Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Speculation Swirls in Disappearance of Houston 12 y.o., but Cops Say Case Not Closed

Default Speculation Swirls in Disappearance of Houston 12 y.o., but Cops Say Case Not Closed

Jonathan Foster

Houston police struggle to piece together the puzzle of a 12-year-old boy's disappearance from his parents' north Houston apartment on Christmas Eve, as reports surface of breaks in the case -- and even an arrest.
    But a spokesman from the Houston Police Department told FoxNews.com that no arrests have been made, disputing some local reports that a woman was in custody in connection to Jonathan Foster’s disappearance.
    Authorities also were investigating a charred body of a child discovered in a ditch Tuesday afternoon in Harris County, a suburb of Houston. Police say evidence suggests that the body was burned at another location and dumped.
    The police, however, could not confirm the body’s identity, and the Houston Medical Examiner’s office did not immediately return calls from FoxNews.com.
    "We can not say the two cases are connected," Kese Smith, spokesman Houston Police Department told MyFoxHouston.com.

Houston police have been criticized for waiting three days before issuing an Amber Alert. The police say the delay came as a result of inconsistencies in the parents’ initial story.
    Foster’s mother and stepfather were questioned on Tuesday.
    Foster is 4-feet-8-inches with a shock of red hair and an overbite, was last seen Friday afternoon at the Houston apartment complex wearing a tan colored shirt with a picture of a guitar, blue jeans and white sneakers.
    His mother says when she last called the house an unknown woman with a raspy voice picked up the phone then hung up.
    In light of this news, the missing 12-year-old’s family hopes that he will be found alive.
    "I believe he is out there," Mary Gifford, Jonathan’s maternal grandmother, said. “Let him come home, please.”
    Sgt. Stuart Harris said that the boy's father and other relatives live within walking distance of the complex and he would often visit them. Harris said relatives have been cooperative with investigators.
    "I don't know if it's an abduction. I don't know if he just walked off," Harris said. "I don't know if there's foul play involved. We have no reason to think he's a runaway. He's missing under suspicious circumstances, which is always a major concern for us."
    When asked why it took three days for an Amber Alert to be issued in the case, police said it was because they didn't feel they were getting the full story behind the child's disappearance.
    Meanwhile, volunteers from Texas Equusearch, a mounted search and recovery organization, appear to be in standby mode until they hear word from detectives on the case.
    Anyone with information is asked to call Houston Police Homicide at 713-308-3600.

Read more: Speculation Swirls in Disappearance of Houston 12-Year-Old, but Cops Say Case Not Closed - FoxNews.com
    I will never understand why this keeps happening.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

They charged a woman that knows the mother and step father.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Was she kin?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

No... so they're now saying that there may be other victims of this woman. I'm so disgusted.

Police: Woman Who Murdered Jonathan Foster May Be Serial Killer

By: John Pape on Thu, Dec 30, 2010
    News

During an afternoon news conference today, Houston Police investigators said Mona Yvette Nelson, the woman charged with capital murder in the death of 12-year-old Jonathan Foster, may be a child serial killer.
    MONA YVETTE NELSON

Officers said they are investigating whether Nelson may be involved in the deaths of other children.
    HPD Homicide Detective Michael Miller described the 44-year-old Nelson as “soulless,” and said the woman had shown an “absolute lack of remorse” for the killing.
    “I was one of the detectives to interview Mona Nelson, and I can tell you that she is a cold, soulless murderer who showed an absolute lack of remorse in taking the life of Jonathan Foster,” Miller said. “There are few cases that impact homicide detectives in this manner, but this is one of them.”
    Miller also said Nelson had admitted to dumping the boy’s burned body in the drainage ditch, but continues to insist she did not kill him.
    Detectives said their investigation suggested Nelson abducted Foster from his mother’s apartment last Friday afternoon. Witnesses reported seeing Nelson talking to the boy around 12:30 p.m. Miller described Nelson’s actions as “methodical” in the way she stalked the child before kidnapping him.
    Nelson then took the fifth-grader to her apartment near U.S. 59 and Laura Koppe, where she killed him and burned the body, according to investigators.
    A welder by trade, Nelson apparently used welding torches to burn the boy’s body in her apartment before dumping it in a drainage ditch on Schilder near the Hardy Toll Road. A surveillance camera from the nearby Rolled Alloys facility captured an image of Nelson dumping the body. That surveillance video led detectives to Nelson.
    The location where the boy’s body was dumped is about three miles from Nelson’s apartment.
    Miller said detectives had recovered “a wealth of evidence” from Nelson’s home.
    “Once we arrived at her house, we stumbled into a wealth of evidence; evidence that showed Jonathan’s body was burned at the residence,” Miller said. “Evidence that showed, perhaps, the items that he was burned with; evidence that had us fairly shaken up in collecting it.”
    The 14-year veteran homicide detective called the killing of Jonathan Foster “the worst case that I’ve been a part of” and at time struggled to hold back tears during the briefing.
    Miller went on to describe Nelson as “bizarre” and someone who “acted alone in this crime of her own disregard for human life.”
    He also said he believes Nelson may have killed other children.
    “Do I believe she’s done it before? Yeah; I do,” Miller said. “I don’t believe she began and ended with the abduction of Jonathan Foster.”
    Authorities have also revealed Nelson has an extensive criminal record dating back almost 25 years. That record includes:
    • 1986: Nelson was convicted of aggravated robbery in Harris County and sentenced to 10 years on prison.
    • 1991: Nelson was arrested by the Border Patrol at a checkpoint in Kenedy County for attempting to smuggle five illegal aliens from Mexico.
    • 1997: Nelson was convicted of theft by check in Daingerfield. That same year, she was also found guilty of theft in Mount Vernon, and served 30 days in jail.
    • 1998: Nelson was arrested for operating a stolen vehicle.
    • 2001: Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and served 29 days of a 30-day sentence
    • 2002: Nelson was convicted of possession of marijuana in Collin County.
    • 2004: Nelson was convicted of making a terroristic threat in Mount Vernon, Va.
    • 2005: Nelson was convicted of criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, Va.
    • 2006: Nelson was arrested on a battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
    • 2008: Nelson was arrested on a charge of assault on a family member in Mount Pleasant.
    Nelson remains in jail without bond.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; December 30th, 2010 at 08:22 PM.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Ugh and now Quanell is giving this woman an excuse, he claimed a man that burned his two children was evil, I just don't get his logic.
    Posted from my iPhone

WTF? Why? Just plain psychosis and serial killer bloodlust? Sick. He was just a little boy.

Thread Information