Thread: Police: La. man decapitated disabled son, 7

Default Police: La. man decapitated disabled son, 7

This is hard to read...

NEW ORLEANS – A Louisiana man is accused of bludgeoning, decapitating and dismembering his disabled 7-year-old son and leaving the boy's head near the street so the child's mother would see it — a killing that brought seasoned police officers to tears, authorities said Monday.
    Jeremiah Lee Wright, 30, of Thibodaux waived his right to an attorney and confessed to killing Jori Lirette within 30 minutes of being brought to the police station Sunday, Police Chief Scott Silverii said. He said Wright was booked with first-degree murder and held in lieu of $5 million bond.

He was in isolation, Silverii said during a Monday afternoon news conference. The department spokesman, Detective Ricky Ross, said he does not believe Wright has an attorney.
    Flowers, balloons and stuffed animals were left Monday outside the house where Jori died.
    "He was maybe the best thing that ever happened to me," his mother, Jesslyn Lirette, said at the news conference.
    A preliminary autopsy found the boy was bludgeoned, decapitated and dismembered, Silverii said. Whatever hit him caused "excessive bleeding in the head," he said.
    Silverii said the motive was unclear, though Wright told police "that he'd gotten to the point where he was tired of taking care" of the boy, who had cerebral palsy and heart problems, needed a feeding tube, had limited speech and was in a wheelchair.
    "He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by," Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was "just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head."
    The police chief said Jori's feet and one hand also were cut off, recovered with the body in several white plastic garbage bags.
    The slaying was the first in Thibodaux since 2008.
    Silverii said the boy apparently was decapitated over the kitchen sink, which was sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab along with a box of tools found nearby. Wright told investigators he began killing the boy about 30 minutes after Lirette had left Sunday to repair her pickup truck so she could take Jori to a doctor on Tuesday.
    Police had been called to the house last month when the couple had an argument — possibly about money — though neither person brought charges, Ross said. The police chief said Wright had been arrested a few times previously, though he was never charged with violent crimes. Wright served 10 days for theft in 2005.
    Lirette, 27, told The Daily Comet of Thibodaux (‘Angel' was taken away | DailyComet.com ) that she and Wright had been together for 10 years, but that she had planned for some time to leave him.
    "I didn't get out fast enough," she said.
    Mark Chatagnier, a friend of Wright's, told the newspaper that Wright was unemployed and that Lirette often left him to care for Jori, even when she was not working.
    "She would take off and totally expect Jerry to do everything," Chatagnier said.
    Lirette denied that. She said she cared for another disabled person to pay household bills and was still around to care for her son, who had been born three months premature, could say only a few words and weighed no more than 50 pounds when he died.
    "He was my star. No matter what people think or say, he was always top priority in my life," Lirette said through tears during the news conference. "I've done everything I can for him."
    When Lirette returned from fixing the truck, she found her home blocked by police tape.
    When she identified herself, Silverii had a captain and Ross, who was a minister for 12 years and remains a lay pastor, tell her what happened.
    "These are experienced men. They came out of there in tears. Just absolutely in tears," Silverii said.
    Grief counselors from the Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office also spent time with her, he said.
    South Thibodaux Elementary School, where Jori was a second-grader, was "a very somber place" Monday, said Floyd Benoit, spokesman for the Lafourche Parish school system. Counselors were on hand there and at other schools where people knew Jori, he said.
    The school has 560 students, including 84 second-graders and 18 in special education across all grades, he said.
    Jori had attended South Thibodaux since pre-kindergarten, principal Diane Smith said. "Everyone loved him. Even though he could not express in words his feelings to us, he did it with his smile," she said.
    Lirette, who began her statement with a plea for privacy, ended with a message to her son:
    "In Heaven I believe you're a beautiful star and you will always shine bright inside my heart, inside everybody's heart. If I could go back and change yesterday, I would. But I can't.
    "You will be missed and loved by everyone and we will pray every day in your honor. Love you, Mom."

*sigh* I wish there were an option to hide threads in certain subforums.

the boy apparently was decapitated over the kitchen sink
    horrific.

It's like the father snapped. RIP Jori, you are no longer sufferering from your celebral palsy and feeding tubes, you are free in heaven. RIP.
    Go Habs Go!!

Am I the only one who thinks that they should use murderers, rapists, abusive parents, etc as lab rats? They should test products and medicine on them instead of innocent animals.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that they should use murderers, rapists, abusive parents, etc as lab rats? They should test products and medicine on them instead of innocent animals.
    I think it's a fucking stupid idea.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

This century, yep, it's pretty much just you.

This is one of the most horrific things I've read. Ugh. I think the man has to be absolutely batshit to be honest.

May they give him the harshest punishment available.

The mother said she had been planning to leave him forever--very telling. And sad for that little boy

and I thought Josef Mengele was dead

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I read in another article that he'd complained of hearing voices for quite a while. Which would make sense. You'd have to have something seriously mentally wrong with you to do this.

Well, I'm not sure if thats the answer, but I wouldn't mind seeing horrible things happen to this person/thing. Its an abhoration. Obviously this guy is a mental case and should never be out on the streets.

I'm not blaming the mother at all, but it sounds like this guy had some awful issues and she, for whatever reasons, couldn't leave him. Perhaps she needed the help with her son so she could continue to work, and so she was stuck.

I know that little boy is no longer suffering, and is finally free to run and to play like he'd probably always dreamed. God help his mother.

This guy is a serious sicko. I can see how a parent can lose it caring for a severely disabled child, as I've seen how hard it is first hand. But what this psycho did is beyond comprehension, didn't the mother have any clue as to how insane this man is!

Okay, I can't even deal with this whole thing right now, but I did want to say that this

"just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head.
    doesn't make any fucking sense. "Do de do, walkin' in the door -- oh wait what's that? A, uhh, OMG no it's my little boy! DON'T I FEEL STUPID NOW HURR DUURRR"

Okay now I'm going to go backwards in time to before I came into this thread and I will live in blissful ignorance for the rest of my days.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Father accused of decapitating son unfit for trial, judge rules

By Rick Martin, CNN
    updated 7:58 PM EST, Tue October 18, 2011

Jeremiah Lee Wright, the 30-year-old father who police say decapitated his son, was ruled unfit for trial on Tuesday.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Police say Jeremiah Lee Wright confessed that he beheaded his son
    • Wright is being sent to a mental health facility for evaluation, his attorney says
    • A hearing is set for January 31 to see if his status has changed
    (CNN) -- A 30-year-old father who police say decapitated his 7-year-old disabled son is unfit for trial, a Lafourche Parish, Louisiana, judge ruled Tuesday.

Jeremiah Lee Wright is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Jori Lirette. The second-grade boy was killed on August 14 in the town of Thibodaux. The killing was an act horrific enough to shock the community and grab national attention. Police have said Wright confessed that he decapitated the boy.

District Judge John E. LeBlanc found Wright "was not competent to stand trial," Court Clerk Pam Cheriamie said.

"Two psychiatrists appointed by the court to examine Wright were subpoenaed to testify," she said.

But Wright's defense attorney, Kerry Cuccia, said the psychiatrists didn't testify, but their reports were submitted.

Cuccia said he could not say why his client was found not fit to stand trial. "The judge sealed the records with specifics on the mental evaluation," he said. But he added, "The judge announced my client lacks the mental capacity to proceed and stand trial. This means he has to appropriately understand the nature of the proceedings before him and be able to assist his lawyer with his own defense."

He said Wright was sent to a state mental health facility in Jackson for further evaluation.

A status hearing was scheduled for January 31 "to see if he's been rehabilitated and (is) competent enough for trial," Cheriamie said.

Thibodaux police were called to Wright's house on August 14 by a person who said a severed head was sitting on the side of a city street.

Investigators found a white garbage bag nearby with the child's body inside, police said.

"The child had cerebral palsy and was bound to a wheelchair (and also had) additional disabilities," Thibodaux Police Chief Scott Silverii said in August. "He also required a feeding tube and he wasn't able to speak verbally."

The chief said Wright confessed he decapitated the child. Investigators recovered a hacksaw that they believe was the murder weapon.

"During the interview, Wright said he was taking care of (the child) for so many years and he just started to look at him as no longer his son, just an inanimate object," Silverii said. "He and the child's mother had some issues. And he purposely put the child's head in a position for her to see it."

Father accused of decapitating son unfit for trial, judge rules - CNN.com

Such a sad story.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information