Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cops Pepper Spray Stick-Wielding Eight-Year-Old

Default Cops Pepper Spray Stick-Wielding Eight-Year-Old

Police in Colorado were called to an elementary school to handle a violent second-grader who had "broke wood trim off the walls and was trying to stab teachers." So they did what any good cops would: They pepper sprayed him.

Aidan, the eight-year-old, has clear anger-management issues. Police have been called to his school in Lakewood on at least two occasions (they managed to talk him down without resorting to pepper spray). This particular outburst may have been more intense, however:
    According to the report, Aidan "was climbing the cart and spitting at teachers. He also broke wood trim off the walls and was trying to stab teachers with it."

"I wanted to make something sharp if they came out because I was so mad at them," Aidan said. "I was going to try to whack them with it."

The report goes on to say Aidan, "was holding what looked like a sharpened one foot stick and he screamed, 'Get away from me you f—-ers.'"

Lakewood Police officers ordered the 8-year-old to "drop the stick." When he refused, they sprayed him with pepper spray twice until he dropped the piece of wood and was handcuffed.
    Now, don't get us wrong! There are occasions where it's okay to pepper spray a second-grader, such as if the second-grader is holding a gun, or if the second-grader is Hitler. And, obviously, it could have been a really sharp wooden stick—a stick so sharp that the officers, plural, couldn't manage to disarm Aidan. But: Perhaps Lakewood Police Department spokesman Steve Davis could choose his words a little more carefully here?
    "I think they not only made the right choice, they made a great choice that day to use the pepper spray."

Gawker — Today's gossip is tomorrow's news
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm not saying I'm in favor of pepper spraying him, but I wouldn't want that little lunatic around my kids. He should be home schooled or in some kind of special educational facility.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    some kind of special educational facility.
    i saw him & his mom on the today show this morning and he is in some sort of school for disturbed kids. the mom kept going on about how the cops should have sat there an tried to talk him down for at least 10 minutes. hello! your kid has serious issues and was threatening to kill two teachers. he needed to be pepper sprayed. this kid needs some serious intervention STAT.

The kid definitely needs more help than the school system is providing. But grown ass men, cops, have to pepper spray an 8yo to subdue him? Come on now. I guess they were scared of getting a splinter or something.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm sure pepper spray hurts like hell, but I wonder what kind of complications (to the child) could have resulted from two cops trying to physically subdue him. Depending on the environment and the amount of resistance the kid was giving, it could have resulted in a concussion, broken bone, torn ligament, etc.

Yeah, and pepper spray is medically categorized as chemical poisonining and could lead to vision problems up to permanent blindness, and breathing problems up to and including respiratory arrest.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That kid has serious issues. It is easy to be an armchair quarterback, but if this had been allowed to continue, who is to say he wouldn't have injured himself or another?
    This is what I think-the police were there. They had dealt with him before. They had to make a choice right then, I am not going to criticize them. That is no average kid. To be that defiant faced with cops? This kid is trouble and no amount of talking is going to help. He needs to be kept away from other kids.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah, and pepper spray is medically categorized as chemical poisonining and could lead to vision problems up to permanent blindness, and breathing problems up to and including respiratory arrest.
    I don't know about it being regarded as a poison -- The active ingredient in pepper spray is capsaicin, which is used in a wide variety of food and in medical treatments, such as dermal patches and creams for psoriasis.

I'm sure pepper spray hurts like hell, but I wonder what kind of complications (to the child) could have resulted from two cops trying to physically subdue him. Depending on the environment and the amount of resistance the kid was giving, it could have resulted in a concussion, broken bone, torn ligament, etc.
    My mother is a special ed teacher and has worked with the emotionally disturbed. Her school has all staff certified in how to properly restrain out of control students. More often than not, the child caused bodily harm to the adult during the process and not vice versa.

Children, when you act like a raving lunatic, we won't talk with you nor will discipline you by whatever means.
    We call the cops.
    They will pepper-spray you and handcuff you.
    Ummmkay? Glad we have this cleared up.

I don't know about it being regarded as a poison -- The active ingredient in pepper spray is capsaicin, which is used in a wide variety of food and in medical treatments, such as dermal patches and creams for psoriasis.

Lots of poisons are use medically, that doesn't make them not poisonous.

The mom is clueless. They were on TV this morning, and she seemed to think it was ok that he's had the cops called on him 3 times. She was like 'Whatever, he gets mad", like this was just a temper tantrum by a normal kid. This child has serious issues, and no help will be coming from his home, her behavior is probably undermining whatever help he's getting.

Then they showed a clip of the little monster 'playing' with his dog. Future serial killer in the making.

I'd really hate to be the parent of one of his schoolmates.

Pepper spray is extreme, but I think physical restraint would have caused injury as well. Glad I didn't have to make the decision.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

'Get away from me you f—-ers.'

I LOLed.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^^^
    me too. i also enjoyed
    I wanted to make something sharp if they came out because I was so mad at them," Aidan said. "I was going to try to whack them with it."
    resourceful little shit.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Then they showed a clip of the little monster 'playing' with his dog. Future serial killer in the making.
    Ugh he has a dog? The pets of future serial killers are usually the first ones to be offed. Poor dog.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information