Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Hostages Murdered by Somali Pirates

Default American Hostages Murdered by Somali Pirates

Somali Hostages Murdered by Pirates

Four Americans captured by Somali pirates while sailing in the Indian Ocean have been killed, NBC News reported Tuesday.
    The two couples, Phyllis Macay and Robert Riggle, of Seattle, and the yacht's owners Jean and Scott Adams of California were on an around-the-world sailing trip when they were captured by pirates Friday.
    U.S. officials said the pirates shot and killed all four hostages, and all the pirates had either been killed or captured by U.S. forces.
    Video: Somali pirates take 4 Americans hostage (on this page) After the boat was captured off the coast of Oman, the pirates headed for waters between Yemen and northern Somalia.
    A pirate in Somalia said Sunday that a warship had been shadowing the yacht, called Quest.
    At that time, U.S. officials did not release any information about the yacht. A U.S. Embassy spokesman on Saturday said officials were assessing options and "possible responses."
    Pirates have increased attacks on ships off the coast of East Africa, but Americans have rarely been targeted.
    The last attack against a U.S. crew, which happened in 2009, ended with Navy sharpshooters killing two pirates and rescuing the ship's captain.
    FUCK!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Sorry to read they were killed. The world must get tougher on these pirates.

On the news they're saying that they broke away from the regatta they were traveling with and decided to sail through what is known as Pirate Alley. There have been maritime warnings not to sail in that area. It's unknown why they chose to do this. Also they were alive until the pirates were told they wouldn't be able to dock in Somalia.

Why on earth to people do this? (No, I don't expect anyone knows the answer to this.)

- Mark Twain

My brother is an officer in the merchant navy. There are places where tankers won't pass or pass as fast as they can for fear of the pirates. He started working in 2000 or so and there were attacks then too but he says things have gotten particularly bad the past 2-3 years.

It's such a pity about the hostages. They probably underestimated the danger.

But, say you're a yacht owner and you, your spouse and another couple are planning an around-the-world trip. Don't you read up on where to go/where not to go? Is there not enough documentation on the web about all the kidnappings and the ruthlessness these people display? Hell, they took men from the US Navy hostage. As long as YOU die, they don't care if they do too. If I'm that sailor, I'm going to know exactly where I shouldn't go and where it's safe and if I have to turn back then I turn back. So tragic, so unnecessary.

- Mark Twain

Sorry, all sympathy just dried up from me. They deliberately rode through there? Dumbasses.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

ditto
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

From what I have heard about this,, they may have strayed off course because they were Missionaries and the entire point of their trip was to preach and spread 'the word'. Dunno....it was dumb for sure.

Dumb indeed. I'm sorry that it happened, but this is almost philly ass injection stupid.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    From what I have heard about this,, they may have strayed off course because they were Missionaries and the entire point of their trip was to preach and spread 'the word'. Dunno....it was dumb for sure.
    Bible Sharing Couple Hijacked by Somali Pirates & Killed

By Jason Boog on February 22, 2011 10:02 AM
    Somali pirates hijacked and reportedly killed Scott and Jean Adam (pictured, via)–a sailing couple distributing Bibles around the world. Passengers Phyllis Macay and Bob Riggle were also killed.
    Since 2004, the couple had distributed Bibles as “unassociated missionaries” on their boat. According to their blog, the couple sailed more than 60,000 miles and distributed Bibles in Central America, French Polynesia, the Cooks, Samoa, and Tonga.
    Here’s more from the couple’s blog: “Scott & I feel that we can do more as ‘unassociated missionaries.’ (Our only association is that of fiscal oversight by the Quest Mission Church in Bakersfield.) This allows us to follow the Spirit as we search for “homes” for our Bibles. We hope to be a blessing to those who receive these Bibles. This year (2007) we shipped 17 cases of Bibles to the Quest in New Zealand for our mission (about 500 Bibles). We had hoped to send more, but the shipping costs were oppressive. Because Catholics have a slightly different Bible than Protestants we carry both Bibles, and at several different reading levels.”

Bible Sharing Couple Hijacked by Somali Pirates & Killed - GalleyCat

Well. So much for that idea.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

So they went off course to give away bibles to Somali pirates who used to be thriving fishermen until European fishing factories destroyed the reefs off Somalia.

Yeah, that should have worked.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Oh, so they were missionaries. Can we fill a couple ships up with door-knocking Mormons?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

and some Jehova's Witness' too?? Hari Krishnas?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information