Thread: Man shot dead in Latvian movie theater for eating popcorn too loudly

Default Man shot dead in Latvian movie theater for eating popcorn too loudly

Man shot dead in Latvian popcorn row; gunman was attorney | Earth Times News

Riga - A 28-year-old man facing a murder charge after gunning down another man in a Latvian cinema over the weekend is an attorney with a PhD in law and a graduate of the national police academy, local media reported Monday.

On Saturday evening, the two men became involved in a argument during a screening of the film "Black Swan" in Riga. Initial reports said the row started over accusations that one of the men was eating popcorn too loudly, and quickly escalated.

Latvian police chief Artis Velss confirmed on Monday that four shots had been fired at the end of the film.

The incident is just the latest in a series of recent events that has brought Latvian law enforcement into disrepute.

On January 25 police fought a gun battle with armed robbers only to discover the thieves were in fact other police officers. One man was killed.

Last week footage was shown on national TV of police officers apparently stealing from parked cars. Shortly afterwards an officer of the state protection service was arrested on charges of drug dealing while on duty at a government building.

Meanwhile, judges are threatening to strike rather than accept pay freezes applied to most other state employees.

Interior Minister Linda Murniece has handed in her resignation in the dispute.

Close your mouth when you chew.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I have never been struck by the urge to shoot anyone, but it is annoying hearing people chew loudly/talk in theatres. Poor young man who was shot, that's not a good reason to shoot another person. Sounds like it's a bit lawless in Latvia.

Latvian police chief Artis Velss confirmed on Monday that four shots had been fired at the end of the film.
    I think he was being very considerate of the other patrons to wait until the end of the film to shoot. You wouldn't want to ruin the ending for everyone.

I can see how a smacker could push you over the edge.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I think he was being very considerate of the other patrons to wait until the end of the film to shoot. You wouldn't want to ruin the ending for everyone.
    LOL, i know.

this story just proves that studying/practicing law makes you lose your mind slowly.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

He wasn't shot for eating popcorn too loudly. It was the asshole popcorn eater who did the shooting.

"Update

We're obliged to a Latvian reader for clarifying that the shooter was actually the one eating crisps in a disorderly fashion when the victim complained. The former waited until the end of the movie before making his fatal move, at which point he was overpowered by other audience members until cops arrived. We have no information on the flavour of the crisps."Source
    "WHY WAS I BANNED? WHY WAS I BANNED? WHY WAS I BANNED?" -PacificBreeze

Thread Information