Thread: Presumed Victim of John Wayne Gacy Is Alive

fgg

Default Presumed Victim of John Wayne Gacy Is Alive

Presumed Victim of John Wayne Gacy Is Alive

For 33 years, his family feared the worst that he might have been a victim of Chicago serial killer John Wayne Gacy. Turns out Harold Wayne Lovell was just living in Florida.

Lovell, 53, was reunited with his family this week after police finally tracked him down, decades after he failed to return from a construction job, Chicago's NBC affiliate reports.

Lovell says he didn't know his family thought he was dead. "It's very emotional, it still is," he said of the reunion. "It's been two days, and I'm still crying."

Lovell left Chicago for Florida because of a "family situation," saying he "couldn't stay around the house any longer." But it was a scene of joy when he caught up with his siblings in Alabama this week.

"I almost gave up hope in the late '90s," said Lovell's brother, Tim, 48. "I dreamed about it. I've only had maybe a 1 percent inkling that I'd ever, ever see my brother again, and here we are. It's just amazing."

Harold Lovell says he did do occasional yard work for Gacy, who was executed in 1994 for murdering at least 33 boys and young men in the '70s. "A few times, he actually tried to get me into the house, but I wouldn't go," says Lovell. "And thank God that I didn't."

One bittersweet element to the story, though, is that Lovell's mother Kathy died not knowing her son was still alive.

"It's heartbreaking, because the mother never gave up," says Cook County sheriff Tom Dart. "We would love to have been able to talk with his mom before she died and said, 'Your worst dreams about him being a victim of this monster? It didn't happen! He's alive, and we found him.' "

John Wayne Gacy: Presumed Victim Harold Wayne Lovell Alive : People.com
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

How could he just disappear like that and not know that his family would assume the worst? Especially after the Gacy murders came to light. Maybe it's cynical, but I think he was fine with them thinking he was dead. He had to have known they would assume as much if he worked there and disappeared around the time of the crimes.

Ditto for me, southernbelle. How could you just make the decision to disappear from everything and everyone you know, and not think someone you left behind just MIGHT wonder what the hell happened to you? Bitch, please.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

If I was his brother I wouldn't be so welcoming back, I would punch him in the face for being such a selfish dick!
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

You would have to either hate, or have total disregard for, people in your family to pull a stunt like that. Someone in my wife's side of the family - an uncle - did that and when he finally got around to calling in, two of his sisters had already died.

And one thing I've learned from these serial killer stories is to never give your son the middle name Wayne.

From the News of the Weird, a partial list of murderers with the middle name Wayne:

Timothy Wayne Adams (Texas); Thomas Wayne Akers (North Carolina); Stephen Wayne Anderson (California)*; Joshua Wayne Andrews (Virginia); David Wayne Arisman (California); Timothy Wayne Barnett (Alabama); Gerald Wayne Bivins (Indiana); Scott Wayne Blystone (Pennsylvania); Steven Wayne Bowman (South Carolina); Ricky Wayne Brown (Florida); Michael Wayne Brown (Oklahoma); Bradley Wayne Cagle (Texas); Seth Wayne Campbell (Texas); Darren Wayne Campbell (Oregon); Mark Wayne Campmire (Connecticut); Ronald Wayne Clark, Jr. (Florida); Douglas Wayne Clark (Texas); Darryl Wayne Claughton (Alberta); Kevin Wayne Coffey (Texas); Michael Wayne Cole (North Carolina); Joseph Wayne Cook (North Carolina); Billy Wayne Cope (South Carolina); Alvin Wayne Crane (Texas)*; David Wayne Crews (Tennessee); Donald Wayne Darling II (Alabama); Christopher Wayne Davis (Louisiana); Gary Wayne Davis (Kentucky); Jerry Wayne Dean (Kentucky); Gary Wayne Drinkard (Arizona) (ACQUITTED at retrial after 5 years on death row); Aryan Wayne Duntley (California); John Wayne Duvall (Oklahoma)*; Dennis Wayne Eaton (Virginia)*; Dale Wayne Eaton (Colorado); Michael Wayne Eggers (Alabama); Gary Wayne Etheridge (Texas); Michael Wayne Farmer (Maryland); Ellis Wayne Felker (Georgia)*; Michael Wayne Fisher (Pennsylvania); Terry Wayne Freeman (Illinois); Percy Wayne Froman (Alabama); Ronald Wayne Frye (North Carolina)*; Morris Wayne Givens (Alabama); Richard Wayne Godwin (Oregon); Arthur Wayne Goodman, Jr. (Texas); Richard Wayne Gorrie (New Zealand); Jeffrey Wayne Gorton (Michigan); Coleman Wayne Gray (Virginia)*; Christopher Wayne Gregory (Texas); Ralph Wayne Grimes (Kentucky); Anthony Wayne Grimm (Illinois); Randall Wayne Hafdahl (Texas)*; Conan Wayne Hale (Oregon); Kenneth Wayne Hall Sr. (South Carolina); Michael Wayne Hall (Texas); Steven Wayne Hall (Alabama); Jerald Wayne Harjo (Oklahoma)*; Robert Wayne Harris (Texas); Carl Wayne Heath (Maine); Brandon Wayne Hedrick (Virginia); Michael Wayne Henry (Texas); Rodney Wayne Henry (Kansas); Donald Wayne Holt (Maryland); Bryant Wayne Howard (Oregon); Kenneth Wayne Jackson (Texas); Allen Wayne Jenecka (Texas)*; Mark Wayne Jennings (Virginia); Robert Wayne Jiles (New York); Terry Wayne Johnson (Florida); Jason Wayne Johnson (Texas); Mark Wayne Jones (Ohio); Bruce Wayne Koenig (Maryland); Derrick Wayne Kualapai, Sr. (California); Dudley Wayne Kyzer (Alabama); Monty Wayne Lamb (Texas); Jeffrey Wayne Leaf (Oklahoma); Christopher Wayne Lippard (North Carolina); Kenny Wayne Lockwood (Texas)*; Mark Wayne Lomax (Texas); Shelly Wayne Martin (Maryland); Donald Wayne Martin (Texas)*; Steven Wayne McBride (Minnesota); George Wayne McBroom (Arizona); David Wayne McCall (Texas); Rocky Wayne McGowan (Kentucky); Jason Wayne McVean (Colorado); Wesley Wayne Miller (Texas); Jimmy Wayne Miller (Texas); John Wayne Moore, Jr. (Missouri); John Wayne Moses (North Carolina); Jack Wayne Napier (Kentucky); Danny Wayne Owens (Alabama); Bryan Wayne Padd (Arizona); David Wayne Pallister (England); Jeffrey Wayne Paschall (Utah); Michael Wayne Perry (Tennessee); Jason Wayne Petershagen (Texas); Curtis Wayne Pope (Texas); Donald Wayne Rainey (Mexico); Randy Wayne Richards (Canada); Robert Wayne Rotramel (Oklahoma); David Wayne Satterfield (Texas); Christopher Wayne Scarber (Kentucky); Michael Wayne Sears (Virginia); Dallas Wayne Shults (Tennessee); Mark Wayne Silvers (South Carolina); David Wayne Smith (Virginia); Daryl Wayne Smith (West Virginia); Richard Wayne Smith (Texas)*; Richard Wayne Snell (Arkansas)*; Richard Wayne Spicknall (Alabama); Randall Wayne Stevens (Illinois); John Wayne Stockdall (Missouri); Michael Wayne Summers (Missouri); Gary Wayne Sutton (Tennessee); Bobby Wayne Swisher (Virginia)*; Michael Wayne Thompson (Indiana); Andrew Wayne Toler (Texas); Robert Wayne Vickers (Arizona)*; Billy Wayne Waldrop (Alabama)*; Jerry Wayne Walker (Kentucky); Anthony Wayne Walker (Ohio); Daniel Wayne Warfield (Virginia); Louis Wayne Watters, Jr. (Texas); Coy Wayne Wesbrook (Texas); Larry Wayne White (Texas)*; Michael Wayne Williams (Virginia); Richard Wayne Willoughby (Maryland); Kenneth Wayne Woodfin (Virginia); Bobby Wayne Woods (Texas); Darrell Wayne Wright (Texas); William Wayne Wright (Texas)

JFC!!! That is some bad mojo with the name Wayne!!!

Wonder if they're familiar at all with wayne's coating?

- Mark Twain

Guess it depends what the "family situation" was. But then I can go a month PR two without speaking to mine. Guess maybe you have to be there to get it.
    Free Charmed.

Jeez Mohandas, thanks for letting me know that a member of the family - plus the teenaged son of an old family friend - are gonna go Texas Chainsaw Massacre at some point. Like I don't stress about enough shit already!?
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

I live in "Wayne County" in Michigan........ muhahahahah...........

- Mark Twain

Thank you for not putting that into a pie chart, Mohandas.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Guess it depends what the "family situation" was. But then I can go a month PR two without speaking to mine. Guess maybe you have to be there to get it.
    I haven't spoken to my aunt and two cousins in years and they only live a few miles away. I wouldn't see my brother much if it wasn't for the once a month get together that Ma Kitty insists we have. Hell, I've not seen my father for thirty years and he still lives in the same town as me.

As Nov has said, we don't know what the family situation was and maybe at that time things were bad enough that this guy felt like he had no choice but to walk away and start afresh. The problem is that the longer you go without contact the harder it is to actually re-establish it, not only because people move or change their names but also because of emotional reasons such as fear of opening up an old can of worms all over again. You don't know whether you'll be welcomed back with open arms or with an axe that someone wants to grind, so you just let it go on a little longer, then a little longer still and before you know it 30-odd years have gone by.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Thank you for not putting that into a pie chart, Mohandas.
    I just adore you.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Yeah the Wayne thing or going by three names seems to be the kiss of death.

I'm with those who would have punched him in the face for the agony he put people through. He could have at least let one family member know that he was ok and preferred not to be found.

They could've looked a bit harder for him. The US is one if the easiest countries to find people through public records (usually taking a 5 minute Internet search).
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information