Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USC student charged with muder

Default USC student charged with muder

Has anyone read or heard about this case? This morning is the first I have heard of it. Apparently this 21 year old student tossed her baby in the trash and they are charging her with murder and child abuse. She is in jail under a 2 million dollar bond. Her lawyer is having a shit fit cause the bond is so high...whatever-this idiot says that if the baby was stillborn--there is no case! Pretty much he is saying it is ok just to toss a dead baby in the trash cause it wasn't ALIVE at the time...is our justice system really that fucked up?
    Oh, check this-she was investigated in 2004 for-guess what? Tossing a stillborn child into the garbage....

this is just so sad. i really hope that this woman is put in jail.

yesterday i heard a story about an 8lb 8 oz baby being found alive (thank god) in a trash bin at a cleveland mall. i guess it doesn't surprise me. we constitutionally allow abortion, which is essentially throwing away human life..what difference does it make if it's born or not?
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

Personally, I'm opposed to late-term abortions except in extreme cases, but unless you want ERs jammed with women with pus and blood leaking from their vaginas, gangrene, sepsis, etc....we'll have to keep abortion legal.

I agree - I think there is a big difference between a late-term abortion and an earlier one. If we get rid of abortions, there will just be more people doing it in back alleys with coat hangers, or flying to Mexico to have it done, and having to suffer for unsanitary conditions, improperly done proceedures, etc. That being said, I hate the fact that some women choose to use abortions as birth control to the point where they have had several, just because they don't want to bother with birth control. Personally, I would rather pay for abortions (through tax money) for women who make mistakes and get pregnant, instead of forcing them to go through with it and having yet another kid born in bad circumstances, that may end up becoming another statistic. I would think being an unwanted child must be the worst feeling in the world, one that really messes up your head.
    Keep passing the open windows.

I'm not a huge fan of abortion, but I'd rather keep it safe and legal than deal with the alternative. My mom came of age in Texas when abortion was illegal...she has STORIES, y'all. She's conservative and a Catholic, but she's pro-choice for a reason.

This was a full term baby. Prelim investigation says baby was born alive...the thing that blows my mind is last year-last year this same girl was accused of throwing away a stillborn baby...and they act like cause the baby was DEAD it was no biggie. Oh-it was dead anyway-gonna be incenerated anyway-why punish her cause she saved some time...
    I think this woman is old enough to know better-she is 21, not 12 and should be held accountable for her actions...if they don't put her in jail for a long time, she will do this again.
    She went around for 9 months TWICE without anyone knowing she was pregnant and threw the babies away. What about birth control? Adoption or abortion? Anything would be better than carrying a baby to term and then thrwowing it in the fucking garbage-
    I'm sorry, but I would love to be alone with this woman-beat her ass and then throw her in the stink of a dumpster like she did her 2 children

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    This was a full term baby. Prelim investigation says baby was born alive...the thing that blows my mind is last year-last year this same girl was accused of throwing away a stillborn baby...and they act like cause the baby was DEAD it was no biggie. Oh-it was dead anyway-gonna be incenerated anyway-why punish her cause she saved some time...
    I think this woman is old enough to know better-she is 21, not 12 and should be held accountable for her actions...if they don't put her in jail for a long time, she will do this again.
    She went around for 9 months TWICE without anyone knowing she was pregnant and threw the babies away. What about birth control? Adoption or abortion? Anything would be better than carrying a baby to term and then thrwowing it in the fucking garbage-
    I'm sorry, but I would love to be alone with this woman-beat her ass and then throw her in the stink of a dumpster like she did her 2 children

There may not be a law against throwing a stillborn baby's body into a dumpster. I wouldn't be surprised if it's technically legal in many countries.

If it was born dead and it can be proven that it was born dead...what crime has she actually committed?

If she goes to jail she'll be battered by the other inmates, child abusers are never popular amungst the other jail birds!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara View Post
    If she goes to jail she'll be battered by the other inmates, child abusers are never popular amungst the other jail birds!

But does it count as child abuse if the child was born dead? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    But does it count as child abuse if the child was born dead? C'mon.
    I dunno but its certainly disrespectful! It all depends on what state of mind the girl was in I suppose, she might be extremely unstable and didn't know how to deal with this situation?

I dunno Im just trying to be clever, maybe I should just stick to what I know!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

I dunno but its certainly disrespectful! It all depends on what state of mind the girl was in I suppose, she might be extremely unstable and didn't know how to deal with this situation?

I dunno Im just trying to be clever, maybe I should just stick to what I know!

Disrespectful, sure. Illegal? Hard to say. It probably isn't in many states; don't know if California is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by disruptivehair View Post
    Disrespectful, sure. Illegal? Hard to say. It probably isn't in many states; don't know if California is one of them.
    Its just such a strange situation I dunno what to think.

Theres so many ways you can look at it if you think of it from different peoples point of view.

When I first hear a girl dumps a baby (dead or alive) in a bin I automatically think sick bitch. But then the more you think about it it just seems weird. Im interested to know what the outcome is

Yeah, I think it is child abuse even if the baby was dead. It was a living being at one time, even if it wasn't breathing when it was born. It deserved to be treated with respect-no matter what. We all want to argue that a baby isn't a "person" until a certain time-I say bullshit...that baby (in utero) was alive. It moved, breathed and yeah-I think it thought...
    If they try to charge and prosecute pregnant women who abuse drugs for child abuse, why not one who dumps her baby?
    Even if they don't charge this woman and she doesn't go to jail, she should be required to get some help. She obviously has some problems. She has done this twice in 2 years. That is what bothers me-she did this last year and was not punished for it so she thinks she can just have a baby and do away with it...how is that normal? How can she think that is right-whether the baby is dead or alive.

Its just such a strange situation I dunno what to think.

Theres so many ways you can look at it if you think of it from different peoples point of view.

When I first hear a girl dumps a baby (dead or alive) in a bin I automatically think sick bitch. But then the more you think about it it just seems weird. Im interested to know what the outcome is

If it's alive, sick bitch. If it's dead...well...she shouldn't have done it, but I don't think we should waste taxpayer money putting her in prison. Maybe she needs some counseling instead, and a tubal ligation to boot.

Ye I think you're right DH, as usual!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information