Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warren Jeffs Prosecution Plays Audio Sex Tape, Rests Case

Default Warren Jeffs Prosecution Plays Audio Sex Tape, Rests Case

Prosecutors rested their case against Warren Jeffs after playing several audio tapes which they say capture Jeffs sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl. In the tapes Jeffs is heard instructing several women on how to please him sexually, saying this will please God, and panting heavily. Jurors were also presented with sections of Jeffs' journals, in which he writes that one of his alleged victims, "experienced a heavenly session with us and obtained a greater testimony ... though 12 years old, she has advanced quickly and got close. And she is being prepared to be a strength in the heavenly sessions." Witnesses testified that "heavenly sessions" was how Jeffs referred to sex.

Jeffs, who is acting as his own lawyer, has been slowing down the trial with his bizarre behavior. Today he delivered a belated opening statement in which he discussed religious freedom and made comparisons between the treatment of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the civil rights movement. He objected to the playing of the tapes repeatedly until the judge told him to stop, then called a witness who read aloud from the Book of Mormon. None of this went over well with the judge, particularly after this incident:
    Jeffs tried unsuccessfully three times to have the judge removed from the case, his last motion quoting God as saying she will suffer a crippling sickness that will soon kill her. Without the jury present Friday, Jeffs read a statement he claimed was from God promising that the heavens would bring sickness and death to all involved if his trial wasn't stopped.

Warren Jeffs Prosecution Plays Audio Sex Tape, Rests Case
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I worry that he could get a retrial after acting so insane in his own self defense.

Maybe he hopes to be declared insane.

I would like him declared dead.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I can't believe there haven't been death threats against this guy. Look how rilled up Florida got over Casey Anthony. You would think the streets would be full of protestors and people sickened, mad as hell, and wanting to kill this piece of shit!!!

If there's someone who deserves to have his penis cut off and thrown in the garbage disposal, it's Warren Jeffs.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I would like him declared dead.
    I would have no problems with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I can't believe there haven't been death threats against this guy. Look how rilled up Florida got over Casey Anthony. You would think the streets would be full of protestors and people sickened, mad as hell, and wanting to kill this piece of shit!!!
    In this country, when you do it in the name of "religion", everybody gets all docile.

Jeffs is a third-generation polygamist, and inherited his father's authoritarian cult of followers. By literally marrying all of his Dad's widows, and becoming his siblings' stepdad. No lie.

Prison. Gen-pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    Prison. Gen-pop.
    He could become one of some Aryan Nation dude's 12 "wives".

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    In this country, when you do it in the name of "religion", everybody gets all docile.

Aw bullshit.

No one is all docile about Jeffs except his followers, other off shoot mormon sects that do it too, and some mainstream LDS members who secretly still approve of this shit.

Just because people aren't in a rabid pack baying for the man's blood outside the courthouse doesn't mean they approve, or are docile. The lynch mob mentality is as sick as the crimes committed by these people.

Religion or not, the average American doesn't approve of child rape.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; August 4th, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Default Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs convicted in Texas

Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs has been convicted on child sexual assault charges by a jury in Texas.

The head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints made no reaction as the verdict was read. He faces up to life in prison.

He was accused of bigamy, aggravated sexual assault and assault based on alleged incidents with under-age girls at a church ranch.

The charges followed a raid on the remote west Texas ranch in 2008.

A forensic analyst testified that Jeffs, 55, was an almost certain DNA match to the child of a 15-year-old mother. He was also accused of assaulting a 12-year-old girl.

Jeffs conducted his own defence and claimed he was a victim of religious persecution.

The jury deliberated on a verdict for three hours. They then went immediately into sentencing proceedings.

When police raided the ranch they found women dressed in frontier-style dresses and underage girls who were clearly pregnant.

The 10,000-strong sect, which dominates the towns of Colorado City in Arizona, and Hildale, Utah, split from the mainstream Mormon church more than a century ago.

BBC News - Polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs convicted in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Aw bullshit.

No one is all docile about Jeffs except his followers, other off shoot mormon sects that do it too, and some mainstream LDS members who secretly still approve of this shit.
    Well, first of all, Warren Jeffs isn't the only weird religious figure perpetrating these acts. Especially among the breakaway LDS community. 12-year-olds are getting traded like playing cards, and it's been that way since Rulon Jeffs -- and Leroy S. Johnson before him. Who else from that community is on the docket, beside Jeffs? Nobody, as far as I know. I would love to be wrong about that.

The U.S. Government has no taste to do a massive investigation of what happens in these communities because right-wing groups get all up in arms about a crackdown on religious groups.

David Koresh forced himself on 12-year-olds also, and a victim of his testified in open court about it (after the Waco compound burned down). But it seems that few people remember him as a child molester but rather a kook and cult leader.

Well, first of all, Warren Jeffs isn't the only weird religious figure perpetrating these acts. Especially among the breakaway LDS community. 12-year-olds are getting traded like playing cards, and it's been that way since Rulon Jeffs -- and Leroy S. Johnson before him. Who else from that community is on the docket, beside Jeffs? Nobody, as far as I know. I would love to be wrong about that.
    The U.S. Government has no taste to do a massive investigation of what happens in these communities because right-wing groups get all up in arms about a crackdown on religious groups.

David Koresh forced himself on 12-year-olds also, and a victim of his testified in open court about it (after the Waco compound burned down). But it seems that few people remember him as a child molester but rather a kook and cult leader.
    What does that have to do with people making death threats, and angry mobs protesting outside the courthouses? Because that was what you were responding to.

And it's not just right wingers who are disturbed by crackdowns. The ACLU has quite a bit to say on this topic, and are quite involved in it. They aren't exactly right wing nut jobs.

The US government was widely condemned for Waco, and the Short Creek raid by the right and left. It's no wonder they're a bit wary.

That is totally unfair. No self respecting citizen condones that behavior or isn't outraged by it all.
    Not even the most hardcore right winger I know is anything but sickened by it.
    The problem is actually getting to them, almost impossible. They are protected by LDS off shoots, locked away from pubic vision or anyone who would scream loudly. I have heard a large portion of police,etc in Utah are protective of them, but not other states.
    You are wrong about another thing. Here in Texas it is well known and well remember David Koresh was a pervert first and foremost.
    I know quite a few right wingers and have a totally differnt viewpoint than they do, particularly abortion. But I can assure you assault of a 12 year old would send them reaching for the nearest gun.
    You will also notice the (probably mostly right wing) jury reached a verdict. They probably stalled to order lunch during that. Most of them-this I do not doubt- would happily given him the death penalty, given a chance.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information