Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 14-Year-Old Student Charged With Murdering Math Teacher

DANVERS, Mass. (WHDH) -- Investigators are still piecing together what they say 14-year-old Philip Chism did, in the hours after the murder of Danvers High School teacher, Colleen Ritzer.

“There's no answers, we don’t know why and that really is making the whole mourning process a lot more difficult,” Lisa Smith a parent in Danvers, said.

Students returned to the high school Thursday to meet with grief counselors for the first time since the murder of 24-year-old math teacher, Ritzer.

With freshman 14-year-old Philip Chism behind bars and charged with her death, more details are emerging about the moments before and after the murder.

Sources say school surveillance video, and there are close to 200 cameras positioned between the inside and outside the school, show the teen following Ritzer into a women's bathroom on the second floor. The video goes on to show Chism leaving the bathroom covered in blood.

Sources also say Chism who was wearing white gloves struck his math teacher twice before slashing her with a box cutter then placing her body in a recycling bin and wheeling it out of the school and into the woods.

Chism then disposed her body according to our sources and covered it with leaves making it difficult for investigators to find her.

Sources say after the murder he changed out of his bloody clothing; he’d been carrying a black backpack.

He then went to the 4:30 afternoon showing of Woody Allen’s “Blue Jasmine” at the Hollywood Hits Movie Theater and left at 6:10 after paying cash for his ticket.

“He came in, bought a ticket, watched the movie. Left. We have video but it’s only going to the police,” said Scott Przybycien, Hollywood Hit Movie Theater.

Sources say at some point he smashed his cellphone and Ritzer's cell phone in a parking lot near the movie theater then used her credit card to buy food at Wendy's.

What happened over the next five hours remains a mystery but when Chism was taken into custody by police in Topsfield, he was carrying Ritzer’s credit card and other forms of her identification.

According to sources, Chism later confessed to the murder.

Other students, including kids from the soccer team gather, puzzled by what happened.

“I would have never predicted this to happen at all, he just seemed like such a normal kid,” Danvers High soccer player Chris Davis said.

Parents will be meeting with school officials at 6:30 Thursday night at the high school.

Danvers High School will be reopening on Friday, but police say the bathroom where Chism allegedly attacked Ritzer will remain closed.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ribbit View Post
    Scary shit, I agree that he doesn't look like a killer.
    What do they look like?
    witchcurlgirl and Shinola like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I didn't realize he killed her so early. There had to have been several people still in the school. I thought maybe he came back to the school after hours. Most of the teachers I know are on campus until at least 5 o'clock.

Damn, he used her credit cards to buy his food at Wendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    What do they look like?
    Like the kind of person who would go to a Woody Allen movie.

A member of Chism's English class, Ariana Edwards, said Chism had friends, but chose them carefully. "He wasn't, like, too friendly though," she said. "He, like, only had certain friends. He wasn't, like, outgoing to everyone ... in classes he would only talk to, like, a select few people. And he was new too, so, like, he didn't have, like, the, like, amount of friends as everyone else."

Source: To friends of suspect in teacher murder, charge doesn't add up - CNN.com

Ouch.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

A member of Chism's English class, Ariana Edwards, said Chism had friends, but chose them carefully. "He wasn't, like, too friendly though," she said. "He, like, only had certain friends. He wasn't, like, outgoing to everyone ... in classes he would only talk to, like, a select few people. And he was new too, so, like, he didn't have, like, the, like, amount of friends as everyone else."

Source: To friends of suspect in teacher murder, charge doesn't add up - CNN.com

Ouch.
    Can you imagine what that person would do with the Like button here?

Ouch.
    Someone clearly isn't getting much out of English class.
    Trixie and Brookie like this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Someone clearly isn't getting much out of English class.
    I "LIKED" this post.
    Quazar likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Ouch.
    I was surprised by that...I thought most news sources would edit out that kind of thing. Well, silver lining--maybe that girl will realize how idiotic she sounds.

I have read in the Boston Globe that the suspect had a change of clothing with him, so it sounds premeditated. And at least 1 student has said that the suspect seemed withdrawn in the last couple of weeks.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

He was also supposed to be at soccer practice so the change of clothes may have been for that, i.e. not premeditated.

Ouch.
    wait, when did they like, interview Cimmy?
    Sylkyn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    He was also supposed to be at soccer practice so the change of clothes may have been for that, i.e. not premeditated.
    True, but the gloves are kind of creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    am i the only one wondering if there was something sexual going on?
    It entered my mind from a purely analytical perspective, but I will be surprised if that turns out to be so. Just a gut feeling, and he seems like a psychopath who acted coldly based on what is reported. Cleaning himself up afterward and hiding her in leaves. Doesn't seem like a crime of passion, seems like he had murderous impulses and took an opportunity after she triggered him inadvertently. Young or new killers tend to make dumb mistakes that get them caught, but if they get away with early crimes they get more crafty. I dunno, we'll see. I admit that I hope she is absolutely blameless of anything, bc her friends, family, and community are already overwhelmed.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I "LIKED" this post.
    Thank you for this - I literally laughed out loud when I read this. And then I "Liked it"!
    Brookie likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Silver Member

I'm wondering if he was planning on killing her, or something set him off. Maybe in his mind, being asked to stay after class was the perfect opportunity.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information