Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today in Evil: Couple tries to sell baby to child molester

Default Today in Evil: Couple tries to sell baby to child molester

4 held in alleged plan to sell baby to sex offender

Indianapolis police say four people took part in a scheme to sell a woman's baby to a convicted child molester and his sister-in-law.

Michael S. Overby, 57; Debbie J. Overby, 50; Rose Faucett, 36; and Phillip A. Hester, 58, were arrested Friday on a preliminary charge of child-selling. They are scheduled for a hearing Wednesday in Marion Superior Court.

According to an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department report, Faucett and Hester agreed to sell their daughter to Michael Overby and his sister-in-law Debbie Overby for $300. Michael Overby is a convicted child molester, and Debbie Overby has been convicted of felony child neglect, police said. One IMPD report indicated the baby was unborn, but another report was unclear on that point.

Michael Overby faces an additional charge of forgery, police say, after he fraudulently signed documents stating he was the baby's biological father.
    Faucett, Hester and Michael Overby remained in Marion County Jail on Monday. Bond for Faucett and Hester was set at $5,000; bond for Michael Overby was set at $7,500.

Debbie Overby was released from jail Saturday after posting $2,500 bond, records show.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110412/LOCAL18/104120345/4-held-alleged-plan-sell-baby-sex-offender?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What in the flying fuck?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

wow.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

They all need to rot in HELL!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Only $300?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

i know. talk about a bargain.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Unless the kid was defective. Clearance sale prices!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Thankfully these awful losers were caught and this baby girl will hopefully never have to be in their care. But some insane judge will probably give her back to them someday.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

JFC people are deranged! I hope the little child is kept away safe from the lot of them.

Where the heck can I find a baby for $300! Dang! Everywhere I look, it's closer to $30,000!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    Where the heck can I find a baby for $300! Dang! Everywhere I look, it's closer to $30,000!
    That number is pretty close to accurate (on the low end) for international adoptions.

Sounds like Indianapolis is the place for bargain babies.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Exactly, these "parents" could've gotten decent money and put their kid in a loving home... but no, lets sell it cheap to a guy who wants to fuck it.
    Rot in Hell, bastards!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Here's a disturbing update:

Two people charged with trying to buy a newborn also have been paying an Alabama couple hundreds of dollars to keep the couple's 4-year-old daughter, investigators said Wednesday.

Now, investigators are digging even deeper into the Indianapolis pair's past to see whether other children have lived in their Southside home.

Debbie Overby and her brother-in-law Michael Overby exchanged an old pickup truck for the girl, Emily Rose Lloyd, 21/2 years ago, authorities said Wednesday.

Since then, they have been paying her parents up to $200 a month to let them keep the child at the home they share in the 500 block of Perry Street, authorities said.

Marion County Deputy Prosecutor Mary Hutchison said the discovery could signal a history of child brokering.

"The investigators will be looking into every piece of information or tip they get to see if there is anything else there," Hutchison said. "This is an ongoing investigation. It's difficult to know what to expect. We have never seen a case quite like this in our office."

Hutchison said charges could be filed as early as next week against the Overbys for keeping Emily.

In addition, an 11-year-old boy lived in the home. He was legally adopted nine years ago by Debbie Overby and her husband, Danny Overby, who is now dead and was the brother of Michael Overby.

The boy is the son of Patricia Overby, who is Michael Overby's daughter. Patricia Overby was killed in 2006 by her ex-boyfriend.

Debbie Overby, 50, and Michael Overby, 58, along with an unmarried, homeless couple, were charged in Marion Superior Court on Wednesday with conspiracy to commit child selling. Debbie Overby has been released from the Marion County Jail, and Michael Overby remained there on $80,000 bond.

Investigators said the Overbys agreed to pay the homeless woman, Rose Faucett, 36, about $300 for her daughter, Anna Marie Rose Overby. Faucett gave birth to the girl April 2 at Wishard Memorial Hospital.

The baby's father, Phillip Hester, 58, also was charged. Hester said in court that he lives on Social Security disability checks and described himself as "retired."

Faucett and Hester each were in jail on $5,000 bond.

In court documents, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Detective Sgt. Jan Faber said the Overbys paid David and Rebecca Lloyd, of Alabama, $100 to $200 a month to let them keep Emily.

Michael Carlyle, 28, who is engaged to Debbie Overby's niece, said the Lloyds lived on Bacon Street, a block north of Perry Street, before moving out of state a few years ago to find work.

"They have three or four other kids," he said.

The Lloyds could not be reached for comment.

Carlyle said they have visited Emily twice a year and sometimes took her back to Alabama.

The Lloyds took Emily back to Alabama last week, police said. The 11-year-old adopted boy is in the custody of an in-law, and Anna Marie is in the custody of the Indiana Department of Child Services.

Mitchell Solomon, Debbie Overby's lawyer, said he wasn't aware that children other than the 11-year-old boy had lived at the house and said he couldn't comment on the allegations.

Solomon said Debbie Overby lives on $2,400 a month from her deceased husband's Social Security benefits. Half goes to her, and half goes to the 11-year-old adopted son.

The house where Debbie and Michael Overby lived was owned by her late husband, he said.

Prosecutors said the Overbys, Faucett and Hester all made a deal to give Anna Marie to the Overbys at birth, but Solomon said the baby's mother was the mastermind.

Debbie Overby said after Wednesday's hearing she was only trying to help Faucett when she took her into her home several months ago.

"I did what anyone with a heart would do," she said, before breaking down in tears outside the courtroom. "I fed her and cooked for her and took her to the doctor.

"She had no shoes, no coat, no money. She was homeless and had no place to stay."

Prosecutors said Michael Overby signed an affidavit at the hospital saying he was Anna Marie's birth father so the Overbys could gain legal custody of the girl. He also was charged with felony forgery. Faucett also was charged with conspiracy to commit forgery.

The Overbys by law could not have adopted Anna Marie because both have criminal records. Michael Overby was convicted of child molesting in 1984 and sentenced to four years in prison. Debbie Overby was convicted in 2009 of child neglect.

Police have been called to the Overby home at least twice to investigate reports of unsanitary living conditions, and reports have described it as "deplorable."

"It isn't fit for a hamster to live in," Carlyle said, "much less a child."

Claim: Pair traded truck for 2nd child | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Jesus, this is absolutely horrifying.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information