Thread: Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

fgg

Default Massive Search for Kyron Horman, 7, Who Disappeared from School

Massive Search for Boy, 7, Who Disappeared from School

By Eunice Oh
    Monday June 07, 2010 03:10 PM EDT

Kyron Horman
    FBI

After attending a school science fair Friday morning, Kyron Horman walked down a hallway toward his classroom as his stepmother watched.

When the 7-year-old from Portland, Ore., never made it home that afternoon, his family called his elementary school. A few minutes later, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department was alerted.

The disappearance of the bespectacled second-grader has prompted a massive search by 60 trained searchers and additional volunteers. Another 65 detectives from agencies throughout the region have been brought in, along with the resources of the FBI.

"Kyron, we're going to bring you home, buddy," an emotional sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates said a press conference Monday. "Nothing is more important to your family and friends."

But despite the aggressive effort to find Kyron, authorities fear it's still not enough.

"We definitely got a late start here," sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said Saturday. "The family didn't know that he wasn't at school, his teacher didn't see him, so we are feeling like we are behind the eight-ball here."

Hundreds Interviewed

Authorities have been combing the school grounds and the surrounding area, while investigators interviewed nearly 200 of Kyron's classmates and their parents at Skyline Elementary and their parents over the weekend.

The sheriff's department said late Sunday it was not calling the boy's disappearance a kidnapping, but Kyron is being described as a "missing endangered child" because he was last seen more than two days ago and since search efforts had been slowed down by rainy weather, said Sheriff Daniel Stanton.

The boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, said the two were at the school together Friday morning, where she took him around to look at various science fair projects. At approximately 8:45 a.m., she said she saw the boy, who was last seen wearing a black "CSI" shirt and dark cargo pants, walk to his classroom.

Staff at the elementary school said they did not see Kyron after that, but authorities have been reviewing photos and video taken at the science fair. One photo shows Kyron smiling in front of his project on the red-eyed tree frog.

In addition to its Behavioral Analysis Unit, the FBI has dispatched its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team, reports the Associated Press, though this does not mean authorities have determined an abduction has taken place, the FBI said.

Massive Search for Boy, 7, Who Disappeared from School - Crime & Courts : People.com

His shirt is awesomely portentous
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I were the police I would be talking a whole lot more with the stepmother.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

fgg

that's what i was thinking when i first heard the story but he was actually spotted at school. i guess she could have just taken him after the science fair.

lynnie...people saw him at the science fair and there are pics/video of him being there.
    Last edited by fgg; June 8th, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

Yea, I have a feeling the step mother was in on this too...

Just seems VERY odd that NO ONE saw him at school except her.

Jesus...hope they find him. Poor kid.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i grew up in oregon. this poor little boy look at his eagerness and guileless contentment in that photo! ugh, my heart breaks for him, to think someone harmed this child, someone close to him too.

makes me really ill. grown fucking adults who are supposed to protect children instead hurting them. if that is the case. child killers and predators should all receive the death penalty imo.

Was watching The Today Show this morning and they were talking about this case....seems the parents have been cooperating w/Police, yet have made no personal plea's for his return...which apparently a lot of people are finding odd.
    How much they are cooperating I don't know, but even the Police are starting to concentrate on the parents, they basically came out and said it.

Sometimes you just don't want to talk to the press and release a plea to someone you want to strangle. You don't want people to know how hopeless you sound; you don't want to cry on TV because your loved one might be watching and give up hope. And sometimes you believe that whoever took them wouldn't listen and might even take malicious pleasure in your pain.

Its easy to critique how the parents are handling it, but we don't really know how we would react until we're in their shoes.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Was watching The Today Show this morning and they were talking about this case....seems the parents have been cooperating w/Police, yet have made no personal plea's for his return...which apparently a lot of people are finding odd.
    How much they are cooperating I don't know, but even the Police are starting to concentrate on the parents, they basically came out and said it.

Maybe because a public plea is stupid. It has never worked in the history of mankind.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

So there were no video cameras at the school? This whole thing stinks.
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Sometimes you just don't want to talk to the press and release a plea to someone you want to strangle. You don't want people to know how hopeless you sound; you don't want to cry on TV because your loved one might be watching and give up hope. And sometimes you believe that whoever took them wouldn't listen and might even take malicious pleasure in your pain.

Its easy to critique how the parents are handling it, but we don't really know how we would react until we're in their shoes.
    I agree with you. It must be hard knowing everyone is going to examine your every word and movement to see if they think you are lying too.

I agree with all of you--I don't think the parents MUST make a public plea for his return, it historically doesn't make a bit of difference in the long run. But the POLICE are questioning it....

I have no clue how I would react either. Not sure I'd want to be front and center and be 'on' constantly when my kid disappeared w/o a trace.

where is his real mother? Is she in his life at all? I haven't seen a mention about her or why she isn't in the picture.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Good question!
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i grew up in oregon. this poor little boy look at his eagerness and guileless contentment in that photo! ugh, my heart breaks for him, to think someone harmed this child, someone close to him too.

makes me really ill. grown fucking adults who are supposed to protect children instead hurting them. if that is the case. child killers and predators should all receive the death penalty imo.
    Just curious.. by Portland?

This is so sad and heartbreaking!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information