Thread: Skull Discovered in David Attenborough's Garden Closes 1879 Murder Case

Default Skull Discovered in David Attenborough's Garden Closes 1879 Murder Case

One of Victorian Britain's most gruesome murder mysteries has been solved after the skull of a wealthy widower was found in the garden of famed naturalist Sir David Attenborough.

More than a century after Julia Martha Thomas was brutally attacked by a servant in her home, the case was closed Tuesday as her death was formally recognized in a U.K. court.

Remains found during excavations at Attenborough's property in Richmond, South London, were confirmed as those of Thomas, who was chopped up and boiled by her housekeeper in 1879.

Although a box containing human flesh was found in the Thames days after the killing and the victim's foot was found on an allotment, her skull had been missing for 132 years.

Workmen building an extension in the veteran nature show presenter's garden, less than 100 yards from where Thomas was murdered, made the discovery in October last year.

Alison Thompson, the West London Coroner, confirmed Tuesday that the twice widowed 55-year-old died from asphyxiation and a head injury.

Ending the affair -- which became known as the "Barnes mystery" and was a matter of great intrigue in Victorian England -- the coroner formally recognized the skull and delivered a verdict of unlawful killing.

Thomas was murdered by her maid Kate Webster, who pushed her down the stairs, strangled her and chopped the body up. She then boiled the body and gave the dripping to local children to eat.

Webster, who was born in Ireland, had spent her life in and out of prisons for various offenses, including burglary.

She had been employed by Thomas for just two months when she carried out the attack. The court heard that the pair could not get along as Thomas, a devout Presbyterian, did not approve of Webster's heavy drinking.

Police provided the court with evidence that the skull was that of Thomas after reviewing census records and using radiocarbon testing.

Chief Superintendent Clive Chalk, of Scotland Yard, said, "This is a fascinating case and a good example of how good old-fashioned detective work, historical records and technological advances came together to solve the 'Barnes mystery'."
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wow, that's a cool story.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Dang, this is a good one.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Thomas was murdered by her maid Kate Webster, who pushed her down the stairs, strangled her and chopped the body up. She then boiled the body and gave the dripping to local children to eat.

That's fucking gross...
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Wow, what a story!

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    That's fucking gross...
    "‘A few days after the murder some boys said that Kate Webster had offered them some food and said ‘ere you lads I’ve got some good pigs lard which you can have for free’. The boys ate two bowls of lard which was unfortunately Mrs Thomas.’"source

lardalicious!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

How fascinating.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "‘A few days after the murder some boys said that Kate Webster had offered them some food and said ‘ere you lads I’ve got some good pigs lard which you can have for free’. The boys ate two bowls of lard which was unfortunately Mrs Thomas.’"source

lardalicious!
    Damn! That's a waste of good lard, fattie lard-sex is so much better than fattie crisco sex
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information