an increasing number of isolated locations around the country that have become havens for registered sex offenders, who in most states must not live within a certain distance of places where children congregate, such as schools and churches.
    Well, yeah, that's what is going to happen. If there are limited places they can go geographically then you'll end up with sex offender ghettos (in the ww2 sense of the word).
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Just a horrifying story, regardless. That poor little girl....my God.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    They play up the 'registered sex offenders' bit repeatedly, but the suspect isn't one. Nice attempt by the press to stir up a sex offender lynch mob and push an agenda.
    I think it's still kind of up in the air just what/who this guy is. I didn't know until this morning that he had been on the lam from the police for 11 years. What other offenses he may have committed between then and now are kind of unclear. Ironically, the guy that Plumadore had been caring for (the kids' grandfather) had also been a babysitter for kids, one of whom he was later convicted of molesting.

I heard that this guy might be a sex offender. That there might be a different name that he's registered under. Still, if I were this mother, my father would have died alone in that trailer before I brought my three children there to take care of his child molesting ass. Apparently, the mother knew that this area was filled with other sex offenders. And what kind of man was this mother married to? He sleeps during the day so he can't pitch in? Unbelievable. All kinds of WTF.

I'm sick to my stomach. Of course he targetted the partially sighted, partially deaf child. Predators often target the physically or mentally disabled. This monster may not have had a record, but the MO fits.

I also agree fully with KrisNine - there's no shame in leaving a child-molesting family member to rot. Predators aren't a part (therefore deserving) of humanity.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Aliahna and her two younger sisters were staying with Plumadore for about one week because their mother had been sick with the flu.

Richard Patee, 58, whose trailer is next to where Plumadore was living, said he didn't think it was odd that Aliahna's mother had him watching the girls for an extended period.

"They had known each other for somewhere of three to four years, I know that, and he took care of their grandfather," Patee said. "I didn't see any reason to question it at all."

Shumaker said it wasn't unusual for Plumadore to watch Souders' children "because the kids liked him." Souders and Aliahna were listed among nearly 600 friends on a Facebook page listed under Plumadore's name that said he was "Self Employed and Loving It!", and enjoyed fantasy novels.

Mother of slain girl worried about neighbors in trailer park - chicagotribune.com
    Sadly, like most children who are brutalized, it was by someone she and her family knew, not a stranger. The greatest risk to children comes from those closest to them, their family members and close friends of the family.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information