Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 14-Year-Old Student Charged With Murdering Math Teacher

He must have planned to do this in advance since he brought the box cutter and several change of clothes. The way it reads, the teacher talking about Tennessee set him off, but he wouldn't have known she was going to discuss that after school or that she would even ask him to stay after school. It makes you wonder if there was some other exchange prior that had him in the mind set to kill her, and the Tennessee thing was the last straw.

I also can't believe no one noticed him in a ski mask and dragging a recycling barrel through the school,...I mean, good God. Wouldn't someone notice that??

So very disturbing and sad. If he had no prior problems or crimes, he sure sounds like he was a ticking time bomb, waiting to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    In various reports he is said to have raped her with "an object."

I read somewhere today that the object was a tree branch which he left inside her. I don't remember exactly where I read this. I was on abunch of websites today at work.

http://www.amren.com/news/2013/11/student-14-used-tree-branch-to-rape-teacher-in-school-bathroom-before-slitting-her-throat-and-leaving-a-note-saying-i-hate-you-all-next-to-her-staged-body/

The 14-year-old student accused of raping, robbing and murdering his high school math teacher used a tree branch to sexually assault her and left a hate note next to her body, it has been revealed.

Philip Chism left a folded piece of paper with the words ‘I hate you all’ next to the corpse of Colleen Ritzer after he slit her throat in a bathroom and left her body in a ‘sexually staged’ position at Danvers High School in Massachusetts, according to court court papers.

Philip Chism
    Philip Chism
    The documents also describe how Chism’s parents were going through a difficult divorce and the student had become visibly upset at Miss Ritzer after she asked him to stay behind after class on the day of the killing, according to the Boston Herald.

Miss Ritzer, 24, had asked Chism and another student to stay behind on 22 October and began talking about Tennessee–the state where Chism used to live–causing him to become distressed.

Colleen Ritzer
    Colleen Ritzer
    Chism, whose mother left his father and moved away this summer, was seen talking to himself quietly after his teacher changed the subject.

He wore gloves and a mask as he followed Ritzer into a second-floor bathroom after the argument armed with a box cutter.

He raped her, slit her throat with the box cutter, wheeled her body outside in a large recycling bin and dumped it in the woods behind the school. Her body was found naked from the waist down with the three foot branch still inside her corpse, which was covered in leaves. Her bra was pulled down and her top pulled up.

An unidentified woman also walked into the bathroom as Chism committed his terrible crime at 3pm, but left quickly when she saw his naked behind and clothes on the floor. She told police that she assumed someone was changing in the bathroom.

Chism was also seen on CCTV emerging from the bathroom after killing Miss Ritzer, leaving the building and using a service elevator to return with a recycling bin in which he stuffed her body.

The new details come after Chism was indicted in a Massachusetts court on charges of murder, aggravated rape and armed robbery on Thursday.

District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett also said in court on Thursday the teen stole her iPhone, credit cards and underwear. He was found with her underwear and a bloody knife in his bag.

‘The indictments returned today detail horrific and unspeakable acts,’ District Attorney said.

‘Since the moment Ms Ritzer’s body was discovered, a dedicated and professional team of state police detectives assigned to my office, Danvers Police officers, crime scene forensic experts and assistant district attorneys have worked tirelessly to compile and present the evidence to the Grand Jury.

‘This is the first step in a long process to secure justice for Ms Ritzer and her family.’

The second-year math teacher’s family released a statement yesterday saying: ‘We are devastated and heartbroken by the details of the horrific circumstances surrounding the death of our beautiful daughter and sister, Colleen.

‘As a family, we continue to mourn Colleen’s passing and ask that the media respect our privacy during this very difficult time.’

A student in Ritzer’s math class says the teacher had asked Chism to stay after school that day for help on an upcoming test.

After the murder Chism went to a movie theater and watched Woody Allen film Blue Jasmine by himself.

Police prosecutors have attempted to keep details about the shocking murder under wraps up until now but said earlier this month there was nothing untoward about the teacher’s relationship with her alleged killer.

‘There is absolutely no evidence of any misconduct or wrongdoing by Ms Ritzer of any sort,’ assistant Essex District Attorney David O’Sullivan said in a court hearing held for attorneys for several media outlets, who are arguing to unseal Chism’s entire file in Salem District Court.

The media are attempting to see the file due to the widespread public interest in the tragic death of Ms Ritzer.

However attorney Susan Oker, one of Chism’s public defenders, said it has not been determined what evidence will be admissible in court, so releasing anything would jeopardize the trial.

Oker said some statements taken from some 14-year-olds were ‘inflammatory’ and therefore unnecessarily harmful, according to The Boston Herald.

The new developments come after MailOnline revealed that Chism confessed to carrying out the attack, according to officers attached to the case, and that he was caught on security cameras at Danvers High School, Massachusetts, dumping the body, covered in blood.

But despite fully cooperating with police, telling them exactly what happened during the October 22 tragedy, the Freshman soccer star refuses to tell anyone why he did it.

Detectives are working on a theory that Chism–who only moved to Danvers from Clarksville, Tennessee at the start of the school year–was ‘infatuated’ with Colleen, 24, and snapped when she spurned his advances.

But this has not been confirmed.

Police had hoped to uncover something in his past that could explain the killing and they have been in touch with authorities in Clarksville since the murder.

Chism had been in a couple of ‘minor scrapes’ at his previous school, Rossview Middle School, but there was nothing that could possibly indicate he was capable of such a seemingly senseless killing.

Detectives have also looked into his medical history, but at this stage they do not think he was on any kind of mental health drugs.

They may now analyze a number drawings Chism had scrawled in his note book during maths class on the day of the murder, in the hope the sketches give some kind of insight into his mind state at the time.

The Essex County District Attorney’s office have told the MailOnline they do not have any idea why Chism allegedly did what he did.

A police source said: ‘We have no idea why he did this. We have questioned him and got nothing. We have spoken to authorities in Tennessee and other than a couple of minor scrapes at school he was a well behaved student.

‘As far as I am aware he was not on medication. The only thing anyone can come up with is that he had feelings for her that were not returned, but that is just a theory. It really is a complete mystery. and it is unclear whether we will ever really know why he did it.’

Friends and family of Chism are equally mystified by the crime. His mother Diana–who is separated from his father Stacey–said her son was, ‘born in love’ and that she is, ‘struggling to understand’ the murder.

And his former soccer coach at Rossview Middle School, Clarksville Jando Herrera told CNN: ‘I’m sure any of his teammates would say the same thing: that he was just the nicest kid on the team, probably.

‘It’s completely out of character; it’s not something that I would ever imagine Philip ever, you know, doing or anything like that . . . always the most respectful kid that I’ve, you know, had around–”yes sir, no sir”.’

Investigators searched Chism’s family home in Danvers–a couple of miles away from the murder scene–but their findings have been kept secret.

The reasons why the warrant was requested in the first place have also been banned, along with the actual motion from the Essex County District Attorney’s office requesting the court order.

Student Rania Rhaedaoui was sitting just one desk away from Chism in his final math class with Ritzer, a couple of hours before the killing.

Speaking to the MailOnline, she explained: ‘We were supposed to have a test last Friday and Philip wasn’t participating in class on Tuesday. He was drawing in his note book and not working. He always draws, but I didn’t ever see what he was sketching because he was quite private about it.

‘Miss Ritzer spotted what he was doing and asked if he could stay behind so she could help him. It wasn’t a punishment and it was something she did a lot with other students. If you couldn’t stay it was no problem.

‘As I left the classroom to go to play practice, I could see he was getting his homework stuff out ready for extra tuition.’ It is understood police may now examine his drawings to see if they give any clues as to his motive.

A different student saw the two together an hour after the class had ended, and Colleen was standing next to him as he was sitting down by her computer.
    Brookie likes this.

Psychopath with abuse in his background, a typical scenario bc the abusive parent probably had similar tendencies. Couldn't handle the stress of divorce and relocation, acted out the kind of fantasies he had probably had for a while. Planned it, used the teacher to make a point and bc she was the type of person he was not, full of hope and empathy and from a stable background. Staging the body is a sign that he would have gone on to do this again but less detectably had he not been careless enough to have been caught.

Very young to have done this crime so although a prior murder is unlikely, records will have to be checked to see if any unsolved murders in his geographic range bore the same signature.

/armchair detective stuff
    Last edited by Shinola; November 22nd, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Just awful. And yet again proves you can't go by appearance. He looks like a nice, trustworthy, clean-cut kid.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    Psychopath with abuse in his background, a typical scenario bc the abusive parent probably had similar tendencies. Couldn't handle the stress of divorce and relocation, acted out the kind of fantasies he had probably had for a while. Planned it, used the teacher to make a point and bc she was the type of person he was not, full of hope and empathy and from a stable background. Staging the body is a sign that he would have gone on to do this again but less detectably had he not been careless enough to have been caught.

Very young to have done this crime so although a prior murder is unlikely, records will have to be checked to see if any unsolved murders in his geographic range bore the same signature.

/armchair detective stuff
    Sounds very plausible.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I have seen many seasons of Criminal Minds and I too think that there can't be any way he escalated so much in his first crime. I don't think he killed other people but it's quite possible he started with animals.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Teen who 'brutally raped and killed his teacher with a box cutter' escapes from carers and attacks female youth worker at detention center

• Philip Chism allegedly raped and murdered Danvers High School math teacher Colleen Ritzer, 24, in a school bathroom last October
    • He has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder, rape and robbery
    • Earlier this month, he allegedly assaulted a female guard at his youth facility
    • He 'crouched down out of view' and followed a female youth worker before trying to choke her in a locker room, say prosecutors
    • She screamed and was rescued by other prison workers, according to court documents
    • Prosecutors have asked for stricter security over the teenager
    • He is undergoing a mental health evaluation in hospital

Prosecutors have asked for strict security for a Massachusetts teenager charged with killing his teacher after he allegedly attacked a female youth worker this month.
    In court papers released Thursday at the request of The Salem News, Essex County prosecutors said 15-year-old Philip Chism slipped away from caregivers before the June 2 incident at a the Metropolitan Detention Center in Boston.
    Prosecutor Kate MacDougall said Chism crept along a common hallway 'crouched down out of view,' followed the woman to a locker room and tried to choke her while holding a pencil. Other workers came to the woman's aid when she screamed.

Chism is at Worcester State Hospital for evaluation, and prosecutors have expressed concerns about security at the facility, reports the Salem News.
    Chism pleaded not guilty to robbing, raping and killing 24-year-old Danvers High School teacher Colleen Ritzer after following her into a restroom last October.

A 15-year-old accused of brutally raping and murdering his teacher last year has attacked a female guard at his youth facility, it has been reported.

'The Department of Youth Services is working closely with law enforcement to investigate an assault that took place on a member of the staff at our Dorchester facility,' Alec Loftus, Department of Youth Services, told WCVB, which first reported the assault.

Authorities still don't know what motivated the transfer student from Clarksville, Tenneessee to kill his teacher.
    He has pleaded not guilty to aggravated rape, robbery and murder in the death of Ritzer, whose body was found in the woods near Danvers High School in October.
    Her throat was slit and a note reading, 'I hate you all' was found at the scene.

Chism, who had been asked to stay late by Ritzer to help after school, allegedly followed her into a bathroom on October 22 and attacked her, sexually assaulted her twice, stripped her and then stole her cellphone, credit cars and her driver's licenses.
    According to investigators, her body was then placed in a recycling bin and carted away to a wooded area behind the school and dumped.
    During the violent assault on Ritzer, Chism, who was then just 14, allegedly raped her twice - once with a stick.
    After dumping her body, prosecutors say Chism returned to school barefoot where he changed into his soccer clothes and threw away his bloodied school clothes.

He then went to eat a burger at Wendy's and caught a screening of Woody Allen film 'Blue Jasmine'.

Police arrested him later that evening when he was found walking down a busy highway. He had a bloody box-cutter in his pocket along with Ritzer's underwear.

Last month, Ritzer's parents Tom and Peggie Ritzer issued a video statement speaking about their loss while also thanking the community for their support.
    'These past six months have been a period of great pain and sorrow for our family and all those who knew and loved Colleen,' mother Peggie said.

'Each day presents new challenges but we are blessed by the support of family and friends. Through the many acts of genuine kindness to honor our daughter and sister, our spirits are lifted. Though difficult, we strive to follow Colleen's words to find good in every day.'

In the video, Mr Ritzer thanked everyone for turning out to raise money in Colleen's name.

'Thank you for your kind words, generous gestures and support of the scholarship fund in Colleen’s name that will empower future generations of thoughtful, caring teachers to emulate Colleen’s passion to inspire students to discover their full potential,' Mr Rtizer said, flanked by Mrs Ritzer and Colleen's sister Laura and brother Tom.
    Following his arrest, classmates and teachers at the school expressed shock that such a quiet and polite boy could commit such a horrendous crime.

Chism's mother Diana - who is separated from father Stacey - said her son was 'born in love' and that she is 'struggling to understand' the murder.

Read more: Prosecutors ask for tighter security after teen who brutally raped and killed his teacher with a box-cutter escaped from carers and tried to choke a youth worker | Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The guy is like a young Hannibal Lechter....

This kid can't be fixed.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Chism's mother Diana - who is separated from father Stacey - said her son was 'born in love' and that she is 'struggling to understand' the murder.
    Yeah, that kind of tells me all I need to know about this kid.
    Free Charmed.

What the fuck does that even mean?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm thinking that she means that he had a loving family from birth and that there wasn't some kind of issue/trauma that she could tie this to. If I remember correctly, the parents got divorced when he was a teen. At that point, his behavior and attitude started to change for the worse. I think there is something organically wrong with him, though.

I agree Mo. It's possible this kid is beyond hope. He doesn't need to be released any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    What the fuck does that even mean?
    It's a Christian thing "Born IN love… Your marriage should come out of the love you and your wife/husband have for each other.
    The marriage should come about THROUGH love, just as God was so intimate with Adam and Eve, highly personal, shaping one another.
    The marriage should be FOR love. The love of each other, the love of God and a Kingdom purpose of loving others around us.
    Children – in, through, for love

Children should also be born IN love… they need to be thought about and planned for well before conception. Just as God was already love and then He lovingly designed this world for us, our children need to come out of an overflow of love between a married couple. "
    SHELLEE likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information