Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transgender woman brutally beaten at Baltimore McDonald's

Default Transgender woman brutally beaten at Baltimore McDonald's

Transgender woman brutally beaten at Baltimore McDonald's | Breaking News | Wisconsin Gazette - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) News

A transgender woman was brutally beaten at a Baltimore-area McDonald's on April 18. A restaurant employee videotaped the attack, which was viewed by over half a million people after being posted on You Tube and other sites.

The employee, identified as Vernon Hackett (pictured) on social network accounts, posted the video clip to his YouTube page earlier this week. He said the victim got into a confrontation with female patrons over using the women’s bathroom at the fast-food restaurant.

The three-minute video shows two young women repeatedly kicking and punching the 22-year-old victim in the head, as a restaurant employee and patron try to intervene. People observing the attack are apparently laughing.

Hackett is filming throughout the attack and does not intervene. But when the victim appears to have a seizure after a final blow to the head, he warns the attackers that they’d better clear out because police are on the way.

Police say officers who responded found a woman who appeared to be having a seizure. Witnesses told police she had been beaten.

Baltimore County police have charged a 14-year-old girl as a juvenile in the attack and charges are pending against an 18-year-old woman.

Equality Maryland has called on the state’s attorney general to investigate the case as a hate crime. Police and prosecutors said they did not know whether the victim is a transgender woman.

“It does appear that the victim was a transgender woman, and she was brutalized while people stood by and watched,” a member of Equality Maryland’s board was quoted as saying. “There's no excuse for that violence under any circumstances, but we would encourage police to investigate as a hate crime.”

As the video spread online, McDonald’s acknowledged the attack had occurred in a Baltimore-area restaurant and said it was working with local police.

“We are shocked by the video from a Baltimore franchised restaurant showing an assault. This incident is unacceptable, disturbing and troubling,” the company said in a statement posted on its website. “Nothing is more important than the safety of our customers and employees in our restaurants. We are working with the franchisee and the local authorities to investigate this matter.”

The victim suffered cuts to her mouth and face, according to published reports. A police report said she was in fair condition at Franklin Square Hospital Center.

As of April 22, there were no updates on her condition.

Animals
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Amazing - someone will film a beating but not stop it. Are we now that desperate for sensationalized entertainment?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

When I first saw this on the news, I wasn't really paying attention. I thought it was going to be a hate crime because the victim is white and the attackers are black. Not that it makes a difference if the victim is transgender.

This just pisses me off.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Those two lowlife bitches should do serious jail time.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

How can people have so much anger and hate in them that they beat random people up for absolutely no reason? This is so beyond me.
    I hope these bitches will go to jail for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    How can people have so much anger and hate in them that they beat random people up for absolutely no reason? This is so beyond me.
    Can I tell you how many people I know who have been gay-bashed? It's not even funny. And I've dodged a bullet or two myself. Just because someone didn't like the way I was walking or talking.

People are just ignorant sometimes.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    That's what I wonder too. People piss me off all the time but even when I reach the apex of my anger I could never be as hateful as those two bitches in the video. They were dragging her across the restaurant floor and beat her into she started having seizures!!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Here is the woman speaking out

McDonald's attack victim speaks out - baltimoresun.com

The fact that the guy filming it, tried to defend it by saying "It was a man dressed as a woman" makes me sick. Somehow this creep thinks this justifies it. The woman is post op, she's a woman. Even if she was dressing as a woman her gender was a woman but in this case there is simply: No argument. The saddest part of the whole thing to me is that one of the attackers was 14 years old. I hope this woman sues the pants of McDonalds and lives in luxury because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by estonia View Post
    Here is the woman speaking out

McDonald's attack victim speaks out - baltimoresun.com

The fact that the guy filming it, tried to defend it by saying "It was a man dressed as a woman" makes me sick. Somehow this creep thinks this justifies it. The woman is post op, she's a woman. Even if she was dressing as a woman her gender was a woman but in this case there is simply: No argument. The saddest part of the whole thing to me is that one of the attackers was 14 years old. I hope this woman sues the pants of McDonalds and lives in luxury because of it.
    I don't really think it's McDonald's fault is it? I think it is disgusting and disturbing how all those people just stood around doing absolutely NOTHING!!! The only one who appeared to try and help was some little old lady! It doesn't matter if a person is man, woman, transgender, black, white, whatever...NO ONE should ever suffer this kind of brutal attack! Those two girls are disgusting monsters and that guy filming and defending the attack is just as bad in my opinion.

So not only did the guy stand by and film it, he told the attackers to get out before the Police came. Nice.

Set-up?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    I don't really think it's McDonald's fault is it? I think it is disgusting and disturbing how all those people just stood around doing absolutely NOTHING!!! The only one who appeared to try and help was some little old lady! It doesn't matter if a person is man, woman, transgender, black, white, whatever...NO ONE should ever suffer this kind of brutal attack! Those two girls are disgusting monsters and that guy filming and defending the attack is just as bad in my opinion.
    It's not really their fault but the guy who filmed it was an employee and he did nothing but laugh while he taped it and told the girls to run away because the cops were coming. Then you have a wide shot of all the employees standing around doing nothing to stop it. She's got a huge law suit.

The only people responsible, are the assholes who watched and did nothing while this poor person was getting the shit beaten out of her. Mcdonalds is in no way responsible. This is already a sue happy country ffs.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information