Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Philadelphia Kensington Strangler Suspect In Custody

Default Philadelphia Kensington Strangler Suspect In Custody

Fox 29 has confirmed the Philadelphia police have caught a suspect in the case of the Kensington Strangler, a serial attacker who killed three women in the past two months.

Fox 29 first reported that police would make an announcement in the case on Monday night. The announcement turned out to the naming of a suspect in the case.
    Antonio Rodrigues, 21, was taken into custody about 20 minutes after the police press conference.
    Police say a DNA match confirms the suspect is Rodriguez, who is from Philadelphia’s Kensington section.
    Someone called police durng the 6 p.m. press conference with a tip, and Rodriguez was arrested at a home on Mutter Street in Kensington.
    Philadelphia police say Rodriguez hasn't been charged in the stranglings and police hadn't even obtained an arrest warrant for him. But they call the DNA link made by state police connecting Rodriguez to the three victims in their offender database "a major break in the case."
    Rodriguez was being sought on a bench warrant from a missed court appearance in an unrelated case.
    The FBI and local police have been working together on the case, using profiling and other techniques.
    An attack victim who survived an assault helped police draw up composite sketches that have been publicized for the past six weeks.
    Three women in Philadelphia' Kensington section were sexually assaulted and died at the strangler's hands.
    In December, 27-year-old Casey Mahoney was found strangled in a vacant lot on Front and Tusculum Streest. She was the third victim of the "Kensington Strangler."
    The other victims, Nicole Piacentini and Elaine Goldberg were also found strangled and beaten in early November.
    Philadelphia police have been adding manpower to the special task force set up to catch the killer.
    They were focusing on the person of interest in a surveillance video. The man in the video walked with a noticeable limp or gait to the left.
    The man shown in the composite sketches is being connected to the sexual assaults that have also happened in the neighborhood – possibly linking him to the murders as well.

Police Name Kensington Strangler Suspect
    Last edited by pinkbunnyslippers; January 17th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

The sketch looks nothing like the suspect. This guy killed hookers and regular people.

^^^ITA. I hope this is him, but it sure doesn't look like it.

I think the lips kinda do, but that's it.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I think the lips kinda do, but that's it.
    It totally looks like him! Yes especially the lips. A composite sketch is from someones memory! I'm always damn impressed that they get it so close.

The DNA taken from the murder victims matches the DNA sample in the from the State Police data bank.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Well, then he'll burn in hell then..............

And I'm guessing this guy had a long rap sheet too. We need to fix the system to keep creeps like these off the streets for good.

The sketch reminds me a bit of Lil Bow Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    And I'm guessing this guy had a long rap sheet too. We need to fix the system to keep creeps like these off the streets for good.
    I thought they'd find a long rap sheet, too, but it turns out he had no violent arrests. Drugs, most recently, which is when his DNA sample was taken. That's a step towards fixing the system.

I worked in this neighborhood for years. The residents have it hard enough. It's very good that this man is in custody.
    Things fall apart. It's scientific.

I heard this morning that he has confessed to the 3 murders. I wonder if they will connect him to others.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I remember hookers being interviewed by the news and they were saying how afraid they were. I guess it's safe for them to return to the streets. I hear there is much hookin' under the bridge in that neck of the woods.
    Over all, I'm glad this guy is caught and confessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    The sketch reminds me a bit of Lil Bow Wow.

Glad they caught him. I don't think he looks like the sketch but I wonder how many others murders there were...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    The sketch looks nothing like the suspect. This guy killed hookers and regular people.

The eyebrows are wrong, otherwise the sketch looks EXACTLY like the suspect.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Thread Information