Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baggy pants lead to college football player's arrest at SF airport

Default Baggy pants lead to college football player's arrest at SF airport

Baggy pants lead to player's arrest at SF airport - Yahoo! News

SAN FRANCISCO A University of New Mexico football player's saggy pants led to his arrest and removal from an airplane at San Francisco International Airport, authorities said Thursday.

Deshon Marman, 20, was boarding a flight Wednesday to Albuquerque, N.M., when a U.S. Airways employee noticed his pants were below his buttocks, and his boxer shorts were showing, Sgt. Michael Rodriguez of the San Francisco Police Department told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Marman refused the employee's request to pull up his pants and failed to immediately comply when she asked him to get off the plane, Rodriguez said, adding Marman injured a police officer when he was being arrested.
    The football player was arrested on suspicion of trespassing, battery of a police officer and obstruction of a police investigation, Rodriguez told The Associated Press.

Marman's mother, Donna Doyle, told the newspaper her son was emotionally fragile after the funeral of his close friend, who died 11 days after being shot.
    Marman was being held in San Mateo County Jail while prosecutors determine whether to file charges, Rodriguez said.

US Airways spokeswoman Valerie Wunder said the airline's dress code forbids indecent exposure or inappropriate attire.

University of New Mexico football coach Mike Locksley said the school is aware of Marman's arrest and plans to support him.
    "It is never positive when you have a student-athlete arrested, no matter what the circumstances are," he said.

843 Comments

Brianna 7 hours ago

►I have first hand knowledge of this incident. I was on duty with another airline and witnessed the whole thing.
    This "kid" was not arrested for Baggy Pants. Here is what went down. While waiting in the boarding area Deshon was informed three times he would NOT be allowed to board with his mostly exposed buttocks hanging out. He was told DO NOT ENTER THE AIRCRAFT FOUR TIMES.
    He pushed the US Airways Rep against the wall and walked onto the aircraft. He then pushed past two flight attendents. Hence the Assault Charges. He refused to leave the Aircraft, hence the Tresspassing charges.
    He fought with the cops, hence the Resisting Arrest.
    This wasn't just baggy pants, it was 99% nudity.
    Act like an idiot, get treated like one.

What is the appeal of having your ass hanging out? I know that's a thing in prison or whatever, but if you're not advertising to be someone's bitch; then PULL THEM PANTS UP!

And I totally believe that comment that he was just a rowdy a-hole. Good if he gets hit with the charges.

um, boxer shorts are nudity now? really?
    this is retarded. why wouldn't you be allowed on a plane for that? yeah, sure, baggy pants worn all the way down your butt are stupid but so are women who wear leggings as pants and last i checked, they're still allowed to board planes.
    and yeah, he shouldn't have tried to push his way past and he deserves to get into trouble for that but the initial problem was the retarded airline employee who told him he couldn't board the plane in the first place.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sagging pants are ridiculous. Whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    um, boxer shorts are nudity now? really?
    this is retarded. why wouldn't you be allowed on a plane for that? yeah, sure, baggy pants worn all the way down your butt are stupid but so are women who wear leggings as pants and last i checked, they're still allowed to board planes.
    and yeah, he shouldn't have tried to push his way past and he deserves to get into trouble for that but the initial problem was the retarded airline employee who told him he couldn't board the plane in the first place.
    i totally agree. he should've stayed calm and sued them for discrimination and for being fucking stupid.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I have a feeling that given the circumstances of his travel he plain did not give a fuck, I really can't blame him. I know the feeling of having someone fuck with me about petty bs and I've said to a police officer before "I'm sorry, I know you're 'authority' and what not but this shit is the least of my fucking problems rights now, you have no clue.". This whole thing could have turned out differently if there was just the tiniest bit of sensitivity and less pettiness all around. They're all a bunch of assholes.
    Posted from my iPhone

Airlines are strange. In the 90's, I wasn't allowed to upgrade to first class because I was wearing jeans!

Stupid rule or not, just comply with the minor inconvenience of pulling your pants up and you can fly. Idiot.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

i hate the pants that these idiots wear BELOW their asscheeks. they all look ridiculous. i say good for the airline.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    i totally agree. he should've stayed calm and sued them for discrimination and for being fucking stupid.
    Sue them for what - having a dress code that he chose to disregard?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

This is dumb.

I just can't bring myself to care about baggy pants, one way or the other. It just cracks me up how upset some people get over them... after 25 years of kids wearing them.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^^ i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Sue them for what - having a dress code that he chose to disregard?
    the spokeswoman in the article alice posted said they don't have a dress code. i wasn't serious about suing them. pushing the employee was obviously wrong, but telling him he can't fly unless he pulls his pants up is stupid and discriminating, especially now that we know the same airline allowed the man in his panties to fly.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Why can't I ever be on flights like this? The guy in the panties, I so would have been hoping he'd sit by me!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Ok I take back what I said... if they allow panties man to fly they should have allowed the baggy pants.

I hate the word panties!!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information