Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model who killed, cooked husband denied parole

Default Model who killed, cooked husband denied parole

Bruce Chambers / AP In a 1992 photo, Omaima Nelson enters a Santa Ana, Calif., courtroom.

CHOWCHILLA, Calif. A California woman who killed her newlywed husband and chopped and cooked his body parts over Thanksgiving weekend in 1991 on Wednesday was denied parole for the second time.
    Parole commissioners rejected Omaima Nelson's bid for freedom following a hearing at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla, where she has been serving a life sentence.
    Nelson was convicted of murdering her 56-year-old husband, William Nelson, in a grisly killing that authorities compared to the fictional slayings of Hannibal Lecter.
    Prosecutors say Nelson stabbed her husband and likely plotted to steal from him as she had done with other middle-aged men. Nelson said she acted in self-defense.
    A psychiatrist testified during Nelson's trial that she told him she ate her husband's ribs but later denied it.
    Nelson was denied parole in 2006 because commissioners found her unpredictable and a serious threat to public safety.
    Nelson, a former model and nanny, has been serving a sentence of 27 years to life.
    Nelson was convicted of murdering her husband in a grisly killing that authorities compared to the fictional slayings of Hannibal Lecter.
    "There were suitcases and plastic bags soaked with dark liquid from his body parts. In the fry cooker there sat Mr. Nelson's hands, and when we opened the refrigerator there was Mr. Nelson's head with stab wounds," Orange County Senior Deputy Dist. Atty. Randolph J. Pawloski told the L.A. Times. "She had his entrails in his Corvette, and she was trying to get an ex-boyfriend to yank out the dentures from the head so she could dump it in the [Newport Beach] Back Bay."
    "It is certainly one of the most gruesome crimes ever committed in Orange County and sometime people need reminding of that," he said.
    She will not be eligible to seek parole again for 15 years the maximum period she can be held without another hearing, the commissioners said.
    Model who killed, cooked husband denied parole - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

"It is certainly one of the most gruesome crimes ever committed in Orange County and sometime people need reminding of that," he said.
    Then why only 27 years and eligible for parole? I will never understand our justice system. Thankfully, someone had the sense to deny the parole.

fgg

was she trying to fry off his fingerprints or something?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She is a nut case and she does not need to get out of prison.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

No parole board is EVER going to let her out. She's in there for life.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Holy shit, that is a bizarre case. I don't even remember reading about it originally... Safe to say little Miss "Dahmer" there won't ever be paroled. You know, I think Dorothea Puente, the white-haired serial killer landlady from Sacramento, was at that prison as well. Wonder if they met? ETA: Dorothea was known for her cooking, you see.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I don't remember this case either. This is around the same time as Dahmer. Maybe he stole her thunder. She isn't ever leaving prison though. She nuts!

I live in orange county and I sort of remember hearing about this.

Did she also eat some fava beans and a little Chianti?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

More Info from Crime Library: http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/new...te=1&p=2558765

"A court psychiatrist testified that after the murder she donned a pair of red shoes, a red dress, a red hat and red lipstick before tying him to the bed and spending days chopping up his remains. Neighbors from the couple's Costa Mesa, Calif., apartment building testified that they heard "constant chopping sounds" and that the garbage disposal was on for two days straight.
    Evidence revealed that she cooked her husband's head on the stove, skinned his torso, breaded and deep fried his hands, and planned to leave his skull in the back bay. She confessed to dipping his ribs in barbeque sauce and tasting them, saying, "Nothing tastes as good as the man I married." Once she finished chopping him up, Nelson divided what was left into garbage bags, which she took to various old boyfriends' homes offering $75,000 for help with disposing of the contents.

Nelson, then 24, was sentenced to 27 years to life and was eligible for parole in 2006. Her first bid for release was denied. The Orange County district attorney's office opposes freeing her now on the grounds that her crimes were especially heinous, and that she had a history of violence before killing her husband. Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney Randy Pawloski, an original prosecutor in the case, attended Nelson's parole hearing and reviewed the crime for the board saying at one point, "The honeymoon ended as dramatically as any in American history." That would be an understatement.

It is worth noting that there are still 80 lbs. of Mr. Nelson missing
    ."
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Hmmm, I'm not far from costa Mesa. Wonder where they lived? It's like the Nightstalker house here, just want to see where it is.

She breaded his hands? Breaded?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    She breaded his hands? Breaded?!
    Try to be kind,Brah. She hasn't had much opportunity to watch FoodNetwork. I am not even sure Iron Chef could figure out that one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Iron Chef Secret Ingredient for today's episode is...
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Iron Chef Secret Ingredient for today's episode is...
    Alton would be scrambling! His computers would self destruct.

I just can't help but be offended, using a batter would have been much better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information