Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

fgg

Default Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

By Suzanne Zuckerman
    Saturday January 29, 2011 02:30 PM EST

Tragedy struck Tampa Thursday night. Julie Powers Schenecker, 50-year-old wife of a U.S. Army colonel, has admitted to killing her teen son and daughter, say police.

She first shot son Beau, 13, twice in the head with a .38 caliber pistol for "talking back" as she was driving him to soccer practice in suburban Tampa, according to the arrest affidavit.

The police report says she then drove to her $448,000 family home and shot her daughter Calyx, 16 a high school cross-country running star in the face as she sat studying at the computer.

The explanation she gave police was that the teens were being "mouthy." "She described the crimes in detail," Police spokeswoman Laura McElroy says, adding, "That was the only reason she provided to our detectives."

An anxious call from Schenecker's mother in Texas (who had received an e-mail from her daughter stating that she was depressed and having trouble with the kids) led police to the home on Friday morning. There they found Schenecker covered in blood on the back porch. She was taken, reports the Associated Press, wild-eyed and shaking uncontrollably, to a Tampa hospital.

She will not appear in court Saturday charged with two counts of murder because she's being treated at a hospital for an unknown condition.

Her husband, Col. Parker Schenecker, who is attached to the U.S. Central Command in Tampa, was reportedly in the Middle East at the time of the murders.

Saturday afternoon, Parker Schenecker's Facebook page showed a photo of Calyx, smiling and surrounded by running teammates. A comment posted by Julie Schenecker on Oct. 20 reads: "that's my baby! doin' something i could never do-3.2 miles!!"

Julie Schenecker Hospitalized after Shooting Son, Daughter : People.com

so...she shot the boy WHILE driving? i'm confused. those poor kids

Unhappy

I bet there's lots of people cheering for her too.

Also, Calyx is an awful name. Who names their kid after the reproductive parts of a flower?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Who would cheer for her? This is horrible.

She's insane. You only have to see the photos and video of her. She must have gone completely cuckoo.

I looked at her facebook page. She "liked" a page entitled something like "if you hurt my teenage daughter, I'll make your death look like an accident." Not that this means anything, it's just kind of eerie.

Very disturbing story. Apparently everybody else thought the kids were very well-behaved. Maybe they were but they still sassed their mom, who knows. It's interesting that people say that Calyx was "perfect."

One article said that mom showed no signs of trouble beforehand, but her own mother knew something was wrong. She's the one who called the police thinking something terrible had happened. I'm curious as to what exactly the email said to make her mother worry like that.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

She had a serious car accident a couple of months ago. Maybe she suffered problems from that.

I was wondering the same thing, Sarzy.

In this video, she's shaking and making facial movements like she's had a stroke or something. Like a really elderly person, or like someone with tardive dyskinesia.

11Alive.com | Atlanta, GA | Video

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I bet there's lots of people cheering for her too.
    You're right, it's already started. ETA: Be very careful about looking at this facebook page - there is a very disturbing and gory picture at the bottom and I reallllly wish I hadn't seen it.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...7562189?v=info
    Last edited by Lobelia; January 30th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Who would cheer for her? This is horrible.
    The whole "kids these days have no respect and need a damn good whuppin'" brigade. Like this asshole:
    "Can we stop diagnosing people we read or hear about in the news as "mentally ill?" ALL ACTS SUCH AS THIS ARE NOT DONE BY MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE, THERE IS SUCH A THING AS EVIL. However, in this woman's case, I almost want to applaud her for her actions because we see too many of these mouthy, rude overbearing teenagers everywhere and wish we could do the same thing to them. HOWEVER, this one lies with the parents. The kids did not raise themselves and the parents apparently tolerated their "mouthyness" for 16 years. It should have been stopped a long time ago. Message to other mouthy teens out there: You better watch your mouth and how you speak to your parents and others!!! Open season now. Sad, sad, sad."Source

"Let this be a clear warning to the mouthy kids that there are life threatening consequences.
    We the parents have put up with the unruly and mouthy kids for decades. Some of us have remained silent, others have screamed and shouted back, only to see more disobedience.
    Now watch your behind as you mouth out."Source
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; January 30th, 2011 at 07:02 PM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

i vote crazy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yea, that's a woman who just lost whatever marbles she had. I'm so sorry for that family that the mother didn't get help.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

or she's just a devotee of the old testament. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

-- Stephen Hawking

She did this on the day of the funeral of 2 of out police who were shot to death. Too much tragedy. She's out of the hospital now. Her kids were soooo well liked. Amazing she just snapped, no one saw it coming.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Crazy as a loon. Poor father!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This is crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Silver Member

We need less loonies with access to firearms.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information