Login to remove the ads!

Thread: 8 shot to death in Ohio, including child

Default 8 shot to death in Ohio, including child

A family argument Sunday in Ohio ended in the shooting deaths of eight people in two places, including an 11-year-old, and two more people were wounded, authorities said Sunday.

One person shot five people to death in one location, then two more were killed nearby before police killed the gunman, police Chief Michael Mier told WKYC-TV.

The shootings happened in a wooded, residential neighborhood of older homes outside Akron, and police shot the gunman to death, Copley Township officers said. The neighborhood remained blocked off by police Sunday afternoon.

Jeff Kirby of nearby Norton said he was visiting his mother's home a block from the shootings around 10:30 a.m. when he heard gunfire about 15 shots with several pauses between them.

Kirby, 53, said the last gunfire he heard occurred about the same time he heard sirens in the neighborhood.

Copley police Sgt. Eric Goodwin said he did not know the conditions of the wounded but said he believed there were no more victims.

"As far as I know, everyone's accounted for," he said.

He gave no more details, including how the shooter and victims were related, their names or what led to the argument.

"That's still under investigation," he said.

Copley Township is a town of about 14,000 people outside Akron, about 40 miles south of Cleveland in northeast Ohio.

2011 The Associated Press.

.--------------------------------------------------------------------

Police: 8 shot to death in Ohio, including child - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

This is just becoming more and more common nowadays. So many nuts with guns.

Jesus H Christ....

A family, wiped out. Over an argument.

Blog Entries

Ohio gunman shoots 7 dead before being killed by police <-- click for link (thestar.com)

COPLEY TOWNSHIP, OHIO — A gunman went on a rampage Sunday morning, killing seven people in three locations before being killed in an exchange of gunfire with police.

Copley Police Chief Michael Mier said five people were found shot to death outside a house, two people were killed at separate locations, and that the gunman also was killed.

Police said two victims survived the shooting and were being treated at a hospital, although no details were available on their conditions.

Authorities on Sunday would not identify the gunman or any of his victims, saying only that details would be available at a news conference Monday.

The Summit County Medical Examiner's Office said it was delaying identification until next of kin were notified.

A witness to one of the shootings identified at least two of the dead as Russell and Gudrun Johnson.

At an evening prayer vigil, neighbours identified other victims as Brian Johnson, 17-year-old Copley High School student Autumn Johnson and Scott Dieter, an 11-year-old from Kentucky who was visiting his aunt. Neighbours said the alleged gunman was the longtime boyfriend of Scott's aunt, Becky Dieter, who was believed to be at an area hospital.

The names of other victims were not known Sunday night.

It is believed that a third youth — another Copley High School student — is among the dead, school Superintendent Brian Poe said.

Gilbert and Nancy Elie, who live next door to the shooting scene, said they were in their basement recreation room when they heard noises and went upstairs to investigate.

They heard a woman moaning and asking for help, Nancy Elie said.

She said they saw Russell and Gudrun Johnson, whom they had known for about 10 years since they moved onto the street, lying in the driveway where they had been shot.

Gilbert Elie said he ventured outside to check on the woman and saw two more people in a black Chevrolet minivan who also had been shot. Another female was lying over a teenage girl, as if trying to protect her, Gilbert Elie said.

Gilbert Elie yelled to his wife to call 911.

“I said, ‘Call the police. Get them out here. These people are laying here, dead,’ ” Gilbert Elie said.

He said Becky Dieter, who lives in a house between his home and the driveway where the people were killed, came out of her home and asked him what was happening.

“I was talking to her when her boyfriend came out of the house behind her and shot her three or four times,” Gilbert Elie said.

He said he took refuge from the shooter. “I peeked out from behind the car and saw her fall off the porch and down the steps,” he said.

He then heard police arrive and heard people running behind the houses through the woods and more shots being fired.

Poe said a township trustee told him that two Copley High School students were killed during the shootings and that a third youth, an 11-year-old, was also killed. Poe said the trustee told him the 11-year-old was not a Copley student.

Poe said he could not confirm any names.

“We're deeply saddened,” he said. “This sends an absolute shock through the community. One of the most difficult things to deal with is the senselessness of this. It's not easy when anyone is killed, but particularly youth.

Ohio gunman shoots 7 dead before being killed by police - thestar.com

Wasn't a family member doing the killing, it was a(nother) boyfriend. Think it's time I stopped looking for a potential "baby-daddy" and started saving for artificial insemination, because boyfriends = scary arse psycho freaks.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Sickening.

Fucker. I just can't think of anything else because this makes me sick to my stomach.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

OMG, what a nightmare. Those children!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was with my BIL when he got the call to respond as LE- (units from surrounding areas were called in- crime scene was horrific and spread out)- his unit's responsibility is investigating the 11 yr old's death. He's been in LE for 14 yrs, seen a lot of bad things, but this has him deeply affected.

Prayers for all of the victims, witnesses, and Law Enforcement.

Thread Information