Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police uncover bodies of mother, son and friend missing since last week

Default Police uncover bodies of mother, son and friend missing since last week

This was a story I had been hearing about on TV for the past several days. Some neighborhood weirdo had abducted a 13-year-old girl and had her bound and gagged in his basement. I guess they had found him because his behavior made him the most likely suspect.

Anyway, the girl's mom and brother were missing, along with a friend. And I didn't have high hopes for them, but this puts it to rest. The remains of all three were actually found stuff inside a hollow tree.

===================================
    WCSH6.com | Portland, ME | Police uncover bodies of mother, son and friend missing since last week

Ken Christian, Information Center Content Manager 47 mins ago KNOX COUNTY, Ohio (NBC) -- Authorities in central Ohio have confirmed that the bodies of 32-year-old Tina Hermann, her 10-year-old son Kody and family friend Stephanie Sprang were recovered in a heavily wooded area Thursday.

Police say they found the bodies thanks to information given to them by Matthew Hoffman, the lone suspect in the case. He's being held on a kidnapping charge.

Hoffman was arrested this past Sunday at his house, the same house where officers found 13-year-old Sarah Maynard gagged and bound, but alive.

Sarah and the three victims were reported missing last Wednesday.
    Authorities say evidence of a struggle and blood was found in Herrman's home.

Knox County Sheriff David Barber says the case is now a homicide investigation and will be turned over to the county prosecutor's office.

fgg

i saw this on nancy grace. how in the hell did this guy abduct 2 adults and 2 children by himself without anyone noticing? that poor girl is going to be fucked up for the rest of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i saw this on nancy grace. how in the hell did this guy abduct 2 adults and 2 children by himself without anyone noticing? that poor girl is going to be fucked up for the rest of her life.
    Another thing that bothers me is Hoffman's parents and a family friend saying that they never thought he could do something like this. His odd behavior had gone on for a while. AND he had served time in prison for burglary as well as arson to hide the evidence of the burglary.

Here is more macabre information. They NEVER would have found the bodies if he hadn't told them where they were. They were literally inside a tree that could be entered from a hole at the top:

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...e.html?sid=102

The bodies were found inside a hollow tree that was nearly one mile into the woods. Investigators said the area is so densely wooded that they believe Hoffman dragged the bodies to the tree.
    Detectives believe that Hoffman, an experienced tree trimmer, used harnesses to haul the bodies up to a hole at the top of the tree and dropped them down to the base, Ramos reported.

fgg

if he's that familiar with the woods and where there's a hollowed out tree, there are probably more bodies out there...

or not. If they zeroed in on him this quickly, he's probably not at all good at covering his tracks.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

He definitely folded a lot faster than Kyron Horman's stepmom.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you gotta be fucking kidding me! this is the most horrific thing i've heard in a while

not to sound morbid, but how in the world did he get the bodies in there? Take them up a ladder and drop them down. I must be missing something.

I hope that girl's father gets her the help she will need.

Apparently, he tied a loop around their bodies, under their arms. Then, threw the other end of the rope over a branch, then, pulled the bodies up to the top, where the hole was. Then, dropped them down.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    or not. If they zeroed in on him this quickly, he's probably not at all good at covering his tracks.
    Yep, I think they found his fingerprints in the house, and since he was a convicted felon, they were able to find him quickly. From what I've read, his parents lived down the block from the victims so he was probably stalking them for awhile.

This reminds me of that Shasta Groene case from several years ago where the perp killed all the adults in the house and kidnapped the two kids. Sexually assaulted and killed the young boy before they captured him several weeks later with the girl, still alive.

Joseph E. Duncan III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thanks for posting MKG.

We've been watching this sick story closely, as we have family in Mt. Vernon, and Apple Valley OH, and we frequently visit. It's a sweet, quiet little town.
    I read the bodies were in trash bags inside the tree. How do you fit a "body" in a trash bag...? horrors...
    Poor surviving girl, I wonder how it all happened, and what she endured at this psycho's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    This reminds me of that Shasta Groene case from several years ago where the perp killed all the adults in the house and kidnapped the two kids. Sexually assaulted and killed the young boy before they captured him several weeks later with the girl, still alive.

Joseph E. Duncan III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That was exactly the case I was thinking of, but I couldn't remember the perp or the victims' names.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    Thanks for posting MKG.

We've been watching this sick story closely, as we have family in Mt. Vernon, and Apple Valley OH, and we frequently visit. It's a sweet, quiet little town.
    I read the bodies were in trash bags inside the tree. How do you fit a "body" in a trash bag...? horrors...
    Poor surviving girl, I wonder how it all happened, and what she endured at this psycho's hands.
    Either cut it up, which would be way messy, or use more than one trash bag and some tape.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Yet another psycho that was released from prison and never "rehabilitated."

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Yet another psycho that was released from prison and never "rehabilitated."
    Oh for Pete's sake. He went to prison for arson to cover up a theft. What is there in that that would be an indicator of the recent crimes? What do you think is an appropriate sentence for arson? This case was not a failure of the system. This was not "yet another". This was a nut whose prior criminal record could not possibly have given a clue of what was to come. Stop with the handwringing about how awful modern society is. This story is horrific enough without that crap.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information