Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting, California

Default Another school shooting, California

Police: At least 3 shot at California high school

Several students reportedly were shot Tuesday at a high school in Gardena, California.

January 18th, 2011
    02:16 PM ET

At least three people have been shot at a high school in Gardena, California, Lt. Steve Prendergast of the Gardena Police Department said Tuesday. The conditions of the victims, who all appear to be students, are unknown.

Police: At least 3 shot at California high school This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Not many details yet.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I can't imagine! This is so scary.. I don't even want to think about it. I would die if it happened at my daughter's school.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Cripes, when will enough be enough? When will we stop mollycoddling disturbed children? When will we stop raising assholes who get pleasure from belittling others to the point that they see no hope?

Frankly, I am so damn sick of the damn 2nd Amendment, I am so damn sick of guns and violence all the time.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I am afraid this is just an established thing, something that is just to become common and accepted. Cars will crash, buildings will catch on fire, and schools will have shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Cripes, when will enough be enough? When will we stop mollycoddling disturbed children? When will we stop raising assholes who get pleasure from belittling others to the point that they see no hope?

Frankly, I am so damn sick of the damn 2nd Amendment, I am so damn sick of guns and violence all the time.
    For as long as there are guns so freely available and complete nut cases around it'll happen.

From what I heard on the news, it sounds like this was gang related. They said the school has had so many problems with gang violence, that they have wands to scan kids before they enter the school. Some kid brought this gun inside his backpack. How he got it past the wands, I don't know. He set it down in class and it went off, grazing one kid in the neck and hitting another in the face.

Update:

Updated at 3:24 p.m.] A shooting that injured two people at a high school in Gardena, California, on Tuesday was accidental, Los Angeles Unified School District spokesman Rober Alaniz said.
    The two injured have been transported to a hospital, Alaniz said. He told CNN affiliate KCAL/KCBS that a student brought the gun to school in a backpack, and when the student dropped the backpack, the gun discharged and wounded two students.
    Earlier, Gardena police said three people were shot at the school. Police said a suspect is in their custody.
    Not quite buying the accidental bit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm not sure about the accidental thing either. Kid drops backpack and a gun discharges and fires one bullet, which strikes two kids???? One girl in the head and the boy hit in the neck???

Elite Member

But guns are okay, y'all. They're not the problem.

Where'd he get the gun, hopefully not from his parents.

I hope he got it from some guy on the street.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

More guns for all!

Good thing he had that gun to, uhh, protect himself in case of, uhh... burglars? Criminals? What are the other common (stupid) arguments? Whatever, I fucking hate guns and I'm sick of reading about shit like this every damn day.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

A chicken in every pot and a gun in every backpack. Show and tell, perhaps?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

...and another one today. Although this one looks to be an outsider and an LAUSD police officer.

Thousands trapped inside police shooting perimeter in Woodland Hills | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Thousands trapped inside police shooting perimeter in Woodland Hills

January 19, 2011 | 3:00 pm

The massive police perimeter in Woodland Hills was causing headaches for people trapped inside - and causing some worry for parents whose children were stuck at their campuses under lockdown.
    Ken Taylor, who owns a photo studio on Ostronic Drive, said he and his employees tried to leave the area after they heard about the shooting at El Camino Real High School but were stopped by police searching for the gunman who shot a Los Angeles Unified School District police officer.
    "The police stop every car," Taylor said. "When cars stop, they're opening their trunks. They just want to make sure the suspect doesn't get out."
    Taylor said the police told him that if he left the perimeter, he wouldn't be let back in. So he and his employees decided to return to the shop.
    "We locked our doors," he said.
    Jennifer Rubenstein of Woodland Hills said she has a freshman and a junior at El Camino and a sixth-grader at Hale Middle School.
    She said she was surprised about the shooting in what is usually a quiet neighborhood.
    "This is why you live here," she said.

Christine Spence said she kept calling and texting her son at Hale and finally got through to him. He told her that students were locked in fourth-period class and that food was being sent into classrooms.
    "I've never wanted to do home schooling, but now with what's going on I might do it," Spence said. "I may keep my son home from school tomorrow."
    The LAUSD said two schools, Calabash and Pomelo, will dismiss students at the normal time. Seven other schools will remain on lockdown for a while.
    Many anxious parents were gathered in the Hale parking lot, just north of a perimeter cordoned off by police.
    Shelly Devito was there waiting to be let inside so she could pick up her two children from El Camino Real.
    "Nobody's telling me anything; I can't get through," she said. "My kids are texting me and calling me."
    She said students were stuck inside their classrooms and had not been let out to eat lunch or go to the bathroom.
    "They're stuck inside and they're not allowed to move," she said. "They're hungry, they have to go to the bathroom," she said. "My daughter told me her teacher said to make a circle around a girl who had to pee into a trash can."
    Devito said she heard about the shooting while at work at a nearby preschool. "Everybody was panicked. I'm panicked," she said. "You think your kids are safe, and they're not. It's that feeling.... I don't know what to do with myself now."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information