Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kansas City girl, 5, may face murder charges in drowning

Default Kansas City girl, 5, may face murder charges in drowning

Kansas City girl, 5, may face murder charges in drowning - Yahoo! News

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) – A 5-year-old girl could face murder charges in the recent drowning of a toddler in a bathtub, police said on Thursday.

Kansas City police are waiting for a medical examiner's report on how Jermane Johnson Jr., died, but have investigated the death as a homicide, spokesman Darin Snapp said Thursday.

"I've been in law enforcement for 20 years and it's the youngest suspect I can remember," Snapp said. "It's extremely rare."

Johnson, 18 months old, was in a Kansas City house on June 3rd with other children, but the 16-year-old girl who was supposed to be looking after them fell asleep, Snapp said.

Investigators learned through interviews that a 5-year-old girl in the house got irritated at the boy, Snapp said.

"She said she got angry because he would not stop crying and she held him under the water until he stopped crying," Snapp said.

Snapp said a decision on to handle the case will be left up to prosecutors after the medical examiner's report is released.

Utterly ridiculous, a 5yo certainly did not know any better.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh for godsake - this is why you don't leave kids unattended like this. Kids can be very abusive. Five year olds don't have much impulse control yet. They also don't have the ability grasp long term consequenses of their actions. If anyone should be charged with anything it is the babysitter.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

^^ i totally agree.
    i'm ok with charging the 16-year-old for something like involuntary homicide and then dropping the charges because she's punished enough in knowing a child died because she fell asleep.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

A 5 year old has no concept of death. This is batty,
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ i totally agree.
    i'm ok with charging the 16-year-old for something like involuntary homicide and then dropping the charges because she's punished enough in knowing a child died because she fell asleep.
    Absolutely agreed!

wtf is wrong with people?!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is stupid. All kids that age are little sociopaths, it's ridiculous to hold her criminally accountable.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    ^^ i totally agree.
    I don't even think they should charge the 16 year old.

"On Friday, an adult left a 16-year-old girl, who reportedly has mental disabilities, in charge of several younger children, including Jermane, so the adult could pick up a relative of Jermane’s at a bus stop.The relative had come into town from St. Louis to retrieve Jermane and take him home."

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

JFC, I can't even begin. First, charge the "responsible" adult. Second, watch the 5 year old for the rest of her life.
    Posted from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    This is stupid. All kids that age are little sociopaths, it's ridiculous to hold her criminally accountable.
    Thank you.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    JFC, I can't even begin. First, charge the "responsible" adult. Second, watch the 5 year old for the rest of her life.
    Posted from my iPhone
    THIS! Because you can say whatever you will, that kid is fucked up.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The parents should be charged for letting a 16-year-old with mental disabilities watch their children.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I don't even think they should charge the 16 year old.

"On Friday, an adult left a 16-year-old girl, who reportedly has mental disabilities, in charge of several younger children, including Jermane, so the adult could pick up a relative of Jermane’s at a bus stop.The relative had come into town from St. Louis to retrieve Jermane and take him home."
    if she was indeed mentally disabled then i agree with you and chilly, charge the parent for being an idiot.
    poor baby.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

It doesn't say a "parent" left the child with the mentally disabled 16 year old and a mentally fucked 5 year old. It just says "an adult" left the kid there to go to a bus station to pick up someone who was there to pick up the baby the 5 year old killed. Something (some THINGS) in this story stinks.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information